Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor has it he may finally be available.

Worth now that he's 28? I'd like to think a first round pick. Can't see us getting two for him as some seem to suggest.

Someone like Gold Coast will throw a first and second pick to get him as has four years of top-end football in him.

If wells and Goldy leave north the club will be lucky to get 20k members

Everyone said Geelong would close up when Pyramid went down the shit chute. Still there apparently. Unless I'm mistaken we are allowed to replace those guys with others or do we have to play two short?

Silly post of yours. matched by mine, it's easy to disengage the brain and mash keys isn't it?

Everyone said Geelong would close up when Pyramid went down the shit chute. Still there apparently. Unless I'm mistaken we are allowed to replace those guys with others or do we have to play two short?

Silly post of yours. matched by mine, it's easy to disengage the brain and mash keys isn't it?
Settle... 20k might be a bit low but certainly and il take a bet that membership will be down from this year after all that's happened.

Settle... 20k might be a bit low but certainly and il take a bet that membership will be down from this year after all that's happened.
nine years ago we had 22K

This season a tick over 45K, I'm not saying we won't lose a few but statements suggesting we'll drop half our membership base deserve to be treated with contempt.

Established ruckmen can go for overs, and can often play comfortably into their 30s. It wasn't the best year from Goldstein, looked to be hampered from about halfway but he'd still command a mid-high first at bare minimum from a club that needs a ruckman.
PCL. Requires surgery

Al5Lp.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Gold Coast offer their Pick 8 and one of their picks in the 20's for Goldstein?

I think they just might if his knee gets the OK for 4 or 5 more years of footy.

Sounds like massive overs to me

McEvoy went for mid to late 1st rounder and a player. Goldy is miles in front of Big boy.

To be accurate McEvoy went for a late first rounder and pick swap. I agree Goldstein is a much better player but will be older at the time of trade and has some injury issues.
However if a club wanted him badly enough and had early picks like GWS or GCS they may offer better than mid first round which is what I said. I doubt if you would get two firsts but a first and second may be possible.

A mid high pick? Lol

Two top 10's is the going rate for a contracted top 5 player in the game.

Yes he has had an injury interrupted season but at his best is still one of the most valuable players in the game.

At worst, I would take picks 4 & 6 from Gold Coast for Goldstein + 11.

And that is accepting unders.

From GC perspective:

Would Goldstein + Swallow + 11 for 4,6,8 work?

If they were to turn picks 4,6 (Prestia),8, 14 (O'Meara) into Goldstein, Swallow, Bowes and Sheer, I think both teams would be laughing.

A mid high pick? Lol

Yes he has had an injury interrupted season but at his best is still one of the most valuable players in the game.

From GC perspective:

If they were to turn picks 4,6 (Prestia),8, 14 (O'Meara) into Goldstein, Swallow, Bowes and Sheer, I think both teams would be laughing.
1. He is not currently a top 5 player in the game, not even close.
2. He is 28, Pendlebury is a better player and of similar age but I wouldn't expect 2 top 10 picks for him. Ruckmen also don't last long and their form deteriorates drastically when they're over 30.
3. He is starting show ongoing injury concerns, judging on the games I've watched him play this year, he is nowhere near as agile and his contested marking is also far worse in comparison to the 2015 Goldstein.

2. He is 28, Pendlebury is a better player and of similar age but I wouldn't expect 2 top 10 picks for him. Ruckmen also don't last long and their form deteriorates drastically when they're over 30.
3. He is starting show ongoing injury concerns, judging on the games I've watched him play this year, he is nowhere near as agile and his contested marking is also far worse in comparison to the 2015 Goldstein.

Absolute crap. Ruckmen play their best footy post 30..

Anyone with half a clue knows this, hence the phrase 'big men take time'.

No, they can still play great footy in their 30s, they dont play their "best footy" in their 30s. Goldstein isnt going to better his 2015 season once he passes 30.

Which of the current top 5 rucks let alone top 5 players is "post 30"

Gawn?
Naitanui?
Mumford? Yes but he plays like 15 games a year
Grundy?
Jacobs?

"Big men take time", sure, but are you saying ruckmen are immune to ageing?... I think it is consensus that a ruckman's prime years is from 25-29.

A mid high pick? Lol

From GC perspective:

3 top ten picks for a ruckmen with possible knees issues and a slow and old Andrew swallow? Swallow is worth a 3rd rounder and Goldstein is worth a first rounder. We lose that trade big time

He was the 2nd best player in the comp last year finishing 2nd behind Fyfe in the MVP. Played hurt for most of 16.

At 28 he has plenty of good footy a head of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back