Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he thought it was the right thing to do, much like rendell?
Jen as you know unlike many others I admire your loyalty but to think that Trigg can rightly continue his role after this absolute fiasco that has damaged our club name worse than any other time in our history .
The damage has been done and even if we only get a slap on the wrist due to findings there will be a huge outcry from all areas .
No matter what AFL laws we broke he and his cohorts lied and mislead AFL and all loyal Crows supporters and even apparently his own board whom he reports to .
Reasons mentioned by posters why should keep job.
A -- He has done a good job for long time .
Response -- So had Rendell and knife was planted for much lighter misdemeanour .

B -- As did not accept his resignation before will not now.
Response -- Obviously we would not accept his resignation yet as that would be silly in saying that we broke all the rules and therefore he and Crows are guilty on all counts .
After a few real down years we suddenly riding a crest of a wave to ultimate glory .
Now it feels like that wave has dumped on us and we are drowning and not until findings are released and all parties involved are judged and those within Crows are replaced can we put this behind us and move on to 2013 with the anticipation we had at final siren of PF .

With his record under pressure what are the odds?

That one final against Hawthorn where played on a total scrubber is his only proper finals performance

I don't know, four goals in each of his finals in 2009 wasn't too bad a performance either, especially for a player in his second playing season. Then he didn't get a chance to play in a final in 10/11.

His 08 final was a bust.

Considering he's kicked 4 goals in 50% of the finals he's played in, I'd say he's a better finals player than minor round player. He averages around 1.8 goals per game in the minor round, and 2.2 goals per game in the finals. Smaller sample, obviously.

I don't know, four goals in each of his finals in 2009 wasn't too bad a performance either, especially for a player in his second playing season. Then he didn't get a chance to play in a final in 10/11.

His 08 final was a bust.

Considering he's kicked 4 goals in 50% of the finals he's played in, I'd say he's a better finals player than minor round player.

I remember in 1997 Shane Ellen kicked a bag, so hes a great finals player. Shouldve picked him in the recent finals series, as 15 years ago is a great sign of current form.

I get what youre saying Stabby and i dont mean to offend. But really....... 2009 was the last time Kurt did anything meaningful.

Jen as you know unlike many others I admire your loyalty but to think that Trigg can rightly continue his role after this absolute fiasco that has damaged our club name worse than any other time in our history .
The damage has been done and even if we only get a slap on the wrist due to findings there will be a huge outcry from all areas .
No matter what AFL laws we broke he and his cohorts lied and mislead AFL and all loyal Crows supporters and even apparently his own board whom he reports to .
Reasons mentioned by posters why should keep job.
A -- He has done a good job for long time .
Response -- So had Rendell and knife was planted for much lighter misdemeanour .

B -- As did not accept his resignation before will not now.
Response -- Obviously we would not accept his resignation yet as that would be silly in saying that we broke all the rules and therefore he and Crows are guilty on all counts .
After a few real down years we suddenly riding a crest of a wave to ultimate glory .
Now it feels like that wave has dumped on us and we are drowning and not until findings are released and all parties involved are judged and those within Crows are replaced can we put this behind us and move on to 2013 with the anticipation we had at final siren of PF .

Don't get me wrong, I am not convinced he can stay on and I've said that all along. I just hope he can. I can hope can't i?

Just a thought re Trigg. His contract is most likely to have some sort of termination payment clause which would come into effect if he resigned or was forced to resign. However, no payment would be due if serious misconduct was proved. AFL rubs him and Reid out, which is quite possible (based on Quayle's story), and AFC have no payout liability. Your board are not dills.

I remember in 1997 Shane Ellen kicked a bag, so hes a great finals player. Shouldve picked him in the recent finals series, as 15 years ago is a great sign of current form.

I get what youre saying Stabby and i dont mean to offend. But really....... 2009 was the last time Kurt did anything meaningful.

Bit rough to condemn the guy for not firing a shot in finals in 2010 and 2011 when we didn't make them. 2009 is not that long ago, either.

I'll agree his output has been disappointing over the last couple of years - he could have been, and should have been, much more than he has been. I just don't think it's accurate to claim he isn't a finals player.

Bit rough to condemn the guy for not firing a shot in finals in 2010 and 2011 when we didn't make them. 2009 is not that long ago, either.

I'll agree his output has been disappointing over the last couple of years - he could have been, and should have been, much more than he has been. I just don't think it's accurate to claim he isn't a finals player.

True, but maybe if he fired a shot through 2010 and 11 he mightve had a chance to play finals then.

Tippett has until 2pm on Tuesday, November 13, to lodge his nomination with the AFL.

Does Tippett have to nominate his wage in the draft by 2pm tomorrow as well?

It would be pretty hard for him to know what wage to set considering he doesn't know if he'll be deregistered.

If he sets his wage at 1.2 mil and then gets deregistered for 11 rounds, surely GWS and Sydney would have to reconsider.

At the end of the trade period, the AFL said Tippett could nominate for the draft or pre-season draft pending the results of its investigation and subject to its approval.

Tippett has until 2pm on Tuesday, November 13, to lodge his nomination with the AFL.

Which is just over 24 hours from now.

Unless the AFL come out with his penalty tomorrow morning, one would assume that he can only be allowed a qualified nomination for either draft.

