Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not arguing we are chasing one. I just think we are not in a position to over pay for one towards the end of his career. If the Eagles agree to move him on at a decent price for both sure, if they are trying to extract maximum value I hope we pass.
Both list managers wouldn’t be doing their job if they weren’t trying to make it happen for minimum/maximum value. It will just come down to whether there’s a sliver of common ground between the two.

This is a fun read. Eagles fans talking down draft picks for a known commodity and vice versa for Hawks fans. I wonder why 🤣

Is it really fun for you being reminded about a pick 6 selection a couple of years totally bombing out? If that had worked out then the Hawks wouldn't need Tom Barrass.

Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

It's more factual than 90% of the other views being floated. ;) :thumbsu:

TiAn_ appreciate this. Clearly as a Freo supporter on here I should stay in my lane and not pass on what said player has mentioned away from a media presser or interview 🤷‍♂️ eaglevision knows his flock well through WCE medical statements and his word alone should be enough to sway others on this forum.
No idea what TiAn_ wrote, one of the very few posters I have on ignore due to the constant spilling of garbage. You don’t need to “pass on” information from a readily available months old interview. No one has problems with opinions (trade value etc) but when you make statements on medical issues with to no knowledge of what you’re even talking about you’re going to get called out. Pretty ignorant if you think my conviction on this topic is coming through WCE medical statements.

No idea what TiAn_ wrote, one of the very few posters I have on ignore due to the constant spilling of garbage. You don’t need to “pass on” information from a readily available months old interview. No one has problems with opinions (trade value etc) but when you make statements on medical issues with to no knowledge of what you’re even talking about you’re going to get called out. Pretty ignorant if you think my conviction on this topic is coming through WCE medical statements.
It's not my opinion, but from Barrass himself. If it was an article or interview I would then post in here and make a judgement on that. I hope that clears it up.

It's not my opinion, but from Barrass himself. If it was an article or interview I would then post in here and make a judgement on that. I hope that clears it up.
“back is cooked” is an opinion.

noun
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I hope that clears it up.

Barrass coming across as someone who is difficult to deal with now.

The flip-flopping, the demands, the clubs he's dealing with.

All seems a bit much. Might get to the point where West Coast just have enough and are happy to part with him.

It seems to be tracking that way , I wanted to keep Barrass just last week and now it does look like he’s got a bigger mortgage to pay ..
So either we renegotiate his contract or explore the other options ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It seems to be tracking that way , I wanted to keep Barrass just last week and now it does look like he’s got a bigger mortgage to pay ..

Hawks are getting miles ahead of themselves. They will overpay.

Eagles will clean up on a 29 year old.

Big buyer beware here for clubs looking at taking him on. Only 150-games over 11-years in the system. Ongoing back issues, durability is of considerable concern.

There is a reason Eagles want to cash in on his high value right now. Yes, he won't be there for their next flag (or even finals tilt), but I'd be wary about putting up a big, long contract to a guy who has potential health concerns and has never reached 20-games in a season (looks like he will finally get there this year).

Given where the Eagles are at, surely you keep experienced, gun players around to guide and help develop the next gen, and to build culture and drive high standards. I'm thinking they might know something others don't.

Hawks are a very well run and smart club. They'll want to be very careful here. Big due dillegence required. I have no doubt they will do just that.

All this DGB slander by Eagles supporters could very well come back to haunt them when Barrass leaves and then they are crying out for key defenders so pick up DGB.
Happy to give him a 1 year deal to see if a new environment and learning off McGovern helps him, but he's really shown nothing to suggest he can be a good AFL player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this DGB slander by Eagles supporters could very well come back to haunt them when Barrass leaves and then they are crying out for key defenders so pick up DGB.
People have been trying to palm DGB off to us on this forum for years already. He is a roll of the dice DFA at best. Unfortunately you wasted a high pick on him, like we did with Brander for example.

Big buyer beware here for clubs looking at taking him on. Only 150-games over 11-years in the system. Ongoing back issues, durability is of considerable concern.
137 games in 8 seasons is a more honest representation. Add 4 games for the covid year which he played the entirety of and its 17.6 games per year. Not that bad

Barrass like most young KPDs aren't in their teams best 22 especially if those teams have decent senior KPDs ahead of them.
Barrass played 13 games in his first 3 years while playing WAFL.

137 games in 8 seasons is a more honest representation. Add 4 games for the covid year which he played the entirety of and its 17.6 games per year. Not that bad

Barrass like most young KPDs aren't in their teams best 22 especially if those teams have decent senior KPDs ahead of them.
Barrass played 13 games in his first 3 years while playing WAFL.
Yeah, that's all really fair. I still think given his age and back issues clubs would want to be doing their due dilligence. He's a gun player no doubt, but given his likely cost, and well as his age, you'd want to make sure he's healthy and confident you're in the premiership window for the next 3-4 years.

Could be a Brian Lake, but could also be a Stephen O'Rielly / Mitchell White. The positive I guess is he has played 18-games this year. But back issues in your late 20's...personally I'd be a wary buyer.

Just my thoughts but going out and giving 1 million a season to Barrass and 950k a season to Battle, in my opinion, is way way overs.

Hawthorn are airborne at the moment, but I'm concerned at this move in particular for them.
Yep,
The club seems to be in a hurry all of a sudden. Do they want/need a flag before Tassie hits to try and shore up Melbourne sponsorship? Gotta be a huge hole in the budget when the Tassie deal ends.

Short cutting a rebuild never ends badly.

We don't need to do either

Barrass allows you to be a premiership contender instantly, and covers then gap until Mccabe or whoever is ready.
Sicily is 29, ideally hes still around when youre pushing finals. He would be a hard loss to cover.

The Barrass trade could set you up for 7+ years near the top.

You realistically have all the young talent a club could need to go far, especially mids as this is a mid heavy draft in the first round.
No Barrass doesn’t. As I’ve said earlier Barrass will make very little difference to us competing for a flag next year.

It’s all about the younger guys upfield being able to back up from the end of this year and go again.

Our club seems determined to go for a KPD having chased McKay and Esava.

So will likely overpay for Barrass. I just don’t see as much value in it.

Is it really fun for you being reminded about a pick 6 selection a couple of years totally bombing out? If that had worked out then the Hawks wouldn't need Tom Barrass.

Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

It's more factual than 90% of the other views being floated. ;) :thumbsu:
Almost that entire draft bombed out, most Hawk fans are pretty fine with how it ended up. They can’t all be winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back