Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've read seems to suggest that a trade is possible, but the one on the table from the Swans (23 + White), will not be approved. There is a quote from Patrick Keane saying that a Tippet trade put forward by Adelaide would be assessed. Who knows?

I can't see any club trading for him without knowing the extent to which he'll be penalised for all of this.
This is my take as well ....will Sydney increase their offer ....don't think so

Will Brisbane come in? .....they've held off Martin as i suspected a few days ago
They're staying in contact with AFL ....may offer pick 8 to get deal done quickly and IMO AFC will snap it up

When the club does it's investigation into this, everyone will be asked the magic questions.
1. What did you know?
2. When did you know it?
3. Who did you tell?
4. Did you make any records?
5. WTF were you thinking!?

As the saying goes:
'What a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive".

In hindsight, quite a few people at the club knew (Noble for one) and had to bull-sh1t their way through media interviews. Compromising everyone's integrity.

Yes, we have a problem with the AFL, but worse the club has a credibility and integrity problem with it's players, supporters and most of the other staff who knew nothing about this and will be disillusioned.

I am convinced heads will have to roll, the Board has little choice.
Agree completely. Not a matter of if, but who and how many get lined up and shot at AFC.

If the Crows made the agreement, but have never been required to pay Tippett anything extra it will go a lot further to helping our cause than if the club has been topping up his endorcement money every year outside of the salary cap.
Yep ....treated like injury payments which can't be declared up front, but there's a provision made in clubs TPP for it

Will Brisbane come in? .....they've held off Martin as i suspected a few days ago
They're staying in contact with AFL ....may offer pick 8 to get deal done quickly and IMO AFC will snap it up

I just can't see us being rewarded for this at all.

I'd prefer a player. At least the AFL won't be able to strip that away from us. :p

The AFL seem to be pretty adamant that this investigation will take as long as it takes. I don't think they'll be in any rush to finalise Tippett's penalties to help us offload him. We should probably resign ourselves to getting nothing for him. The positive thing is, he'll never pull on an Adelaide guernsey ever again.

The actual endorsements themselves unless they formed a part of his deal are no more subject to the cap than any other player's are.

You might want to give Tom Scully and GWS a call about that.

While I can see the point you're trying to make that by underwriting 200k (even if the Crows dont pay anything) that it should be included which I agree is true, but you're drawing a very long bow by trying to claim that the Crows are apparently 200k better off salary cap wise because all higher profiled players make that type of coin from endorsement.

They probably do make that kind of money from endorsements. Many top players probably make a ton more.

But if those endorsements are offered by the club as incentive to sign a contract, they are 'consideration' to sign the contact and thus must be declared (and more often than not, added into the cap).

The AFL have been red hot on this since the Judd/Visy deal, Scullys Dad, Richmond and the Perth teams 'Property deals' and so forth.

At the end of the day, it's innocent until proven guilty I guess. Despite I assume a huge amount of evidence, given the afl investigation is ongoing, I guess they will have to assess any proposed trade on its merit.

Given the heavy involvement of the AFLPA, it seems like they're probably seeking guarantees that Tippett won't be deregistered or suspended thereby providing g some certainty to any club making an offer for him.

Anyhow, guess we'll know by 2pm EDST tomorrow.

I just can't see us being rewarded for this at all.
Yes but GWS are the sleeping giant in this .......maybe prudent for Brisbane to get Tippett in a trade rather than risk PSD

Almost certainty Sydney out

I'd prefer a player. At least the AFL won't be able to strip that away from us. :p

The AFL seem to be pretty adamant that this investigation will take as long as it takes. I don't think they'll be in any rush to finalise Tippett's penalties to help us offload him. We should probably resign ourselves to getting nothing for him. The positive thing is, he'll never pull on an Adelaide guernsey ever again.
So would I BUT unless Polec specifically requests a trade .....think Brisbane would also prefer to keep player rather than draft pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day, it's innocent until proven guilty I guess. Despite I assume a huge amount of evidence, given the afl investigation is ongoing, I guess they will have to assess any proposed trade on its merit.

Given the heavy involvement of the AFLPA, it seems like they're probably seeking guarantees that Tippett won't be deregistered or suspended thereby providing g some certainty to any club making an offer for him.

Anyhow, guess we'll know by 2pm EDST tomorrow.
Yep agree with this

If the Crows made the agreement, but have never been required to pay Tippett anything extra it will go a lot further to helping our cause than if the club has been topping up his endorcement money every year outside of the salary cap.

One way or another, Adelaide helped arrange endorsements and sponsors. That's salary cap cheating. If Adelaide were found to have actually paid Tippett some serious shit will go down, but I doubt they did.

Would Adelaide realistically want pick 8? I think Adelaide realise that their top end draft picks are going to be taken away. Adelaide will be looking to make Tippett suffer, sending him to the PSD and potentially to GWS will appeal to Adelaide considering the way Tippett has screwed them over. The only way I see a trade occurring is if it's Polec for Tippett and even then I don't think Brisbane would do it, even though there are murmurs Polec is homesick.

What's the bet the AFL's love child, GC and GWS (OK, children) somehow get the benefit of all this?

The AFL has form, we have seen how it manages the system to give these two every possible advantage.

btw, was there any penalty for GWS other than having to include Scully's dad in their TPP? Any loss of draft picks, any fines.......anything?

One way or another, Adelaide helped arrange endorsements and sponsors. That's salary cap cheating. If Adelaide were found to have actually paid Tippett some serious shit will go down, but I doubt they did.
No it's covered under marketing allowances to players as part of contract

Would Adelaide realistically want pick 8? I think Adelaide realise that their top end draft picks are going to be taken away. Adelaide will be looking to make Tippett suffer, sending him to the PSD and potentially to GWS will appeal to Adelaide considering the way Tippett has screwed them over. The only way I see a trade occurring is if it's Polec for Tippett and even then I don't think Brisbane would do it, even though there are murmurs Polec is homesick.
We'd prefer Polec no doubt ....but i think you also would prefer Polec over the uncertainty of pick 8

Will be interesting tomorrow .....really think Tippett himself does not want to go PSD .....he has some thinking to do tonight ....or should i say his father does

No wonder we are always kissing the afls arse. We are more crooked than a dogs hind leg.
Keeping our enemies close.

As for this 200k business. Surely noone here is naive enough to think noone on the board knew about this.

"Reid is said to have told AFL investigators the exit clause and evaluation of a second-round draft pick was based on the league's own guidelines for the compensation Adelaide would have been handed had Tippett walked to Gold Coast as an uncontracted wildcard recruit"

Well at least that part makes more sense, they worked the second round pick out based on what the AFL guidelines indicated they would have gotten if he walked to the GC in 2010, and must have said to him 'give us 3 more years and if you still don't like it, we'll do the same deal ourselves to make it as just easy for you then'.

He must have been well and truly out the door in 09 for them to be that desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back