Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically everything Barrass does now?

Both are excellent footballlers as I said but era defining FBs Lake was not. Just a excellent player like Tommy is with a bit less of the talent
Lake was a better kick and probably a better 1v1 defender for mine.

The caveat to this comment is that Lake had a much better team around him and was protected up field a lot more. 1v1 for Barrass is usually being left totally naked off a quick turn over, where as Lake may have had a tad more time for positioning.

Both were/are very srrong intercept marks.

Ill stick to my guns. Lake achieved more in his career but Barass is the better talent and footballer.

Im not sure which metric of marking, kicking, spoiling, 1 percenters, tackling Lake was better at for example but im sure people may think its all of them ?
Stop smoking crack barrass is a very good full back but Lake sits alongside Gov, Rance, McPharlin, Scarlett tier of KPD of the last 20 years absurd claim

I loved Lake for the sheer fact he is the only player that genuinely made Tom Hawkins shit his pants.

As for Barrass, his stay at the Eagles could end in real ugly fashion and if it does, they will be in no position to push a hard deal. If he says I am not setting foot in here again and I am off to the Hawks, what are the Eagles going to do? Keep someone who is pissed off? I don’t think so.
Why? He was happy enough to sign a contract, then renegotiate it without his manager's assistance.

Not sure how he can mad at the club for that, especially when he would know that WCE are one of the few clubs that don't automatically increase player's pay when the new CBA comes into effect.

Seriously how doe Eagles fans view his worth anymore than just a first rdr when taking this in to consideration
IMO he is worth a very late teens 1st rounder at best. Any higher pick that that from hawks should see Eagles either trade something back. No other players involved.

Kingy is not a fan too.

I loved Lake for the sheer fact he is the only player that genuinely made Tom Hawkins shit his pants.

As for Barrass, his stay at the Eagles could end in real ugly fashion and if it does, they will be in no position to push a hard deal. If he says I am not setting foot in here again and I am off to the Hawks, what are the Eagles going to do? Keep someone who is pissed off? I don’t think so.
The thing is if the eagles dont do this trade and TB doesnt get to the Hawks whilst not paying him the $$$ the previous admin promised.

The eagles will have a very unhappy player that may really not have his complete heart in the games
that is not a situation the eagles will want.

Barrass is a very good footballer but Lake was better. Ignore that WC supporter, he is a nuffy.

Now here is why the Hawks will need to cough up more than just a first.

-Barrass is a KPD and a very good one. You do not see players of his type on the trade table very often.
-Hawks have made ALL the effort to sign him.
-Eagles are NOT trying to off load him. And are not desperate too either. He is not being advertised as up for grabs.
-He has 3 years left on his contract. This is a very long time.
-The hawks are supposedly offering him a 4 year contract that would be in the realm of 850k.

Here is a different analogy: imagine if you had a 1st ed. Charizard Base Set pokemon card in PSA 10 and your mate wants it. It's your card and you love it dearly. It has never been up for sale because it is significant to you. The estimated value is $250k, this card doesn't grow on trees. Your friend knows this and still wants this card badly so he offers you 400k for the card to sway you to give it up.

This is what the hawks have to do.

Barrass is a very good footballer but Lake was better. Ignore that WC supporter, he is a nuffy.

-Barrass is a KPD and a very good one. You do not see players of his type on the trade table very often.
-Eagles are NOT trying to off load him. And are not desperate too either. He is not being advertised as up for grabs.
-The hawks are supposedly offering him a 4 year contract that would be in the realm of 850k.

Here is a different analogy: imagine if you had a 1st ed. Charizard Base Set pokemon card in PSA 10 and your mate wants it. It's your card and you love it dearly. It has never been up for sale because it is significant to you. The estimated value is $250k, this card doesn't grow on trees. Your friend knows this and still wants this card badly so he offers you 400k for the card to sway you to give it up.

Not an awful analogy, the one thing i would add though is imagine the person who owns that card also just lost his high paying job and is now working at McDonalds while trying to pay of a car loan and a mortgage. He may love that card, he may want to keep that card but deep down he also knows it is probably for the best to let it go.

