Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tending to agree with mattymac regarding Trigg's culpablity. It's yet to be proven or at least made public, as to the level or magnitude of this misjudgement/mismanagement. Whether a slap on the wrist or finding new employment is the appropiate outcome, for the board to maintain/regain the clubs integrity/professionalism?

Kurts-Shank Redemption
Kurt in his new found freedom finally learns how to kick straight years of kicking and shanking points from 20m out.

Dont even think along these lines!...a double nightmare for us could be that in some way at his new club he starts kicking at a 93% accuracy rate.

Re the article saying Trigg should keep his job. I have a funny feeling there is STILL more to this whole fiasco.

That funny feeling is likely to be constipation mate!! ;)

As to there being STILL more to this whole fiasco, I say bullshit. There's likely to be less than more.

Even journos who have been in the know to some degree such as Caro and Emma Quayle are backing off on the severity of the claims rather than adding to them.

The only way there could be more is if the audit of all players found something new, and IMO there's no way that wouldn't have leaked out of the sieve called AFL house by now if that was the case.

Anyhow, it'll all be finalised publicly this week, thank god, and then we'll see if you are a clairvoyant or just have constipation!! :)

I entirely agree with what you are saying, except that it assumes people like Demtriou and the AFL actually give a crap about being fair - which they don't.
They could easily smash us, give Melbourne a little tickle and defend the shit out of their position. They couldn't give a crap whether people thought it was fair or not.

Fair slant. The way the AFL will work the penalties-balance between AFC and Melbourne is getting me nervous. Our indiscretions are minor compared with full on TANKING, but the big stick must be wielded and seen to have been. The AFC are out-of-Vic and most football supporters would give scant care to an over the top penalty handed down to us. With MelbourneFC however the fall-out stakes are, by comparison off the scale, and the history, heritage etc of MFC will make Vlads crew think twice re the outcome. Realistically the AFL can take much more time with the tanking investigation, and to their advantage can delay the penalty so that it can be presented as unproven and a benefit of the doubt mantle cast over the whole episode. The AFC is stable, structured and probably capable of absorbing a harsh sentence. Melbourne is fragile, demoralised, and with an emotive recent history that begs the AFL treat the Club and players with compassion by laying the real penalties on individuals now outside of the Club. Gunna be interesting.

If the supposed payout to Tippett was never made, due to the AFL becoming aware of the situation prior to the expiration of the contract...
Would that make any difference to the impact and severity of the punishment? Sure the agreement was illegitimate and concealed over a period of time but in this instance there would be no violation of the cap and its associated reporting rules.

If the supposed payout to Tippett was never made, due to the AFL becoming aware of the situation prior to the expiration of the contract...
Would that make any difference to the impact and severity of the punishment? Sure the agreement was illegitimate and concealed over a period of time but in this instance there would be no violation of the cap and its associated reporting rules.
Tippett still got the money, so i dont think that will be a factor. At contract time he was promised in writing TPPs and from what i understand that is the major issue (that and the draft tampering). I dont think there has been any suggestion (except on here) that the intention of the AFC was to slip Tippett brown paper bag money, the issue is that we didnt disclose the fact that TPPs were guaranteed/

Interesting tidbit from EQ's twitter talking about Matt Rendell. She would never say if it was him but the fact she addressed it makes me think she's telling the truth.
"@VardyMagic @will_tilley that is the one person I can guarantee told me zilch!'

Fair slant. The way the AFL will work the penalties-balance between AFC and Melbourne is getting me nervous. Our indiscretions are minor compared with full on TANKING, but the big stick must be wielded and seen to have been. The AFC are out-of-Vic and most football supporters would give scant care to an over the top penalty handed down to us. With MelbourneFC however the fall-out stakes are, by comparison off the scale, and the history, heritage etc of MFC will make Vlads crew think twice re the outcome. Realistically the AFL can take much more time with the tanking investigation, and to their advantage can delay the penalty so that it can be presented as unproven and a benefit of the doubt mantle cast over the whole episode. The AFC is stable, structured and probably capable of absorbing a harsh sentence. Melbourne is fragile, demoralised, and with an emotive recent history that begs the AFL treat the Club and players with compassion by laying the real penalties on individuals now outside of the Club. Gunna be interesting.

