To the St Kilda fans who cheered when Rocca came off injured...*MB Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: To the St Kilda fans who cheered when Rocca came off injured...

Don't rate the Saints.
Struggled to shrug off a depleted magpies outfit.
Wil get down prelim day as they have done so for most of this decade.

It hurts doesn't it?

That moment you realise the year is just false hope?

I understand. It f***ing burns.

:p

Pity he couldn't in 97'.

Being an Adelaide supporter I've watched that game many time and Robert Harvey certainly held his own on football's biggest stage. He had 36 touches FFS, and not 36 touches like Swan gets these days in high possession football.

No not hurting, disappointed for sure. Always am when we lose to a side we should have beaten.

Yep.

Hurting.

BAD! :D

Being an Adelaide supporter I've watched that game many time and Robert Harvey certainly held his own on football's biggest stage. He had 36 touches FFS, and not 36 touches like Swan gets these days in high possession football.

Geez, if Harvs had played for collingwood eddie would have a couple more kids!

No not hurting, disappointed for sure. Always am when we lose to a side we should have beaten.

In the end Riewoldt beat us, next time we know if we can beat Roo we win, no one else from the Saints can destroy us. Sure there are some very fine players, but he is the only one who can take the game away from us.

We look towards next week now, no point wondering about what could have been.

as superb as reiwoldt was... the match was won in the middle and around the wings.. we won the contested ball time and time again... allowing hayes and the big guns to push forward n supply reiwoldt wit the best opportunity.

let's be rational.

I cheered when Rooey hurt his knee... didn't seem to bother him to much. Him n Lenny were the difference today.

To the op, I think you would find a lot of feral supporters with every team.

I didn't here it I was on the other side of the ground. However bad sportsmanship. I think you would find that Collingwood would do it if it was Rooey. Like Big Bryza said he cheered Rooey when he injured himself.

Originally Posted by Magpie
Don't rate the Saints.

What does yor doctor say? Will you be Ok? Our prayers are with you.

Christ we could make a long list of Collingwood 'duds' if that's your criteria.
& the list would be longer at St. Kilda.
14 > 1.

Well played though today:thumbsu: Let's hope you don't have to tell the Grand kids you waited until your 50's to see St. Kilda win a flag. Better team won on the day.

Amazing that Pies supporters can dish lessons on football etiquette as they are possibly the most disgusting supporters I have seen at a game. I won't attend any games with my kids that Collywobbles play at. I go alone.

Players getting booed off by opposition fans has been happening for yrs. It's part of the rivalry.

Rocca was and has been hopeless for a long time. Pies look much better without him.

The Pies midfield looks shot recently....Hi Brad Scott, glad to see you at the Roos mate.

Let the Filth have their fantasy that the big mean St Kilda supporters laughed at poor big Anthony when he came off...

And their own Filth supporters applauded politely when Riewoldt was hurt...

And that they were the better 'team' only beaten by the effort of one man...

And that the fact that Lenny, Chips, Dal, BJ, Joey & about 10 others tore them apart in the middle...

And the fact that they were lucky not to get done by 10 goals...

Suck it up you filth... you deserve what you got today as much as the cheats did last night

How would you react if we did the same if Riewoldt came off at the end of the game holding his knee?

P.S. I can't wait till Geelong beat you in the Grand Final. Prior to today, I was hoping you guys won it if we didn't. After that shameful effort where two whole bays of St Kilda fans stood up cheering, I hope you guys cop what you deserve in the Grand Final.

I think you'll find it was the pies fans cheering considering this selection was a monumental failure and stuff up from malthouse and his match committee. Why the hell would you change a winning formula? Dick goes back to the reserves and bags 5 and wood is in the best. Bewildering.

as superb as reiwoldt was... the match was won in the middle and around the wings.. we won the contested ball time and time again... allowing hayes and the big guns to push forward n supply reiwoldt wit the best opportunity.

let's be rational.

Oh i realise that, your midfield was well on top, as soon as Pendlebury went off in the opening minutes it was always going to happen. But take out Riewoldt and put in someone else and you lose the game. He was dominant, without him i reckon we win easily, even with your midfield on top.

Thats how good he was, he won the game for you, no doubt in my mind about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing that Pies supporters can dish lessons on football etiquette as they are possibly the most disgusting supporters I have seen at a game.

That's not fair. All supporters are disgusting.

You know. we all love our teams.

Theres only one thing between the Pies and another premiership...........finals! They choke everytime and it's pretty to watch.

Oh i realise that, your midfield was well on top, as soon as Pendlebury went off in the opening minutes it was always going to happen. But take out Riewoldt and put in someone else and you lose the game. He was dominant, without him i reckon we win easily, even with your midfield on top.
Are you joking? The Saints dominated the midfield yet you think Collingwood would have won easily if Riewoldt wasn't there.

& the list would be longer at St. Kilda.
14 > 1.

Well played though today:thumbsu: Let's hope you don't have to tell the Grand kids you waited until your 50's to see St. Kilda win a flag. Better team won on the day.

Keep celebrating all those flags from the 1920's champ.

That's not fair. All supporters are disgusting.

You know. we all love our teams.

I wasn't referring to all Pies supporters and yes most teams have a few bad eggs but the Pies seem to have a lot more regardless of there bigger fan base there is an over representation of filthy pies supporters! It is the hypocrisy that amazes me more than anything.

If you were at the game, you would have known it was not the type of cheer you were talking of. It was the type of cheer saying we are glad you are injured.

I know and appreciate the difference between this situation and the one you are talking about. But the one you are talking about definitely did not occur.

So why no guts to admit to being a pies fan? The cheers I heard when Roo hurt his knee weren't from Saints fans!

Am looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks. Saints won't play any better than that, where as I believe we can go up a notch or too.

When Rocca was limping off and the Saints fans were cheering I looked to the bench and thought it was harsh until I saw Riewoldt going off at exactly the same time.

No harshness or bitterness at all from them. They were just cheering off the bloke who was quite easily the difference between the two clubs today!

:thumbsu: That's exactly the way it was portrayed on radio.

ROFL I used to stand in the outer at Moorabbin, Winmar was a god to the saints fans in the late 80s.

as for the pies fans, i remember the abuse davis used to cop from the Collingwood fans when he first started, let alone what indigenous players from oppositions clubs used to get.

as for cheering of injured players, ROFL, Collingwood aren't called the filth for nothing.

I wasn't referring to all Pies supporters and yes most teams have a few bad eggs but the Pies seem to have a lot more regardless of there bigger fan base

Well it is impossible to provide an educational standard. Unfortunate fact is, most Pie supporters are from the lower socio economic bracket. Footy means a lot more to them than the average punter. That will likely never change.

In the end Riewoldt beat us, next time we know if we can beat Roo we win, no one else from the Saints can destroy us. Sure there are some very fine players, but he is the only one who can take the game away from us.

We look towards next week now, no point wondering about what could have been.

haha collingwood fool, i rekon dal santo, montagna hayes and fishers combined total of about 140 toughes might have something to say about roo being the only one to destroy u. Was there mate and i can tell you the scoreline flattered the pies, the saints cruised to that 5 goal win, pie supporters felt the same way where i was sitting.

Remove this Banner Ad

To the St Kilda fans who cheered when Rocca came off injured...*MB Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back