Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant lose all picks, otherwise we cant upgrade crouch and calling and we'd be 3 players short of a full list which the afl wont allow.
maybe we only lose 1st and 2nd round picks like carlton. seeing as we dont have a 2nd rounder, we only miss out on pick 20. a bugger, but not bad considering we tried to cheat the system to hold onto a total loser.

I'm sure that's what he'd tell his family. :cool: I am not giving the reasons other than it wasn't to do with the Tippett contract (he was already going before that).
I'd take that over what some other douchbag has told you...

Didn't realize you were trying to pretend to be Emma Q... You like to talk up your credentials a lot don't you..

I'd take that over what some other douchbag has told you...

Didn't realize you were trying to pretend to be Emma Q... You like to talk up your credentials a lot don't you..

I don't know WHO you are. I'm not talking up anything. Believe me/don't I don't care.

Another couple of weeks of this.....
7709_c034_500.png

Im sorry arent we the club that sticks the high morale ground?.

Trigg set a standard with the sacking of Rendell.

Regardless of context the AFC will sack someone if they bring the club into question, Trigg has done that, and has caused us to lose any ability to trade out Tippett.

If he stays, i wont be renewing my membership I am not supporting a club with double standards that big.
:thumbsu:

Does it not strike anyone else as strange that Trigg was on leave overseas up until last week? Either he planned the trip himself hoping all this would fly under the radar or perhaps was told to take a vacation...
Or, just perhaps, he'd booked this holiday months in advance, trusting Harper & Noble to deal with trade week without requiring his intervention?

I suspect he, like everyone else, was thrown when KT nominated Sydney as his preferred destination. Everyone was expecting for KT to be traded to a Qld based club, where a deal for commercial value could be easily done and this whole mess would go away without the AFL discovering his dirty little secret. Sydney's involvement came as a massive surprise to everyone - their inability/refusal do to a commercially viable transaction, combined with legal threats from TT & PB, forced Trigg to become involved unexpectedly.

Don't get me wrong - there's plenty to blame Trigg for here already, but what you're suggesting here is worthy of the tin foil hat brigade.

If this is all true and the memo stated that AFC would make up the shortfall of up to $200k on any 3rd party deals $kurt got over the 3 years upon his exit, then can't it be plausible that we were always going to include it in the salary cap if it came that we actually had to pay the $$? The fact we didn't pay anything, possibly Triggy thought he could have brushed it aside until the trade got too hard, people started asking about the 'out clause' and he got sweaty palms and ran straight to Chapman's office. Chapman didn't want to know and went straight to Vlad for some answers. Vlad's just doing what he has to do with this all being so public and i'm sure we'll come out clean with a massive suspended fine and a new and clear understanding of the rules....$kurt to Sydney in the PSD and bring on the Swans to AAMI next year!
It's possible the AFL could see it this way, in which case we only have the draft tampering to worry about. Somehow, I think that's an optimistic view of things.

It's possible the AFL could see it this way, in which case we only have the draft tampering to worry about. Somehow, I think that's an optimistic view of things.

Isn't the problem with this line of thinking that if it was above board we would have included it in the primary contract? Isn't that why people talk about leaving room in the cap in case the team or players perform such that bonuses are triggered (eg all australian, B&F's, finals, etc). You could argue that these don't need to be paid if they are not 'triggered' but I doubt the AFL would be happy for these agreements to be signed outside the main contract just because they might not be paid. Not to mention all the other declarations that confirm the lodged contract contains all the terms etc.

I think the exact wording of this memo/note/email or whatever it is needs to come out before we know exactly how much sh** the club is in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mean that AFC needed to pay anything out, but his total income was increased by that amount - surely he noticed that?
It did? My understanding is that the AFC agreed to underwrite his external sponsorships to the tune of $200k. They paid nothing if he earned $200k+ from his personal sponsorships. My guess is that the AFC never paid a cent under this agreement and there would be no reason at all for KT to be suspicious as a result.

I'm sure that's what he'd tell his family. :cool: I am not giving the reasons other than it wasn't to do with the Tippett contract (he was already going before that).

Jeepers somewhat hypocritical considering your stance throughout this mega thread bagging people for listening to rumours and innuendo and here you are doing the same and adding fuel.

Jeepers somewhat hypocritical considering your stance throughout this mega thread bagging people for listening to rumours and innuendo and here you are doing the same and adding fuel.

No there's a difference. My info isn't rumour or innuendo. And how am I adding fuel? All Ive said is that John Reid was pushed, and that it wasn't related to this - and I think Wood Duck confirmed that it was common knowledge that he'd been asked to retire a year earlier than planned.

If he was still employed by us, he'd be wearing it as well mate.

Should be prevented from working within the AFL for the next year or two.
but based on what ? ....media reports?

Why don't we wait for the outcome b4 we hang people .......isn't that what we wanted with rendell

Are we that hypocritical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back