Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the end i think this will be good for the club.

No more Tippett, no more pandering to greedy primadonnas.

I think this will galvanise the playing group. Encouraging thinking of the collective playing group rather than greedy individualism.

Also for next year an easy us against them motivational opportunity.

I think this too. Suspect it has had the effect of reinforcing group vs individual already. Love hearing Bernie say 'our club'. And Danger's reference to 'adversity' is telling also. These kind of events can pull people together in a powerful way. Of course, they can also rip them apart, but I don't get a sense of fracture from the club over this. Rather, their public pronouncements - from tweets to official emails to members - have been full of camaraderie and resolve. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the playing group and the club as a whole tackle 2013 with a point to prove.

I think this too. Suspect it has had the effect of reinforcing group vs individual already. Love hearing Bernie say 'our club'. And Danger's reference to 'adversity' is telling also. These kind of events can pull people together in a powerful way. Of course, they can also rip them apart, but I don't get a sense of fracture from the club over this. Rather, their public pronouncements - from tweets to official emails to members - have been full of camaraderie and resolve. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the playing group and the club as a whole tackle 2013 with a point to prove.
Danger's reference to adversity has nothing to do with adversity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that's the AFL rule - 3 mandatory selections.

No, we can't upgrade rookies without using picks in the ND, since the AFL made this the mechanism for their upgrade 2 years ago.

This is why the whole suggestion of us being banned from the draft is ludicrous. They might ban us from the early rounds, but there's no way on earth that we'll be banned from the draft entirely.

The draft can go for 11 rounds, if thats how many selections a club needs to balance out its list. It never does though.

We'll just use a pick in the "6th" round to upgrade Callinan. Even if we do lose picks 20 and 54, it won't matter as we also have picks 72, 90, 108, 126 etc.

Oh if only Spackler could make something of all of this, some comedy would sure take the edge off all of this.

Combined Kurt Tippet/Trade Negotiations 6608 Posts

Kurt Tippet roast 146 Posts

It’s time to go Trigg 132 Post

Trade tamper Affair 431 posts

And there are other threads!

The guy is an OT (oxygen thief) – not worthy of our time – waste of space.

His father is delusional, his Manager crooked and Kurt is a legend in his own lunch box.

Oh if only Spackler could make something of all of this, some comedy would sure take the edge off all of this.

As Carl is on strike, I'll have a crack at it.

TRANSCRIPTS

SCENE ONE
Monday October 8, first day of trade period
Beatson to Noble, hotel room in Sydney

Beatson: Nobesy, mate, I've consulted management here and we'll offer you a second round draft pick for KT.

Noble: You must be joking, he's worth two first round draft picks….. (puts on serious voice) come back and talk to me when you're serious.

Beatson: Nobesy, maaaate…….check with Triggy, I think you'll find a second round draft pick is agreeable (winks).

SCENE TWO
Early hours of following morning
Phone call Noble to Trigg (street noise in background, chinking glasses, piano accordion playing)

Noble: Triggy? Bonjour.

Trigg: (French accent) It's bonsoir mon petite ami. (sotto voce) Imbécile.

Noble: Mate, I mean (Australian accent) 'mon Aami', Sydney are only offering us a second round draft pick for KT!

Trigg: ooh la la.

Noble: They said to check with you, they said you'll think it's agreeable. He sounded funny when he said 'agreeable', like it was some magic word.

Trigg: OOH LA LA!

Noble: They're playing funny buggers mon Aami, surely they know we would never accept a second rounder for KT.

Trigg: Pardon? Pardon? (agitated voice) le phone est kaput Day-veed, au revoir, le batterie is mort …….beeeep. (hangs up, disconnected signal)

Noble: Triggy? Are you there? Triggy? Triggy. Mon Aami?

SCENE THREE
Friday 12 October, 5th day of trade period
Beatson to Ireland, Ireland's office

Beatson: Mate, those idiots at the Crows are saying a second round draft pick won't do it.

Ireland: Bullsh!t, Bluchey told me it's watertight. F..k em, you can't trust anyone these days.

Beatson: I know, I know, absolute weasels, but they're not going take a second rounder, they're saying they'll let him go to the pre-season draft.

Ireland: F..k, we don't have to give those c….s anything, **** em. They don't know that we know what we know and if we pretend we don't know then the AFL won't know what we know and they know. Why don't you tell them we know what we know and then they'll know that we know too and then they'll know they're f…..d.

Beatson: Makes sense to me boss.

Ireland: (Calms down, long pause) Pre-season draft eh? (another pause). Alright, f…k it, give 'em a first rounder.

Beatson: Great, that should do it.

Ireland: And throw in Jessie White.

Beatson: And that improves the offer?

Ireland: It does for us.

Beatson: What if they don't want him?

Ireland: They'll take him, they're taking Angus Graham for f….s sake. At least White's got tattoos and looks tough.

SCENE FOUR
Monday 15 October, 8th day of trade period
Beatson to Noble, hotel room in Sydney

Beatson: Alright mate, you're killing us, I shouldn't be doing this but we're gong to give you our first round pick and Jessie White.

Noble: Really? (getting excited) Fantastic mate, thanks, Where do I sign?

Beatson: Whoa mate, steady on, let's leave it till the end of the week so it looks like we're both hard-arse negotiators.

Noble: Good idea mate, thanks, you sure do know how this trading stuff works. I might even use the word 'goddam' to the media, that'll rock 'em.

Beatson: Fill your boots sunshine.

(Beatson leaves hotel room.
Nobles dances around room in celebration)

Noble: (excited exclamations) Yipee! Yipee! Goody goody gum drops!

SCENE FIVE
Tuesday 16 October, 9th day of trade period
Noble to Sanderson, AFC offices

Noble: (enthusiastically, very pleased with himself) Hey Sando, guess what? Guess what?

Sanderson: Oh, I dunno, you got groped by Claude the mascot?

Noble: No, even better! I've got a first round pick for KT …….AND I got us Jessie White!

Sanderson: What?! We don't need White!

Noble: They said White would make the deal look better, that he adds ballast.

Sanderson: Ballast? What are we? A f……..g sinking ship?

To be continued………

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back