Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder we are always kissing the afls arse. We are more crooked than a dogs hind leg.
Keeping our enemies close.

As for this 200k business. Surely noone here is naive enough to think noone on the board knew about this.
Remember, the boardis non-executive. Which means their only formal contact with the club is when they get together once a month or so for a board meeting and are presented to by the executive. It is up to the executive (ie full time employees) to brief the board and fully disclose to them what's going on. Board meeting minutes will outline what has been discussed at board meetings and will be key to who was complicit.

I dunno whether I'm naive, but your white collar corporate types (eg chapman) take matters of ethics pretty seriously. I have no reason to question him at this point.

Well at least that part makes more sense, they worked the second round pick out based on what the AFL guidelines indicated they would have gotten if he walked to the GC in 2010, and must have said to him 'give us 3 more years and if you still don't like it, we'll do the same deal ourselves to make it as just easy for you then'.

He must have been well and truly out the door in 09 for them to be that desperate.

He couldn't have left in 2009 .If he was contracted till the end of 2010 there was no rush on signing Tippett. Sure you don't want to leave him unsigned for months longer but if random F***ED UP requests are inducing panick just slow down.

It is up to the executive (ie full time employees) to brief the board and fully disclose to them what's going on. Board meeting minutes will outline what has been discussed at board meetings and will be key to who was complicit.

Like you RW, I have no real clue as to whether the board knew, media is reporting it didn't.

Just to add to you comments though, executives can brief a board but say the matter is 'not for the minutes'.

MARK STEVENS in the Herald Sun today.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/hea...tt-saga-rolls-on/story-fn7shx05-1226503416225

Blucher, the Lions' media man through the club's glory era of three premierships, remains close friends with the Lions' chief executive of the time, Andrew Ireland. Ireland is now chief executive of Sydney, the club chosen by Tippett as the club of his choice. There is another connection, with Ireland's daughter Natalie working for Velocity in Brisbane in media and communications.

Queenslander Tippett sat in the office of Gold Coast officials a year ago and asked if they could help get him "home". It was a shock about face when he chose Sydney as his preferred choice.

Blucher, along with Velocity general manager Alastair Lynch, also played a key role in Tom Scully's exit last year.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/hea...tt-saga-rolls-on/story-fn7shx05-1226503416225
Some interesting facts in this article.

And at least Blucher is going down too......

Assuming the club is telling the truth about Tippett and Blucher making the additional demands, the 200k figure is just crazy. When you offer a player $650k or whatever it is we offered him, and he comes back at the last minute and says "I'll sign but only if you agree to trade me for a crappy pick at the end of it, AND pay me an extra $200k", he doesn't want to be there. He just doesn't. That's the kind of offer you make when you are you hoping the other party will walk away. He probably couldn't believe his eyes when he read the email saying we agreed to it.

I need to try this at my work. Just email them and say "I'm going to walk unless you give me a 30% payrise. Don't tell the ATO though!!"
Given the way Tippett has acted since walking out on the club and the information that's come to light over the past couple of days, can anybody actually believe we were wanting to enter into another contract with this bloke, to the extent that we were offering him around $800k per year? **** me dead! It boggles the mind, it truly does.

Given the way Tippett has acted since walking out on the club and the information that's come to light over the past couple of days, can anybody actually believe we were wanting to enter into another contract with this bloke, to the extent that we were offering him around $800k per year? **** me dead! It boggles the mind, it truly does.
Very true, we as a club have bent over backwards for this bloke. I'm glad he's gone. My old man has always said about Tex Walker; "he's the sorta bloke who'd play for free"; shame the same can't be said about Tippett.

Who does this bloke think he is anyway demanding $1m per season! Have fun sitting in the stands for (according to Caroline Wilson) the first 6 games of 2013.

