To the Port fans who joined in the Mexican wave tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

ffs. it was a port home game and we had it packed, and provided a great atmosphere. im pretty dirty on ports performance but why be shitty about people having fun. having people have a good time at a port game is a good thing right???

we need to work on our performance but why at the expense of everything else. i took my gf who will never ever watch footy on tv but so far always has a good time when ive taken her to the football. this means i can take her to more football games.

LOL so true. The bandwagoning Crow supporters behind me tonight were unbearable. No idea as to the rules of the game, constantly checking the budget to see who their own players were, constantly calling the wrong players names, incredulous when people dared barrack for another team and to make matters worse despite clearly not being real fans completely cocky about their teams performance.

I remember thinking the on saving grace is that I don't have to sit with these muppets every second week. i would top myself.
I shit you not, one girl behind me in a crows scarf and beanie had to ask why he was called Danger...

Mexican wave is so Eighties. Even Mexico is over it. That's Adelaide for ya. Is this normal at Crows games? Hell it wouldn't happen at most of our games cause it would stop at the bay covers. Maybe that's a good thing.

Mexican wave is so Eighties. Even Mexico is over it. That's Adelaide for ya. Is this normal at Crows games? Hell it wouldn't happen at most of our games cause it would stop at the bay covers. Maybe that's a good thing.

sorry for the intrusion.

The only time I have seen and participated in a Mexican wave at a crows home game was the 2010 Geelong game at 3 quarter time. That game happened to be McLeod and Goodwin's last game for us and was a game we won in a year we were doing poorly.

I'm as diehard as they come but by that last quarter we were all just talking between ourselves whilst there was a match on in the background, I was bored shitless but I also make sure I stay til the end, take in all the pain so the moments like against North Melbourne are even better. Wave over reaction, we've got more things to worry about then bored fans and us as fans don't deserve other fans hanging shit on people who did join in the wave, after what we've been through and are going through who gives a ****.

I'm as diehard as they come but by that last quarter we were all just talking between ourselves whilst there was a match on in the background, I was bored shitless but I also make sure I stay til the end, take in all the pain so the moments like against North Melbourne are even better. Wave over reaction, we've got more things to worry about then bored fans and us as fans don't deserve other fans hanging shit on people who did join in the wave, after what we've been through and are going through who gives a ****.

Yeah, I don't like to participate in the waves, they're a bit corny, but why anyone would want to have a go at whoever bothers to show up at our games for whatever reason, I mean, really? Bigger fish, people. I remember that eight-goal pumping to Richmond in the rain at home a couple of years ago, I spent most of the last quarter standing in the aisle talking to my mates with my back to the game. Nobody told me to sit because there were only about three people in the immediate vicinity. I'm just thankful there were enough people there on Saturday night in order for a wave to actually succeed.

I was at the game this week, and didn't participate in the wave (nor am I particularly a fan of the wave). But for those who did, who cares? Let them follow the team however they want to. Most of them will never be as dedicated as yourselves, and why should they be? Would you rather they support another team because they don't follow Port the same way as you do? The wave wasn't a celebration of losing, it was people watching our team get smashed, in the freezing cold getting involved. If anyone is 'embarrasing' it is the so-called superior 'true' fans with their upturned nose, who sit around complaining about how other people support their team. Just be grateful they were there at all.

Oh please, I do not see myself as a superior fan. I do not care if they are casual supporters or not, but helping the supporters of your biggest rivals celebrate while you are losing by ten goals isn't supporting in another way.

So they were bored, should it be okay if they joined in the Adelaide chant as well, you know, for something to do?

Still think it was embarrassing.

Oh please, I do not see myself as a superior fan. I do not care if they are casual supporters or not, but helping the supporters of your biggest rivals celebrate while you are losing by ten goals isn't supporting in another way.

So they were bored, should it be okay if they joined in the Adelaide chant as well, you know, for something to do?

Still think it was embarrassing.

If the boys on the field actually put in a deserving effort, I doubt there would have been a Mexican wave to join.

The last thing I would ever do it insult a section of our fanbase who actually bothered to show up, considering our year so far. I don't care what they did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, any Port supporter who thinks that it's acceptable or 'entertaining' to join in with the wave, when 'your' team is being smashed by the team that stole our entry to the AFL can "**** off and when you get there **** off some more too, keep ******* off till you get back here then when you do, **** off again".

How original of you.
I-say-****-off.jpg

Do you actually have something wrong with your brain? Of course I didn't come up with it, I never even pretended to come up with it.

Edit:
Also, I thought the quotation marks around the quotation would show that what I had written was in fact a quotation.

Well i had two options
A Watch my team play disgusting football
B Jump up and down like a stupid person

B was a lot more fun

I didn't join in the mexican wave,

But I am guilty of jumping up and down like a a ruthless idiot, abusing Crow supporters to a point as to where I am pretty embarrassed with my behaviour, chanted at Trigg and Weslo, and being a pretty big dickhead while ensuring that half of the people I go to the football with now are questioning our friendship.

Showdowns really bring the worst out of me.

I didn't join in the mexican wave,

But I am guilty of jumping up and down like a a ruthless idiot, abusing Crow supporters to a point as to where I am pretty embarrassed with my behaviour, chanted at Trigg and Weslo, and being a pretty big dickhead while ensuring that half of the people I go to the football with now are questioning our friendship.

Showdowns really bring the worst out of me.

You too?

I was bad, and I feel bad. After the self beating I've copped this week you could call me a Turtle, because my head is well and truly pulled in.

Remove this Banner Ad

To the Port fans who joined in the Mexican wave tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back