Free Agency Todd Goldstein [Joins Essendon as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

dont understand why north would be wanting to move him on

xerri is injury prone and still unclear whether he makes it. norths ruck depth after him is ccj if goldstein leaves and the less that is said about him the better.
North would be offering a one year contract, surely.

They're just in the process of delisting and retiring like 10 players. I suspect he's been asked to wait until the overall list picture is clearer before further contract negotiations take place.

I think the issue is that North wouldn't offer two years.

most of the reporting has been around him wanting to go around again but north being unable to guarantee a contract for next year

it seems like he is being squeezed out from those reports
I think it’s the difference between a 1 and 2 year contract.

North will offer him 1 year but he might walk if Essendon offer 2 years.

Short term hurts, but I don’t see it as a big deal long term.

Brad Scott loves a good top up, so I can see it being on the cards.

Todd has had an amazing career one thing he isn’t is a coach.
Not his bag.

Will be interesting and good on him. I won’t lose sleep over a 35 yr old leaving. Has been a loyal servant amd wish him the best .

Interested in your comment about a Goldy not being a coach.

Since Boomer was retired Todd has easily been my favourite Nmfc player. He plays with a high level of ruck craft and would have thought he had a lot to offer young rucks.

Would be disappointing if he does not retire as a one Club player.

Interested in your comment about a Goldy not being a coach.

Since Boomer was retired Todd has easily been my favourite Nmfc player. He plays with a high level of ruck craft and would have thought he had a lot to offer young rucks.

Would be disappointing if he does not retire as a one Club player.

I think his point surrounds him not really being a leader etc.

Never been in the leadership group in his entire career.

I think his point surrounds him not really being a leader etc.

Never been in the leadership group in his entire career.

Surprising.

Maybe not one of the boys?

Seems a very articulate fella who gets the best out of himself. Always seems to run out games, suggesting a personally tough fitness regime as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont understand why north would be wanting to move him on

xerri is injury prone and still unclear whether he makes it. norths ruck depth after him is ccj if goldstein leaves and the less that is said about him the better.

If it’s true that he is being offered 2 years elsewhere, then I can see why North would let him walk.

If he leaves, we will acquire another ruck to help with depth. It isn’t really a type that is hard to get with the yearly ruck merry go round.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Todd has had an amazing career one thing he isn’t is a coach.
Not his bag.

Will be interesting and good on him. I won’t lose sleep over a 35 yr old leaving. Has been a loyal servant amd wish him the best .
Other north posters may dislike this, but I tend to agree.

A lot of the leadership and ultra senior blokes this year mostly looked out for themselves and didn’t help the younger co-captains. Understandable for Cunnington as he was dealing with a lot, but guys like Ziebell and Goldy gave little aid to L Mac when he was asking for help.

Goldy is a nice bloke, but he simply isn’t a leader. Maybe a good technical ruck teacher, but doesn’t have the leadership qualities to be a good full-time coach, and I wouldn’t say he has been heavily involved with Xerri’s development either.

Last edited:
Has to go to Geelong surely?

Seems a no brainer that one

We offered 4 years in 2019 but he turned it down. I dont think his family situation allows him to move down the highway.

We offered 4 years in 2019 but he turned it down. I dont think his family situation allows him to move down the highway.
If im Geelong I just say "Live where you want and come on down" . Different circumstances given he will cost 0 on the trade table and what not.

If Joe Daniher can drive 2 hours a day to and from training sure Todd can make his way down to Geelong

Reckon he’s after game time, money or multiple year deal?

I wouldn’t mind him at the Pies if it was cheap.

This one actually hurts lol

He'll be 36 next year, I can only see him going to a club firmly in the premiership window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back