Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEN news just said Suns are front runners for Tippett? Unless I misheard for Swans?

Decision in the next 24 hours apparently...
That has to mean an increase in your offer .....which may squeeze out a player or two?

This is where i have always said Crows will get players, and good ones, as part of the Tippett trade to GC

The shear size of the contract along with Gazza and others will ensure it

There are functions held at Metricon quite often, actually. Not necessarily big bands, but plenty of little things that all contribute.

Foo Fighters obviously drew in a big crowd, and from what I understand there are plans to have another group like this at some point through the upcoming off-season. No idea who it is though. But yeah, definitely in the green.

Hmmmmm I'll believe it when I see it. From memory Foo Fighters made you like $800k in profit. There are no bands with that pulling power touring in Australia towards the end of the year that I know of.

In sad Foo Fighters news looks like we wont be seeing them for a while. Seems the band is going on a Hiatus :(

g1349409128640491299.jpg

I still think Gold Coast need Tippett the most.

1. They need to start getting people to games on a regular basis which means winning games. Another season like the last two and suddenly they are dealing with serious financial pressures.
2. He is a local kid with huge marketing pull good for game development, third party deals.
3. They have the most currency to trade with Gorringe, Day. These players would surely be open to returning home to play in a premiership tilt and at a new Adelaide oval. Furthermore, imagine if they kept Day and Gorringe whilst bringing Tippett in they have to deal with the go home factor of 2 kids out of contract that want opportunities after dominating the QAFL.

It has to be a Suns trade.
I disagree ....Brisbane with Browns future retirement on the horizon is most in need

Tippett will slow down player development and force 1-2 good players out

Other points:
1. As GC posters have said financially they're doing very well thankyou already
2. Doubt Tippett has the marketing pull you're suggesting coming from little ol Adelaide
3. I agree with player trade options - this suits me the best Day/Gorringe/Hickey ...

The GC presents the biggest problem re PSD issue, Brisbane less so, and Sydney the best for actually getting a deal done IMO

Think it makes a lot of sense ....some players thrive on footy, recognition, constant attention and discussion

Others want their privacy ....yep i can understand the rationale

But why didn't he speak to the club ....they could have cut back media appearances and spoken to the media about the concerns .....that i don't get ?

Its not media apperances, its more everyone stopping you in the street asking how your head is going when will you sign etc.
Doesnt happen in sydney or brisbane.

I post this only because I think you need all the facts, not because as you put it there has to be a shafter and a shaftee, your position is weak but I expect my club to act reasonably and not take this path, I would expect your club to do the same even if you prefer to shaft us if the positioned were reversed I think the majority of your Crows supporters would prefer to act honourably.

From the Courier Mail

KURT Tippett can walk to Gold Coast for free.

This is the frightening end to the Tippett saga the Adelaide Football Club is facing with the defection of the 25-year-old Queenslander.
The six-club chase for Tippett's signature last night narrowed to just two - Sydney, with a $1 million-a-year deal to Tippett, and the Suns.
Collingwood's bold bid to find two first-round draft picks - one with the trading of forward Chris Dawes to Melbourne - yesterday became too complicated for the Magpies, particularly when the Swans put its million-dollar deal to Tippett, 25.
Collingwood's white flag was followed by the Magpies bidding for West Coast free agent Quinten Lynch.
Tippett's exit from Adelaide plays to these themes:
TIPPETT must agree to join the club that satisfies Adelaide in a deal. Trade talks open in Melbourne on Monday.
IF Tippett does not sanction the trade, he can nominate for the pre-season draft on December 11. Greater Western Sydney has the first pick, but cannot claim Tippett because it already has poached an uncontracted Crow Phil Davis last year. Gold Coast has the second pick.
SYDNEY can reach terms with Tippett because the Swans are offering the biggest money for the 104-game forward-ruckman.
But Sydney has no draft picks nor players who meet Adelaide's needs in a trade.
This forces the Swans to find extra parties in this month's trade period to sweeten the deal.
GOLD COAST needs to lift its monetary offers to stop Tippett choosing the Swans.
Adelaide's asking price from the Suns could be any of SA trio Daniel Gorringe, Sam Day and Seb Tape - and draft picks.
But the Crows could finish empty handed if trade month closes on October 26 with Tippett not at a new club and nominating for the pre-season draft.
Adelaide list manager David Noble last night acknowledged the risk of being uncompensated by losing Tippett in the pre-season draft - as Port Adelaide famously did with Nick Stevens in 2004.
"That is why we will seek the best possible deal for Kurt," said Noble.
"We have to be comfortable with the trade. We will be listening to whatever offers are put to us. But we do understand Kurt can use the pre-season draft to get to Gold Coast anyway," Noble said.

