Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, the boardis non-executive. Which means their only formal contact with the club is when they get together once a month or so for a board meeting and are presented to by the executive. It is up to the executive (ie full time employees) to brief the board and fully disclose to them what's going on. Board meeting minutes will outline what has been discussed at board meetings and will be key to who was complicit.

I dunno whether I'm naive, but your white collar corporate types (eg chapman) take matters of ethics pretty seriously. I have no reason to question him at this point.

I'd say the only naive part (and I'm not attacking you by the way) is to think the directors only ever come across information about the club at board meetings, especially in a place like Adelaide AND involving the Crows. Unfortunately I have seen how ethical some members of the Crows board have been elsewhere (including Chapman) so I do not have any faith that in this instance they are telling the truth (they might well be). For instance, if the board did only hear about this for the first time last week, why the hell wasn't Trigg given the sack immediately? Seems like they are using this time to get all their stories straight maybe. Otherwise surely that type of deception requires instant dismissal, or force Trigg to step down.

so if carlton lost there draft picks we will get the same how much do you think this will effect our list since it is pretty strong?

Your list right now is much stronger than what we had when we received the sanctions.

I think the AFL have learned their lesson when it comes to 'over-punishment' and its clear the sanctions put in place against us - clearly crippled our club and set us back years.

The AFL felt so bad about what they did to us, they were inclined to sign off on Judd's third-party VISY deal.

I don't think you'll get it as bad as we did, my guess is a ban from the first and second round of this years draft and a hefty fine.

Grant Thomas a few moment's ago on Twitter;

Grant Thomas@Thomo_Grant
Have AFL got double standards if they're trying to nail Tippett when we cast minds back to GWS shenanigans? Duplicitous behavior perhaps?

Ah, Grant Thomas. Lovable nutbag and pretty much the only voice in the AFL media that isn't singing from the AFL's lyric sheet.

After going thru all this BS, surely neither the AFC or AFL could possibly agree to a Tippett for 23 trade, with or without crappy steak knives. Then pick 23 would be taken off us anyway!

Nope, it's trade for a decent player (or pick which is on-traded asap!), or PSD for Tippett.

2% chance of a trade today surely.

Words cannot describe how monumental this stuff up is:mad:

The AFL felt so bad about what they did to us, they were inclined to sign off on Judd's third-party VISY deal.

See, this is what shits me with the AFL. Third party deals are bad, unless it's Judd or Scully's Dad getting a job at GWS. Then it's okay.

When that ****nut Anderson was appointed, a lot was made of his legal background (because he obviously knew ****-all about footy) and that it would help the AFL in the coming years.

With him in charge of footy operations, we've got one shambles after another.

Did Caro mention last night on AA the AFL may have an issue with the Draft and Restraint of Trade.

I reckon I heard her say that part of the reason the NRL don't have a Draft is because of our Restraint of Trade laws. And that someone with deep pockets could fight the AFL on it and win in our legal system.

I wonder what will happen if Tip does not get to Sydney.........Tip snr has deep pockets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will. I think they're just waiting for the AFL's investigation before he resigns as resigning now would be an admission of guilt.

Well why is he sending out emails to the members thanking them for their patience during the AFL investigation? Surely if the board has decided he is going that they would be ensuring that he keeps a very low profile.

Honestly there was nothing more insulting than receiving an email from Steven Trigg thanking the supporters for their patience regarding a situation in which he was directly involved in that has brought the club in disrepute.

The email SHOULD have come been signed off by Chapman. Seems to me that they think it's business as usual down at West Lakes :thumbsdown:

Well why is he sending out emails to the members thanking them for their patience during the AFL investigation? Surely if the board has decided he is going that they would be ensuring that he keeps a very low profile.

Honestly there was nothing more insulting than receiving an email from Steven Trigg thanking the supporters for their patience regarding a situation in which he was directly involved in that has brought the club in disrepute.

The email SHOULD have come been signed off by Chapman. Seems to me that they think it's business as usual down at West Lakes :thumbsdown:

How about you wait until all the FACTS are revealed before going off half cocked? He is presently still the CEO of the Crows and should be the one giving members information at a time like this. At least they've sent something out to members!

Shiit will get very real in the next week. We'll get a fine. IMO, Trigg will stay. But on top of that, further sanctions will come to $kurt and us.

Any guesses?

I'm hoping maybe losing a draft pick. If we were to loose one (or two), then this is the year do loose them.

Look on the bright side, it will keep Tambling at the club:):thumbsu:

Not sure how anyone could think that, he job is untenable. Surely the club knows that they would be exposing themselves for even more criticism should they try and justify retaining Trigg as CEO.

Gloom, Gloom, Gloom........How could they!!!!!

Maybe NZ for Trigg.

Will the AFC Board implode with this? Hopefully they are not party to all this.......but if not, I hope the AFL see the wisdom in maintaining some sort of remnant structure that does not destroy the Crows for 10 years!
The AFL will now want the Crows licence ASAP. Its worse than incompetence.
How the hell is Sando going to re-establish after this? I can't bear to think of the damage that all this may be doing to the young minds of Dangerfield, Sloan et al.

I know we have been manic in our lost years of post Modra to obtain a top class key goal kicking forward, but how did we ever become so delusional about retaining Tippett. We did more than sell our souls - we bared the arse of our Club and now we are well and truly rooted!

How blissful we were with the knowledge our Club was upright, steady, ethical, fair and dependable.

I gotta stop............

See, this is what shits me with the AFL. Third party deals are bad, unless it's Judd or Scully's Dad getting a job at GWS. Then it's okay.

When that ****nut Anderson was appointed, a lot was made of his legal background (because he obviously knew ****-all about footy) and that it would help the AFL in the coming years.

With him in charge of footy operations, we've got one shambles after another.

Third party deals aren't bad according to the AFL ... so long as they are registered and approved of by Ken Wood.

There are hundreds of them flying around - but like I said, given the scenarios, I think the AFL will over-look the precedent it set with us, and you won't get done as bad (after all, we were found to have continually breached the cap).

Not sure how anyone could think that, he job is untenable. Surely the club knows that they would be exposing themselves for even more criticism should they try and justify retaining Trigg as CEO.
Should probably wait until after the investigation concludes and all facts are out in the open before sacking!.......wait, what.............Matt Rendell........Who?

How about you wait until all the FACTS are revealed before going off half cocked? He is presently still the CEO of the Crows and should be the one giving members information at a time like this. At least they've sent something out to members!

I am not going off half cocked, I am just not sure how anyone could argue that the club hasn't erred by allowing Trigg to sign off on that email. I personally found it insulting to read it considering it was signed off by Trigg who appears to be deeply embroiled in the scandal subject to the email. The email that went out to memebers last night regarding the scandall should have unquestionably been signed off by Chapman.

The standard course of action in situations like this is that the parties are suspended pending an investigation, but it seems that despite all of this that Trigg is still being allowed to publicly be active in his role as CEO. I am slightly concerned as to why this is the case as under no circumstances should it be business as usual especially when the CEO is under allegations of being enbroiled into a scandal which could see the club severely reprimanded by the league.

Good news everyone, I heard the lube is on its way!

delivery_trucks2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back