Todays game

Remove this Banner Ad

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
How frustrating were the umpries today? Countless times they would give away the softest free kicks not to mention the one to Robertson right in front of goal. It seems in the past few years we cannot play well against Melbourne and i cannot see why. They arn't that good.
Anyway a few positives from the game was our youngsters in the backline. Stanners played well i thought. Was moved onto Robbo, which was a big move and did ok. The other one was Goldsack. Attacked the footy. Spoiled well and carried the ball. Looks the good so far.
Disappointing efforts today but i give credit to Melbourne they out played us today.

mate, stanners was not good, he wasnt our worst, but he had 5 goals kicked on him, lets not get to ahead of ourselves.

Stanley was screwed because he had to play on Robbo in his first game. We just didn't have the defensive players to win this game.

Good effort to come back from 6 goals down to almost hit the front, but some poor umpiring and some poor disposals stopped any chance we had.

Toovey shouldn't of played, we should of brought Cox in i reckon.
Wakes also showed that AFL has passed him by, been a great servant but his time is up.

Melbourne are in deep trouble if they can only beat us by a few goals. Rocca, Medhurst and a few others were useless and the umpires were just plain shit.

Can't wait to beat those pricks in round 20.

haha dont forget mate we were left with 2 on the bench for majority of the match with neitz and johnstone getting injured... thats to go with yze being a late withdrawal.

mate, stanners was not good, he wasnt our worst, but he had 5 goals kicked on him, lets not get to ahead of ourselves.
Yes very true but first gamer playing on a bloody good forward? Was very tough on the kid. I agree with you on he wasn't our worst but he did do a couple of good things. He is one of the younger kids on our list, just needs some experience.

haha dont forget mate we were left with 2 on the bench for majority of the match with neitz and johnstone getting injured... thats to go with yze being a late withdrawal.
And don't forget we had Presti and Harry out. They make a huge difference to our backline.

harry really hurt!!
did anyone else think obree was quiet by his standards? he does cop tags most weeks believe it or not, who had him today?

Yes very true but first gamer playing on a bloody good forward? Was very tough on the kid. I agree with you on he wasn't our worst but he did do a couple of good things. He is one of the younger kids on our list, just needs some experience.

i wasnt havn a dig at him, i just dont think it was a real positive, though he wasnt a negative, he has played on Robbo before and Stanners got bog.

yep and we had our best 22 on the field and had no injuries what so ever...:rolleyes:

u did play well though esp the first qtr which basically killed us

haha! suck shit.

i guess you guys got whats coming to you. you know you're in trouble when you lose to a side like melbourne.

you guys dont even deserve to be in the top 8 IMO. come september, if you guys are still there you dont stand a chance. when will you realise that your team is shit? We wouldve beaten you if we hadnt gone to sleep in the 4th.

PS how much longer can you blame the umpires for your team's shit effort?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha! suck shit.

i guess you guys got whats coming to you. you know you're in trouble when you lose to a side like melbourne.

you guys dont even deserve to be in the top 8 IMO. come september, if you guys are still there you dont stand a chance. when will you realise that your team is shit? We wouldve beaten you if we hadnt gone to sleep in the 4th.

Lol coming from a carlton supporter? Your a tool.

We lost today because of a number of reasons (and in this order);

1 - Like many times this year we could not start with the right intensity

2 - MM was again outcoached by Neale Daniher. Why he had Stanley and Toovey on Robbo was a disgrace. He never once put Wakes, Maxy or goldsack there.

3 - MM refused to zone the kickouts instead giving them a free run on the huddle all day.

4 - The umps were disgraceful. Honestly worst I have seen in a long time. Will be interested what comes of it.

5 - Our young backs were just outgunned. Again, not sure coach gave them best chance.

6 - The fwds, namely Rocca and Medhurst were a joke. Did not have a go.

haha! suck shit.

Your a class act.

The start killed us today and we couldn't get back in front. We kept battling though, so that's a positive.

Harry's injury will hurt us. We really need Clement back next game.

Lol coming from a carlton supporter? Your a tool.
i suppose i am, supporting a team on the way up. may i remind u of 2001 when Brisbane were 2-7, won 16 straight and claimed the premiership. Carlton is in the middle of repeating that feat right now.

WATCH OUT!

We lost today because of a number of reasons (and in this order);

1 - Like many times this year we could not start with the right intensity

2 - MM was again outcoached by Neale Daniher. Why he had Stanley and Toovey on Robbo was a disgrace. He never once put Wakes, Maxy or goldsack there.

3 - MM refused to zone the kickouts instead giving them a free run on the huddle all day.

4 - The umps were disgraceful. Honestly worst I have seen in a long time. Will be interested what comes of it.

5 - Our young backs were just outgunned. Again, not sure coach gave them best chance.

6 - The fwds, namely Rocca and Medhurst were a joke. Did not have a go.

Agree with all of that. Wasn't Goldsack put on Robertson at the end? Doesn't matter though, the damage had already been done.

Snoop Dog, you left off reason number 7
MM did not anticipate how hungry Melbourne were to win this game.
I honestly looked forward to winning this game and our comeback was quintessential Collingwood.
But I've been around long enough to know that the Pies can overstimate their opposition and we have an ugly fourth quater fade out.
We'll still make finals - I hope it's from skills and not relying on the other teams stuffing up.

i suppose i am, supporting a team on the way up. may i remind u of 2001 when Brisbane were 2-7, won 16 straight and claimed the premiership. Carlton is in the middle of repeating that feat right now.

WATCH OUT!
So what are you trying to say? Carlton are going to win 16 in a row? Not this year mate.

WATCH OUT!

you are ****en dreamer or what!!!!!!!!! there is no chance that will happen and i gaurn****entee it ****job

i suppose i am, supporting a team on the way up.
Only because there isn't any further down you could go. Get some class and get into the eight before you try and start bagging our team.

Back on topic: We lost simply because we had an ineffectual forwardline. We kept turning the ball over inside the 40-50 metre zone. Rocca was held well and our crumbers were crowded.

In all honesty, apart from the odd contest, I think we won it everywhere else.

I was really impressed with how your blokes fought back today, especially after losing O'brien so early. I know first hand how much losing a bloke early fcks up your team, but your boys kept battling on.

The umpires were terrible all round today, Rocca was clearly being held in some instances, and Mclean getting fifty for throwing the ball into a chair?!?!:confused: Not too mention the ludicrous hands in the back inconsistency.

Once you guys get your defense back you'll be right up there this year :thumbsu:

AS my name says I'm a fan of MM but today he was wrong to not put maxwell onto robbo earlier. when netiz went off he was the only one who would hurt us and he did. Obree needs to go not just on today he is not our future either is Licca been great for the club but get the kids in. Take the pain now for future gain

Remove this Banner Ad

Todays game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back