Wrong on all counts.

Read the announcement from the AFL Yesterday.

GWS CAN PICK UP TIPPETT in the PSD.

Over to the Suns now to trade.

Its not media apperances, its more everyone stopping you in the street asking how your head is going when will you sign etc.
Yes often talk about the Adelaide "fishbowl" .....you know i can empathise with how a certain type of player would feel

similar to movie stars always chased by papparazi , autograph hunters ect ....no privacy

Sydney & Brisbane folk won't recognise him or ask him how his head is...they are nice people though and I'm sure at least a few of them will ask if he needs any help with that heavy wheelbarrow...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what i don't understand ......you don't actually need Tippett, and if anything he'll slow down some players development and WILL result in the club losing 1-2 players for improved opportunities

It's not as if your flag window is 2013 .......it's at least 3-4 years away, so Iam not clear on the strategy behing pitching for Tippett at all ....if unless as you say he's a cheap/easy get

Disagree with this. Guys like Day and Lynch obviously have talent, but they kicked 10 and 12 goals each respectively this season. Having Tippett in their forwardline will mean the main focus of the oppositions defence goes goes to him, allowing these guys to find more of the footy with less pressure from top defenders.

I can't wait til the deal happens and we can wipe him from our memory. So over the name Kurt Tippett.
Isn't it a real shame .....how many years did we draft/trade talls with constant failure .....to finally get Kurt and have him leave with a sour taste in the supporters and club mouths

At least Sarge was never going to leave us .....says something for mediocrity :p

I disagree ....Brisbane with Browns future retirement on the horizon is most in need
Goodes' departure from Sydney will have a similar impact - and is likely to happen the same timeframe, hence why these are now the two leading contenders in the race for Tippett's signature.

Disagree with this. Guys like Day and Lynch obviously have talent, but they kicked 10 and 12 goals each respectively this season. Having Tippett in their forwardline will mean the main focus of the oppositions defence goes goes to him, allowing these guys to find more of the footy with less pressure from top defenders.
Yes but they are still 20YO players with 2 years experience, bodies that have broken down under AFL pressure ......and in a side with poor delivery getting walloped every week

Those players ideally would have been fed into a successful team environment.

You watch they'll all get better in 2-3 years

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come with Adelaide... I mean, with this new Free Trade process, Dangerfield, Walker... Vic teams will be licking their lips in a few years....

Dangerfield, Tex etc are loyal people, they will all be one club players. Tippett....ahem his princessness...and Gunston don't have morals or loyalty they'll sell there asses to anyone in town.

Be careful about being cocky about free agency because you'll end up losing players too it's only a matter of time

Yes but they are still 20YO players with 2 years experience, bodies that have broken down under AFL pressure ......and in a side with poor delivery getting walloped every week

Those players ideally would have been fed into a successful team environment.

You watch they'll all get better in 2-3 years

Don't disagree with that at all, I just think having Tippett there will make it happen quicker. Confidence can do wonders for a players development.

Goodes' departure from Sydney will have a similar impact - and is likely to happen the same timeframe, hence why these are now the two leading contenders in the race for Tippett's signature.
Has Brisbane gone past GC in package?

Just a bit more info:
Kurts manager has told AFC that they were happy with the financial package offered.
The reason why Kurt wants to go to Sydney or Queensland is that he was sick of all the media attention and wants to play somewhere where he gets little media/public attention. The final straw was the way he was treated by the media/public over his concussion issues.
He also believes NSW/Queensland lifestyle is more to his liking.

*Wonder how kurt will fit into the Sydney culture of team over individuals.
Should be interesting.

Ah, so Kurt wants all the perks of being an elite professional sportsperson paid at the very top end of the scale within his sport of choice, without any of the associated pressures.

Makes sense.

Don't disagree with that at all, I just think having Tippett there will make it happen quicker. Confidence can do woners for a players development.
But how can you fit them all in the side now Tippett is there ......players are going to miss out

Can see Day at CHF and Tippett at FF ......but in many respects they're similar players

Are you going to add Hickey, Gorringe, Lynch intro that forward line ....again all similar type players that don't really add anything if you have 3 in the forward line (Day, Tippett and say Lynch)

Still means Gorringe and Hickey not getting gametime ......how does that help development UNLESS you're developing them for trade currency

Your guess is as good as mine. None of them have really made public what they've offered him, or what they're prepared to offer the Crows in return.
Still reckon in the straight Brisbane will be more desperate than GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back