Without all the facts being clear it's difficult to draw a line on what would be the clubs actual penalty

Firstly on draft tampering, even given the fact that this other agreement existed the facts are that Adelaide were trading up on the "2nd round clause" agreement by seeking two first round picks from Sydney which no agreement was reached so I am struggling to see how this is draft tampering

On the salary cap matter, again even if the $200k payment over two years can be proved does the fact that we still had room under our cap play in our favor in terms of severity of penalty?

With this in mind could the REAL issue be the fact that the AFC kept these two transactions out of sight from the AFL as I am not convinced that we have actually tampered with the draft or breached our cap limits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts on Tippett

Unfortunately our clubs behavior on this matter was driven by two factors

1. The Greed of the Tippett family
2. The pressure not to lose a promising star to the GC

My next point is BUYER BEWARE

Here is a player that during his time at AFC broke his back and suffered a series of concussions and the club was outstanding in handling his recovery and welfare during these periods. Additionally the club has gone through extraordinary lengths to deal with his homesickness and most importantly his own team mates had taken pay cuts to accommodate his salary demands to which he fully new.

Regardless of all this at no stage throughout the process has Tippett been honest to club, coach and team mates on his decision to leave and at no stage has he factored in and put a value on what the club has done for him.

BUYER BEWARE

So I flew back to work today and have just caught up on 8 zillion pages and all I can say is this truly sucks.

I never thought I'd see something like this happen to my footy club. Trigg is a dick. John Reid is an enormous dick.

**** we're stupid. :(

On a possible trade

If AFC and Tippett want to salvage something out of this train wreck both parties should consider a trade to either GC or Brisbane for a player exchange only

Benefits are

1. Tipoett gets certainty and finds a home
2. Adelaide get a young player such as a Polec which the AFL can't take away in form of a penalty

On the salary cap matter, again even if the $200k payment over two years can be proved does the fact that we still had room under our cap play in our favor in terms of severity of penalty?

If we made finals / grand finals (as anticipated at the time) in 2010 and 2011, would players have received incentive bonuses? Would this along with this undisclosed $200k have pushed us over the cap?

This is seriously bad.. especially if the Carlton supporter about 20 pages back is correct when he suggests their cap breach with O'Reilly was $115k

With this in mind could the REAL issue be the fact that the AFC kept these two transactions out of sight from the AFL as I am not convinced that we have actually tampered with the draft or breached our cap limits

yes, AFC may not have tampered the draft or breached the salary cap but the club conspired to do so (and in writing!)

1) written promise to KT to trade him to club of choice for 2nd round pick (conspiring to tamper the draft)
2) written promise to KT to pay him outside the salary cap if necessary (conspiring to breach the salary cap)

If we made finals / grand finals (as anticipated at the time) in 2010 and 2011, would players have received incentive bonuses? Would this along with this undisclosed $200k have pushed us over the cap?

This is seriously bad.. especially if the Carlton supporter about 20 pages back is correct when he suggests their cap breach with O'Reilly was $115k

For for what know at the moment the Crows havent paid Tippett anything extra, they only promised to make up the shortfall should Tippett not have made 200k in endorsements. Provided we havent actually had to pay him anything then the only thing we are guilty of is making a deal on the side rather than also paying him extra money as well.

For for what know at the moment the Crows havent paid Tippett anything extra, they only promised to make up the shortfall should Tippett not have made 200k in endorsements. Provided we havent actually had to pay him anything then the only thing we are guilty of is making a deal on the side rather than also paying him extra money as well.

Not too confident that Balfours were paying him $65K per season for those awful ads...what else did he do?

What a cluster**** of a situation. Didn't realise Trigg was so breathtakingly stupid.

Kurt will be desperate to avoid GWS and control his destiny so im hoping he will agree to be traded to Brisbane or the GCS. Hopefully somehow we can salvage something from the ruins and grab Polec or Gorringe. Not terribly optimistic but i think the AFL will want to see Kurt traded. (He shouldn't be penalised for his former club breaching regulations right :rolleyes:)

Could be our last chance to grab some elite talent for a year or 2 so lets not **** it up. Keep Triggy far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back