To the St Kilda fans who cheered when Rocca came off injured...*MB Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: To the St Kilda fans who cheered when Rocca came off injured...

So you condone cheering as one an injury? Shows what sort of person you are I guess. Each to their own.

Did you even read the post in question? Generally people are happy when those they dislike are hurt or ineffectual as opposed to those they respect, it's human nature. For you to sit there in your fancy pants and high chair screaming from the rooftops about the poor display towards Rocca you fail to realise this and many other reasons why fans may be cheering.

But of course, hate only one side because of one incident in one match and care not for every other instance by every other fan base.

Pathetic.

nicky-winmar1.jpg

My uncle who is a mad Saints supporter always wondered why he picked that game to make a stand, considering the taunts he got each time he played at Moorabbin were just as bad.

Once again, I have cheered off injured or hurt players.

Home and away fans do it, not because of they are happy to see the player injured but instead to cheer for the player (or at least all the times I have been to games).
If you were at the game, you would have known it was not the type of cheer you were talking of. It was the type of cheer saying we are glad you are injured.

I know and appreciate the difference between this situation and the one you are talking about. But the one you are talking about definitely did not occur.

Has anyone stopped to think that the Collingwood supporters were the ones cheering, knowing he might not play next week...

:p

I was in M50 & gave Rocca the bronx cheers coming off... I didn't realise he was injured & would never do that to an opposition player no matter who it was. I would say that most of the people around me were doing the same.

Unlike the Filth on the outer right hand flank who almost creamed themselves when Roo was hurt.

LOL at Filth bringing up something from 30 years ago when one of their heroes was in court last week over kicking the sh!t out of a defenceless man.

CULTURE baby... Ours is good, yours is criminal.

Could you imagine Robert Harvey on the same Premiership field as Peter Daicos. I don't think you couldn't:thumbsu:

Good comeback. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Rob would more than hold his own.

I just want echo the fact that I'm pretty sure I heard the pies fans cheering when riewoldt was hobbling around in that first qtr, sour grapes imo

Riewoldt is a champion.
Rocca would not have been given half the kudos he has if he'd played for 15 other clubs.
Rocca will never play again. And good riddance. Then we can stop overrating this ordinary footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to those who attempt to argue they were cheering Riewoldt. They cheered Rocca, then sat back down, then cheered Riewoldt. So don't try and tell me you were cheering Riewoldt.

And don't say you didn't know he was injured, he was in trainer's hands for a minute, then was being assisted off the ground with a massive limp.

Interesting here that no one agrees that it is wrong to cheer when players get injured.
Very interesting.
Merv you seem to have a very good memory about the crowd and their actions and reactions when rocca/rooey were coming off the ground. May I ask what your fellow "Unlisted" supporters were cheering when Roo was clutching at his right knee early in the first quarter? Those in glass houses, should not throw stones.

My uncle who is a mad Saints supporter always wondered why he picked that game to make a stand, considering the taunts he got each time he played at Moorabbin were just as bad.

Your uncle might he mad but . . . actually let's just leave it at that.

Hurting tonight are we Ron? :)

When Rocca was limping off and the Saints fans were cheering I looked to the bench and thought it was harsh until I saw Riewoldt going off at exactly the same time.

No harshness or bitterness at all from them. They were just cheering off the bloke who was quite easily the difference between the two clubs today!

Merv you seem to have a very good memory about the crowd and their actions and reactions when rocca/rooey were coming off the ground. May I ask what your fellow "Unlisted" supporters were cheering when Roo was clutching at his right knee early in the first quarter? Those in glass houses, should not throw stones.
I didn't believe Collingwood supporters were cheering when Riewoldt hurt his knee, and if they were, they weren't all standing as one doing it.

Don't rate the Saints.
Struggled to shrug off a depleted magpies outfit.
Wil get down prelim day as they have done so for most of this decade.

I didn't believe Collingwood supporters were cheering when Riewoldt hurt his knee, and if they were, they weren't all standing as one doing it.
you should have opened your one eye and maybe even had a listen. good game though. anything else you would like to be totally hipocritical about merv?

Pity he couldn't in 97'.

Christ we could make a long list of Collingwood 'duds' if that's your criteria.

Face it mate, defending Daisy's toughness by calling Rob Harvey a dud is simply keeping your losing run going for the day.

Are you sure it wasn't your imaginary friend?

is this fact? can we have some neautral supporters who went to the match today confirm this.

if it is i am extremely dissapointed in our fans. yes, the pies supporters booing when reiwoldt got up gingerly was a disgrace...absolute disgrace... but that doesnt warrant us the right to resort to such behaviour.

i can honestly say i did not see or hear this.

Your uncle might he mad but . . . actually let's just leave it at that.

Hurting tonight are we Ron? :)

No not hurting, disappointed for sure. Always am when we lose to a side we should have beaten.

In the end Riewoldt beat us, next time we know if we can beat Roo we win, no one else from the Saints can destroy us. Sure there are some very fine players, but he is the only one who can take the game away from us.

We look towards next week now, no point wondering about what could have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

To the St Kilda fans who cheered when Rocca came off injured...*MB Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back