Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for that, after re-reading your post I realised that you meant that Tippett should have done better in spite of the concussions, considering his age. Still I think you are underestimating the short term implications regarding concussions, it's one thing to receive the 'all clear' from a club it's another to perform at your very best.

No probs mate, the whole concussion thing is such a grey area, and the only real person who would know if it was effecting his output would be Tippett himself. Maybe thats why he is jumping at the Swans contract offer. Thats my main concern but no doubt the boy can play when up and about

He also played 1 more game than Tippett, not to mention the 3 games in which Tippett was subbed out due to concussion.. or the multiple games in which Tippett's output was severely impacted by the after-effects of the repeated concussions (primarily a complete loss of confidence). In short, Reid's output was barely half that of Tippett - and that's before we start considering Tippett's ruck contributions.
I recon you have been fairly objective in most of your posts, but I think you are way off the mark on this one. Within two years Reid will have gone past Tippett. But then they are completely different players. Reid is a lead up CHF with a lot of pace who has had to play out of the square all year because of injury team structure. Tippett is the big biddies forward who can go into the ruck. A bit hard to compare.

Having said that it has no bearing on tippets value in a trade

:rolleyes:
And you think Kurt's confidence wouldn't have been effected after 3 consecutive bouts of concussions???

Big difference between being given the "all clear" and playing with full confidence after his concussions.

If you watched Kurt closely in the first couple of matches after returning from the concussion issues he was clearly tentative with his attack on the pill etc, not so against the Hawks in the prelim where he was back to his usual "beastly" best!!

Shoenmakers would get anyone back in form.............In all seriousness he did play a cracker

I recon you have been fairly objective in most of your posts, but I think you are way off the mark on this one. Within two years Reid will have gone past Tippett. But then they are completely different players. Reid is a lead up CHF with a lot of pace who has had to play out of the square all year because of injury team structure. Tippett is the big biddies forward who can go into the ruck. A bit hard to compare.

Having said that it has no bearing on tippets value in a trade

And you know this how? Country leagues around Australia have guys who could have been anything - granted Reid is looking ok but he may have peaked already- no one knows, that's the beauty of our game some guys get written off and star {Porps} others are going to be champs {Sellar} but never quite do it. That is why dicks like Tippett are sought after people already know what he can do and hence want him - perhaps your club's staff have already worked this out?

Cornsey said he heard that Tippett sent a text to Riley to leave his place as they used to share. He couldn't confirm it but you would hope that wasn't true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow!

Surely he would not stoop THAT low!
Cornsey didn't really want to go into it, he had heard it and obviously told Rowey before hand. Rowey brought it up, Cornsey said he hadn't had it confirmed and they jokingly asked for Riley to confirm it. Rowey went on to say the more he is hearing the more he thinks it's a good thing Kurt's gone.

All hail HODRA! na seriously Melbourne will give pick 20 for Dawes. No chance for 4.

Guys we will still be ok. I heard today that Collingwood are really ping up negotiations with Sydney to try and persuade them to hand over Reid. Reid evidently is keen to move back to Victoria to play with his brother. So nothing has changed since my original psst. Will keep you updated as I hear more

Guys we will still be ok. I heard today that Collingwood are really ping up negotiations with Sydney to try and persuade them to hand over Reid. Reid evidently is keen to move back to Victoria to play with his brother. So nothing has changed since my original psst. Will keep you updated as I hear more

How do Collingwood plan on keeping Reid under the salary cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back