NFL TO Says Let Vick Play

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Lawrence Phillips: Ran over a group of kids with his truck after they beat him in a pickup football game.

2. Bill Belicheat : Spygate, his refusal to let Mangini join the jets, and the ugly grey hooded sweatshirt

3.TO : Single-handedly destroyed every locker room hes been involved with

And i give a rat's ass about TO's opinion because....???????

Let's see him actually do something positive wih a team, THEN i might even bother reading it.....

Of course Dungy will say let him play. Dungy is the "black" face of the NFL at the moment and wants to see him recovered so he can use him as a little pet project.
Quite frankly i'm sick to death of hearing Dungy and Vick on SC at the moment.

I agree, the whole Dungy/Vick thing is the biggest wank going around.

In answer to the OP: Ray Lewis - murdered 1-2 people at a Superbowl party. Probably slightly worse than electrocuting, hanging, and slamming dog's heads into the ground....

Was Ray ever convicted though redragger?

No one excuses dog killing/torture. I put it up there equally with homicide and human torture. Just that in the past there have been guys who've been convicted of dog killing, or even known to, and either nothing happened to them or they got fined and swept under the carpet.

Stallworth killing recently. Ray Lewis. Other terrible acts like players involved in shooting others. Or Drug trafficking. Or rape, spousal abuse. Not to grade them on a moral compass, but i guess it's the nature/extent/callousness of Vick's crimes that makes it so intolerable.

Everyone deserves a second chance, but he'd have to really show true remorse and be a genuine advocate for and contributor towards animal cruelty foundations, the education and BELIEF in himself that it's wrong and to stop others from thinking it were ok.

The iffy thing is that Vick and his brother were always trouble growing up, ran in the wrong circles, etc. Not sure if Michael truly has had a change of heart, a catharsis on it.

But one is willing to give him just one more chance to prove/disprove that.

No one excuses dog killing/torture. I put it up there equally with homicide and human torture. Just that in the past there have been guys who've been convicted of dog killing, or even known to, and either nothing happened to them or they got fined and swept under the carpet.

Stallworth killing recently. Ray Lewis. Other terrible acts like players involved in shooting others. Or Drug trafficking. Or rape, spousal abuse. Not to grade them on a moral compass, but i guess it's the nature/extent/callousness of Vick's crimes that makes it so intolerable.

Everyone deserves a second chance, but he'd have to really show true remorse and be a genuine advocate for and contributor towards animal cruelty foundations, the education and BELIEF in himself that it's wrong and to stop others from thinking it were ok.

The iffy thing is that Vick and his brother were always trouble growing up, ran in the wrong circles, etc. Not sure if Michael truly has had a change of heart, a catharsis on it.

But one is willing to give him just one more chance to prove/disprove that.

I think it's a case of tough sh*t for Vick. Forfeits his right to be accepted as a privileged NFL player again. He can play in other leagues that will pay well more than the average 'supermarket shelf stacking cereal boxes gig' Kurt Warner did between NFL teams regardless being a NFL MVP player.

Don't think it's fair to compare Ray Lewis to MV. Ray only pleaded guilty to to one count; a misdemeanor of obstruction of justice, this in relation to the January 31 stabbing death of Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker that happened in Atlanta 2000. No murder charges needed to be contested against Ray Lewis.

I think it's a case of tough sh*t for Vick. Forfeits his right to be accepted as a privileged NFL player again. He can play in other leagues that will pay well more than the average 'supermarket shelf stacking cereal boxes gig' Kurt Warner did between NFL teams regardless being a NFL MVP player.

To be honest, I'm not overly concerned whether he gets suspended or fined or castrated or whatever by the NFL. Bottom line is his agent is going to sit next to the phone and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait, because no NFL team is going to come calling for the chump.

To be honest, I'm not overly concerned whether he gets suspended or fined or castrated or whatever by the NFL. Bottom line is his agent is going to sit next to the phone and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait, because no NFL team is going to come calling for the chump.
Hmmmn I tend to agree with you there. Raiders though? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis aside, who is actually going to be playing this season that has done worse than what Vick did?

Stallworth won't be playing will he? Pacman doesn't have a team last time I checked. As has been pointed out most teams don't take guys who have had major run ins with the law. I think many teams would have snapped up Marvin Harrison for a year or two had their not been a cloud over his involvement in that shooting in Philly.

The reason Stallworth's crime is not "terrible" is because it was drunk driving, an accident. But Vick's was sober premeditated torture and killing of dogs---which are not less valuable than humans (imo), but it's heinous even if they were less than humans. Was only for personal amusement too (not financial with a multi-million dollar NFL contract).

Still, by law, to a normal citizen, Stallworth would've gone for a while too. Yet, will just end up doing a month of time or something and be back playing this year.

Anyway, i dont care about Vick either, if he didnt get a second chance, career ended by his ****-up as a lesson learned to all sportstars....dont need Vick to return and try to be a spokesperson as his jailing was THE lesson in itself. Deep down, one has to think he just wants to get back to the NFL limelight and dollars, rather being a normal working guy. Should be grateful if even the UFL offered him a contract.

Players dealing with charges....not playing this eyar, but who knows down the line....heard that Plexiglass is trying to deal with the officials in NYC about jail time.

And so it goes.....

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL TO Says Let Vick Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back