Toasters openly admitting 92 & 94 were State teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Stae football is/was different to State of Origin football.

Your franchise is wearing our State's SOO jumper. Complete with the 'Made in WA' birthmark.

Stop wasting my time.

'My' Franchise is trying to represent WA by wearing its sacred jumper

'Your' Franchise is trying to represent East Fremantle by wearing their sacred jumper

Like it or not, there is no difference

State of Origin football and State Football Matches are two different things.
Are they really a different thing, or a change in the administration of the "state v state" competition?

They still wore the black and gold jumper.

I think you really are straining for something to be pissed about. I'll be very unhappy with Tarrant wearing East Freo colours

Straining for something to be pissed about? I'm absolutely wild that you lot would even contemplate wearing the Western Australian jumper in heritage round.

But your mob are bigger than the game. Will it be the Australian strip next year?

From my understanding (to be taken with a grain of salt) - they're not wearing the WA SoO jumper (gold with a black swan on it (?)), but the WA representative jumper (gold with a black slash (?)) - a la the one the WAFL state representative team wears when they play other state league representative (ie WAFL v SNAFL/VFL etc).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The basic issue is what do WEst Coast Eagles have more in common with a WA jumper than the Dockers? Nothing - therefore how does it representt heir heritage? Maybe both WA teams should wear it?

Straining for something to be pissed about? I'm absolutely wild that you lot would even contemplate wearing the Western Australian jumper in heritage round.

But your mob are bigger than the game. Will it be the Australian strip next year?

Yep, will Fremantle be further be breaking down their "Fremantle heritage" and stealing from another club again next year? Will it be Bullcreek-Leeming next year perhaps?

From my understanding (to be taken with a grain of salt) - they're not wearing the WA SoO jumper (gold with a black swan on it (?)), but the WA representative jumper (gold with a black slash (?)) - a la the one the WAFL state representative team wears when they play other state league representative (ie WAFL v SNAFL/VFL etc).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong

They're wearing the jumper WA wore in the first SOO game

Yep, will Fremantle be further be breaking down their "Fremantle heritage" and stealing from another club again next year? Will it be Bullcreek-Leeming next year perhaps?

You really struggle with the concept of SOO versus club footy don't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The basic issue is what do WEst Coast Eagles have more in common with a WA jumper than the Dockers? Nothing - therefore how does it representt heir heritage? Maybe both WA teams should wear it?

We were formed as a to represent the state in football - hence West Coast

you were formed to be our little brother and create a rivalry

But Freo wouldn't, because they claim Freamantle football as their heritage. West Coast claim WA footy as their heritage.

This would be my interpretation of the difference

I don't think West Coast have any more right to wear the state jumper, but for Freo to wear it now would probably be a change in what they have been saying since '95.

You really struggle with the concept of SOO versus club footy don't you?

You obviously struggle with the notion of sarcasm don't you?

I said yes, we will be wearing green and gold next year, and simply asked if you will continue to steal from the Fremantle area and be wearing the jumpers of bullcreek-leeming next year? How about the Kardinya under 8's?

like the Western Warriors? oh...hang on....

What does pura cup have to do with what we are talking about?

State of origin means just that, players are given the honour of slection for the state in which they first played. As far as I know Judd was recruited from Sandringham and doesn't have the right to pull on a WA jumper.

What does pura cup have to do with what we are talking about?

State of origin means just that, players are given the honour of slection for the state in which they first played. As far as I know Judd was recruited from Sandringham and doesn't have the right to pull on a WA jumper.

What right does a player from Woodville-West Torrens have to pulling on an East Fremantle jumper?

East Fremantle may not be the state, but its still a club with proud histories and is gettings its history 'borrowed' by a club to slap on roughly 17-18 players who've never even played for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toasters openly admitting 92 & 94 were State teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back