"Maybe it would be better for him to come down to Sydney and have a look at the other team in Sydney."
At the end of the trade period, the AFL said Tippett could nominate for the draft or pre-season draft pending the results of its investigation and subject to its approval.
If he does nominate, the Giants would be well placed to pick him as they boast the first three selections in the draft.

Sheeds is a hopeful optimist!

Please AFL... announce your findings and associated penalties for our club, Tippett, Blucher and $ydney before 2pm tomorrow... and then please AFC... the full story.

We are most likely the only novices that have actually put an illegal deal in print via emails, Stabby.

But it would be very naive to believe that none of the other 17 teams don't have a verbal out of contract agreement with a player that would match or exceed what Adelaide have done.

They're just not stupid enough to put it into print.

Unfortunately you guys have been caught out by one of the technicalities of the third party deal rules.

As you guys were discussing previously, these deals must have zero club involvement, and must be commercial in nature. Even if the club solicits the deal for the player (and involvement ceases there), its deemed a breech, and the club "should" include it in its declared TPP.

Also as you mentioned, the Carlton and Richmond cases were the classics for this. Richmond had property investments via our former Pres. We were investigated, and cleared, but I think it was a bloody close call. We had the double unfortunately. Firstly big doubts the deals were not presented as opportunities during contract negotiations. Secondly that the discounted rates the properties sold for were really commercial rates. FWIW it looked like the players got hosed in the end anyway, off memory remember the players getting lawyers in when the property values didn't appreciate as forecast.

As for Carlton, same issue, just higher profile. No one believes the Visy deal was not on the table when Judd was thinking of crossing over, and $200-300k a year for one picture on a website, a jigsaw puzzle, and handing out a few hats is nutty. However the idiots at AFL signed off on it, so all good to Carlton, you cant be booted for an AFL endorsed arrangement.

AFL has learned its lesson though, and implied the Judd deal would never be approved now. Also have tightened up a lot on the former RFC style deals.

Unfortunately for the Crows, as you said you had it in an email, and with a player stupid enough to threaten court action over it (at least the RFC players had retired - how could this knob seriously not think he would get in trouble exposing this?!?!?)

On a slightly separate point, the reason I reckon the Crows whack will be lesser than EQ and CW initially forecast is twofold. Firstly, I'm betting the investigation will show you only breached in making the commitment - i.e. no actual payment was made. Secondly, you have been 100% co-operative. AFL made a big issue of this in the Kangas whack, with it looking like their fine was basically for non-co-operation. Reckon the way you guys came out, fessed up, opened the books, and said you will cop your whack helped a lot.

Hope you guys get through this okay, and Tippett gets the reaming he deserves (have to admit I'm nervous about rumours we may be interested in his brother - how %$^&ing stupid would you be to deal with this family now?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately you guys have been caught out by one of the technicalities of the third party deal rules.

<SNIP>

Hope you guys get through this okay, and Tippett gets the reaming he deserves (have to admit I'm nervous about rumours we may be interested in his brother - how %$^&ing stupid would you be to deal with this family now?)

Did anything ever happen with Holland? didnt he kick up a fuss when he didnt get an overpaid job after retirement?

Did anything ever happen with Holland? didnt he kick up a fuss when he didnt get an overpaid job after retirement?

Nothing, guy was a complete dick.

Basically was asked what he wanted to do post footy, said a podiatrist. Pres ran retirement homes, offered him a gig, which he accepted. Guy then never rocked up to work because he didn't like the idea of rubbing old peoples feet, and was pissed he didn't get paid. Must have some Tippett blood in him to think any court would take that claim seriously (you would think he at least needed to rock up to the job)

Nothing, guy was a complete dick.

Basically was asked what he wanted to do post footy, said a podiatrist. Pres ran retirement homes, offered him a gig, which he accepted. Guy then never rocked up to work because he didn't like the idea of rubbing old peoples feet, and was pissed he didn't get paid. Must have some Tippett blood in him to think any court would take that claim seriously (you would think he at least needed to rock up to the job)
glad we didnt get him in the end then :)

glad we didnt get him in the end then :)

Still pisses me off - you offered us an awesome pick, and we countered with a massive contract, and then he became a complete and utter spud.

way too much of this is sounding familiar, they must be related :D

Rowey reckons we won't hear until end of the week possibly early next week. FFS this is crap.

Robbo on SEN was chasing the AFL for an update on a likely ETA, they confirmed that they will not confirm :rolleyes:

Rowey reckons we won't hear until end of the week possibly early next week. FFS this is crap.

I reckon they are giving the illusion of delays on the Adelaide sanctions so they have an excuse to punish Melbourne after the draft, not before.

Bit rough to lay it all on him, considering he was our lead goalscorer in 2010 and only one goal away from the same distinction in 2011.

They weren't great years but he wasn't the problem.
But we need a scapegoat, and well... since he isnt at the club anymore and all...

Crows and Tippett charged

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-and-tippett-charged-20121112-2986r.html

KURT Tippett and his former club Adelaide have been charged with a series of rule breaches by the AFL and will be summoned to appear before the Commission next week.
The 25-year-old forward faces suspension or deregistration after entering into a secret agreement with the Crows at the end of 2009 which involved allegations of draft tampering and non-disclosure of player payments.
Adelaide is expected to plead guilty to conduct prejudicial to the draft and having failed to disclose its role in third part agreements worth $200,000. The club is understood to be working on an impassioned bid to minimise its punishment which is expected to involve a six-figure fine and draft bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back