Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I can agree with your other points, the Suns are actually quite successful financially. Little known fact I guess.

The stadium has been set up by the AFL in such a way that the Suns get plenty of the dosh for external functions held there. The concerts/functions we hold at Metricon over the off-season give us significant boosts to the finances.

For example, just one of the events over the last off-season (Foo Fighters), more than tripled the amount of coin we gained through inaugural memberships. Put us way way into the green.

I think it's win win... as despite being semi-financial (at best)... you are still under resourced from a football department perspective compared to at least 60+ percent of the comp and this can only be helped be better attendances to buy more resources. It is not practical for GCS to be do the right thing by their list by installing a marquee player ahead of developing talent.

I think a swap of Day for Tippett or Gorringe plus Player is the way forward. It is too big an opportunity lost for Gold Coast to miss on this one.

the real danger is, and no one else seems to have picked this up, is that sheedy...the king of the deal could get him for free and then they could on trade him to whoever and reap the benefits leaving us with zip and sheedy some extra draft picks.....

Well if they got him in the PSD then he'd be playing for GWS, PSD is after trade week...

The REAL real danger is that GWS have put a massive contract to Tippett, he actually wants to go there, and all of this hesitation bullshit is a part of a long term stonewalling strategy to ensure that Adelaide can't make a trade deal, thus leaving Tippett to walk unhindered to the Giants via the PSD.

I took a much needed two hour break from this thread and I've clearly missed nothing. :)
Did you expect anything different? The entire thread has been long on speculation and short on facts.

The known facts boil down to..
1. Tippett put off contract negotiations for an inordinately long period of time.
2. Tippett announced on Tuesday that he would not be re-signing with the Crows.

Everything else is pretty much speculation, leading to discussions going round and round in circles until the next "fact" becomes known - Tippett's preferred destination.

the real danger is, and no one else seems to have picked this up, is that sheedy...the king of the deal could get him for free and then they could on trade him to whoever and reap the benefits leaving us with zip and sheedy some extra draft picks.....

Doesn't it still require our approval? This is the bit that has me confused.

Doesn't it still require our approval? This is the bit that has me confused.

From all info that's been released recently, no, it doesn't require our approval. In this regard its seemingly no different to if Melbourne or the Bulldogs or anyone was on the bottom of the ladder.

Ive heard Kurt is very indecisive. He went to the toilet the other day and didnt know if he should do a number 1 or 2

Ive heard Kurt is very indecisive. He went to the toilet the other day and didnt know if he should do a number 1 or 2
I'd be more worried about him missing the bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now this kid [Maverick Weller] would definately be on the radar with his manager stating he may be on the move from the GCS, he's a Taswiegan too, so no "go home" problems there any time soon. I've watched this kid a bit and he goes alright, big body already.....and that name Maverick, I just want him!! Certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea of including him in the Tippett deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149213/default.aspx

GOLD Coast youngster Maverick Weller could be on the move, with up to five clubs showing interest in him.

Weller, who was one of 12 players signed to Gold Coast as a 17-year-old access selection in 2009, has struggled for a regular game at the Suns.

Weller's future is one of the deals that could take shape after bigger name players such as Kurt Tippett have found new homes.

The former Tasmanian was appointed to the Suns' leadership group in its inaugural season of 2011 but has played just 28 games in its first two years.

His manager, Tim Hazell from Velocity Sports, said up to five clubs had shown interest in the solidly built midfielder.

"Hawthorn have expressed interest in him but with the Grand Final last week we haven't really been able to sit down and firm up how strong that interest is yet," Hazell said.

"He's just seeing what opportunities are out there for him. He hasn't ruled out going back to the Suns but he just wanted to dip his toe in the water."

I think it's win win... as despite being semi-financial (at best)... you are still under resourced from a football department perspective compared to at least 60+ percent of the comp and this can only be helped be better attendances to buy more resources. It is not practical for GCS to be do the right thing by their list by installing a marquee player ahead of developing talent.

I think a swap of Day for Tippett or Gorringe plus Player is the way forward. It is too big an opportunity lost for Gold Coast to miss on this one.

We have resolved the football dept under resourcing issue, new coach (Primus) and extra conditioning pesonell (from the Crows) although we will be on the look out again should Hinkley goes to Port.

Gorringe and Flanigan or Jolly has been put forward before as a possible trade, I don't think Day will be offered up but you never know, thats what makes this so much fun.

Now this kid [Maverick Weller] would definately be on the radar with his manager stating he may be on the move from the GCS, he's a Taswiegan too, so no "go home" problems there any time soon. I've watched this kid a bit and he goes alright, big body already.....and that name Maverick, I just want him!! Certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea of including him in the Tippett deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149213/default.aspx
So we swap a Maverick for a Goose!

We have resolved the football dept under resourcing issue, new coach (Primus) and extra conditioning pesonell (from the Crows) although we will be on the look out again should Hinkley goes to Port.

Gorringe and Flanigan or Jolly has been put forward before as a possible trade, I don't think Day will be offered up but you never know, thats what makes this so much fun.
Looks like Weller wants out, your opinion on him??

Announcement to be made on fix footy at 8:30 tonight? That's the rumour...

I thought he hated the spotlight?!?!?

Looks like Weller wants out, your opinion on him??

Mav can find the footy no problem, just has some trouble hitting his targets. Aggressive player, who's been forced to play more in the back 50 for us due to the talent running around in our midfield. Not entirely sure he likes it. :p

Faith, if that's true that we haven't offered a contract does it mean we aren't interested at all? Or are Tippett's management waiting on clarification on our offer?

It could be as Thommo said had to sort out a few things first before making an official one OR perhaps we were never really that interested in first place.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back