I think the Melbourne situation will only help our cause. Right now, the Melbourne situation is clearly more significant than the Crows / Tippett debacle (at least everywhere apart from on this board) - and so it should be. Deliberately plotting to lose games of football is about as bad as it gets.

WW summed it up nicely - the D's would have to get a significantly harsher penalty, but the AFL will need to be measured in that ends up being, for fear of forever crippling one of the leagues oldest clubs. Our penalty will absolutely be relative to that (even if they announce ours first). Had the MFC benchmark not been in play, the AFL would have had more of a blank canvas to work with (so to speak).

True but what would have been Sandos reaction if he knew about the clause? Would he have backed himself into keeping him if he knew last time we had to agree to illegal terms to keep him? IMO he didn't know about as per his objection to trading in White and we have done the dirty on him by keeping him out of the loop. Another reason Trigg has to go.

Thanks EC and Carl for your support. There was a lot of unpleasant comments towards me prior to the **** hitting the fan when I said that Sando had not been told the full story (Yes Jenny, I'm looking at you).

I've been away for 10 days (no, I didn't return to Vanuatu) and after spending 4 hours catching up on all the posts that I have missed I find only three things have happened.

1) There has been absolutely no news on what will happen next (doesn't someone have a source at the AFL or at the the creativity to make up something).

2) Alex is suffering from severe NCWS (Neil Craig Withdrawal Syndrome). Without Neil around to pour his venom upon he really does seem a bit lost.

3) Jenny still totally supports The Board, Rob Chapman, Steven Trigg, Phil Harper, David Noble, Barrie Downs, Bob Wigley, Jarred Stamoulis....................................

:rolleyes:

I doubt Sanderson, or Craig, or any other coach in the league would want their club to sign a player to an illegal deal. Do what you need to do, yes, but keep it above board.

Wouldn't this sentiment apply to the CEO too. IMHO my gut tells me that there were a few people in the AFC that knew about the "side sweetner". That woould include Craig. Perhaps I dont have any idea of how the club works but I just feel there are more involved than we expect.

Still no news on Tippett penalty?

sloth-yawn-cute.gif

Someone wake me up when something happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton never actually paid silvagni & williams

Thanks EC and Carl for your support. There was a lot of unpleasant comments towards me prior to the **** hitting the fan when I said that Sando had not been told the full story (Yes Jenny, I'm looking at you).

I've been away for 10 days (no, I didn't return to Vanuatu) and after spending 4 hours catching up on all the posts that I have missed I find only three things have happened.

1) There has been absolutely no news on what will happen next (doesn't someone have a source at the AFL or at the the creativity to make up something).

2) Alex is suffering from severe NCWS (Neil Craig Withdrawal Syndrome). Without Neil around to pour his venom upon he really does seem a bit lost.

3) Jenny still totally supports The Board, Rob Chapman, Steven Trigg, Phil Harper, David Noble, Barrie Downs, Bob Wigley, Jarred Stamoulis....................................

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the mention. And yes, I certainly will support them while the investigation continues and before the consequences are known.

I was going to post this on the swans board but decided against it.

I reckon they are working feverishly behind the scenes to do a Luke ball. They'll be trying to moving as much cap back as they can so kurt can nominate 2 years at $2.4m. Of course there will need to be a handshake agreement where kurt will play last couple of years at $800k.

Now, don't pass this over to their board. I'm a damn sight more popular there than here. They even like my dog over there.
Sounds similar to what we did, "Kurt we'll pay you more than your worth to keep you this time but next time you'll have to take a pay cut." We all know how well that worked out.

I actually believe that refusing Triggs resignation was the right thing to do at this stage given that the investigation is still underway.

The moment of reckoning will be its internal actions after the investigation is complete. If it is (as many suspect) damning then Adelaide's actions will say a thousand words. Rob Ball cant help them spin away retaining Trigg in the face of heavy sanctions and a tattered reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back