I do agree that now it looks our first will be a bit later in the first round i think we need to add a sweetener to it. But i don't think it is too far off the mark. I hope it will be something like our first and third for Barrass or our First and 2nd for Barrass and a third back.

Is the card damaged or in mint condition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass is a Snorlax PSA 6

The Eagles are more than happy to trade him and it’s not a shock that he wants to leave. If it’s pick 10-12, it’ll be a first round pick only. Anything highers than that and there will be something added… but not what most eagles fans think.

Also another point in regards to the 'desperate' narrative.

We are favourite to land Battle and already have Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle. Would he add to what we have and make us very hard to stop on the intercept game, yes, but are we desperate, I wouldn't think so.

Are looking at every avenue to improve the side, would think so.

IMO he is worth a very late teens 1st rounder at best. Any higher pick that that from hawks should see Eagles either trade something back. No other players involved.

Kingy is not a fan too.

“I think when you look at the work of Jeremy McGovern around him (Barrass), beside him, behind him, he covers for so many flaws in their make-up as a team, and in their make-up as a back six, and I think he helps Tom Barrass more than any other player in that line-up

Cool story from King

Barrass won the B&F the same year Gov played only 9 games but whatever hey

Also another point in regards to the 'desperate' narrative.

We are favourite to land Battle and already have Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle. Would he add to what we have and make us very hard to stop on the intercept game, yes, but are we desperate, I wouldn't think so.

Are looking at every avenue to improve the side, would think so.
You're the ones who approached him and have supposedly gotten him to commit.

Previously it appeared Bulldogs were the frontrunners, so obviously Hawthorn has put in the work.

“I think when you look at the work of Jeremy McGovern around him (Barrass), beside him, behind him, he covers for so many flaws in their make-up as a team, and in their make-up as a back six, and I think he helps Tom Barrass more than any other player in that line-up

Cool story from King

Barrass won the B&F the same year Gov played only 9 games but whatever hey
King's gone full salt on WCE now that Simmo's gone.

You're the ones who approached him and have supposedly gotten him to commit.

Previously it appeared Bulldogs were the frontrunners, so obviously Hawthorn has put in the work
Okay so management didn't reach out, but WC allowing multiple clubs enquire it appears. Which makes sense as you guys wanted to keep Edwards and improve draft capital.

I don't think Barrass is seen as an untouchable that won't go unless the offer is too good to be true.

Absolutely we put in the work as all clubs should to improve their side. Acquiring Barrass would be great for us but also everyone needs to realise Hawthorn have irons in multiple fires.

Okay so management didn't reach out, but WC allowing multiple clubs enquire it appears. Which makes sense as you guys wanted to keep Edwards and improve draft capital.

I don't think Barrass is seen as an untouchable that won't go unless the offer is too good to be true.

Absolutely we put in the work as all clubs should to improve their side. Acquiring Barrass would be great for us but also everyone needs to realise Hawthorn have irons in multiple fires.
None of that matters if you get the player to commit and can't get the deal done.

Clubs talk to players all the time also, Hawthorn isn't some special case.

The fact that they've supposedly affirmed as his favoured destination would imply that a deal is likely to be agreed upon.

As usual, Hawks fans will think they overpaid and WCE fans will think they got unders.

So basically everything Barrass does now?

Both are excellent footballlers as I said but era defining FBs Lake was not. Just a excellent player like Tommy is with a bit less of the talent

Barass still has 5 years of football left so let’s not like define his career today as far as the comparison goes. At Hawthorn id be very surprised if Barass isn’t picking up 2 AAs in next 5 years for example.

If you compare Lakes Doggies career vs Barass Eagles career at 29 it’s a pretty easy contest as to who has done more
Lakes All Australians came at the Bulldogs. Your argument keeps getting sillier. Hahaha 🤪

I thought I read it all on Bigfooty but then comes along a West Coast supporter saying Barrass is a better footballer then Lake WOW.
If they were to play a game tomorrow then I have zero doubt Barrass would be better than Lake ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back