To think the Saints were almost robbed

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Geelong got an armchair ride all day with the umps, but then got a really bad one when it counted with that dodgy advantage call. Nil all draw.

Ablett played on - it should not have been 50. The problem seems that players have to wait until the umpire calls it, in which case Ablett is already off and gone.

how long you been watching football?

the umps have payed that every day of the season.

That 'advantage' call with about 2 minutes left probably cost them the match.

I wouldn't be too upset if I was a Geelong supporter. It would have been a comfortable win if you had Stevie J.

To say one player would change a game is ridiculous. Who's to say Stevie wouldn't have gotten a towelling? Also if he was in there I doubt Milburn would have gone forward and kicked 2 goals. Bad call.

I thought Geelong got an armchair ride all day with the umps, but then got a really bad one when it counted with that dodgy advantage call. Nil all draw.

The 50 call on Schneider against Bartel was absolutely ridiculous as well as that play-on advantage call, it wasn't a high standard game of umpiring but I've seen worse.

Anyways who cares it was such a extraordinary game umpires for the most part were forgotten.

Ablett played on - it should not have been 50. The problem seems that players have to wait until the umpire calls it, in which case Ablett is already off and gone.
He was looking to play on, but he hadn't left his mark even if you ignore that the umpire didn't call it. 50 everytime. The other goal where Dawson supposedly made high contact was rubbish though.

Still thought the Cats got a string of raw decisions in the their forward 50 in the last 5 minutes though.

Umps seriously seemed like they were conspiring to even out the game at times so the Saints wouldn't run away with it. Normally we complain about umpires after a team has lost, but dead set today Saints had two opponents to deal with; and they did. Well done.

FFS How original. How about that goal they got that bounced off the goalpost? Or that lovely 'advantage' call that Corey got towards the end. Get a clue.

regards,

REB

Umps seriously seemed like they were conspiring to even out the game at times so the Saints wouldn't run away with it. Normally we complain about umpires after a team has lost, but dead set today Saints had two opponents to deal with; and they did. Well done.

Went both ways today I thought, so even if the umps were bad (which they were), did not really favour anyone in particular

I thought Saints were lucky. Ump called play on when there was no advantage when Joel Corey copped a head high tackle in the last minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shocking umpiring in the last quarter - how can u call advantage when there is no advantage and then not call it back, WTF is up with that?! seriously poor umpiring.

I thought the umpiring was poor all day. Ultimately, in the dying stages Gardner took a great grab and Blake just prayed that he would drop it. Harsh to put it on one player but when it counted Blake just didn't go!

These people that are having a go at the advantage call are idiots.

Geelong CHOSE to try and play the advantage, bad luck for them. If they wanted the free kick, they should've stopped.

It was Geelong's fault, not the umpires.

He was looking to play on, but he hadn't left his mark even if you ignore that the umpire didn't call it. 50 everytime. The other goal where Dawson supposedly made high contact was rubbish though.

Still thought the Cats got a string of raw decisions in the their forward 50 in the last 5 minutes though.

I 100% disagree. First Ablett turned inside looking to dish off or something, and then he turned towards the boundary and clearly took half a step or more pushing off Jones. One thing he definately didn't do was go back on his mark.

What is the man on the mark supposed to do - just let the player push him aside and run away until the umpire says they can do something. He barely touched Ablett and certainly didn't stop Ablett going back on the mark like he should have been doing.

Technically it might be correct but it is a bullshit rule.

The point of standing on the mark is to stop your oponent from playing on - but apparently your not allowed to do that :confused:

The point of standing on the mark is to stop your oponent from playing on - but apparently your not allowed to do that :confused:

The point of standing the mark is to stand there and stop them from playing on by your presence outside of the mark you do not have the ability to touch them until the umpire calls play on.

If you choose to do so you risk a 50 paid against you.

Eh?

So, the umpire would've paid advantage if the Geelong players stopped?

And I'm in Brisbane you ********, but I wouldn't expect a Collingwood supporter to be able to read.

Obviously if there isn't an advantage there shouldn't be an advantage call - it's not a 'play on' call.

You can stand on the mark all you want, you can't grab the player until the umpire calls it though.

The whole point of taking is a mark is that you are allowed to dish it off without being tackled, if that means Ablett gets the ball off, that's his reward for taking the mark.

Obviously if there isn't an advantage there shouldn't be an advantage call - it's not a 'play on' call.

Sometimes it looks like there's going to be an advantage and then the players **** up. Why should they get 2 attempts at it?

The Geelong players obviously thought there was an advantage....

Robbed well before by the fact that they shouldn't have even been in the game at that point.
Are you talking about geelong or stkilda because the cats were dead lucky the game wasn't put away earlier, Schneider Milne and Dal santo had clear cut chances to score goals but rushed their kicks. Geelong played in spurts all game, 10 mins good 10 mins ordinary. You can't keep getting away with inconsistency during a match like they have a few times this year and they didnt in the end today.

Sometimes it looks like there's going to be an advantage and then the players **** up. Why should they get 2 attempts at it?

Or maybe they were already to far into what they were doing before the umpire blew his whistle and could not. You can not just stop playing in the hope the umpire is going to call something.

It is a very grey area as sometimes the umpires let it go and sometimes they call it back and you have no idea why.

Because they didn't get the advantage call in the first place. Fair enough if it was a Geelong error but he was tackled immediately after advantage was called. Is it that hard to understand?

Remove this Banner Ad

To think the Saints were almost robbed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back