Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

None of that matters if you get the player to commit and can't get the deal done.

Clubs talk to players all the time also, Hawthorn isn't some special case.

The fact that they've supposedly affirmed as his favoured destination would imply that a deal is likely to be agreed upon.

As usual, Hawks fans will think they overpaid and WCE fans will think they got unders.
Yeah with how public this is would think it has to be pretty much done. Ive been reading on here about comparison is to say the pick 1 trade last year which was very far from done at any point. Don't think this one the clubs are that far apart, fan bases appear to be though.

Yeah with how public this is would think it has to be pretty much done. Ive been reading on here about comparison is to say the pick 1 trade last year which was very far from done at any point. Don't think this one the clubs are that far apart, fan bases appear to be though.
Fan bases always are, probably because in a lot of cases first rounders are overvalued in regards to drafting.

By that I mean that fans think first rounders in the draft are incredibly valuable, without taking into consideration where their team is at.

For instance, a first rounder in the draft means a lot more to WCE than Hawks, because of where their lists are at, hence WCE fans wanting more, especially as Hawks keep winning, so they want 2 firsts.

Barrass is probably the only asset we have that enables that.

Hawthorn themselves are probably more happy to give up a first & 2nd because there's unlikely to be anyone in the first round who'd have an immediate impact, so would be way more likely to offer a second instead of F1st, because their list is in the state where they're looking to bring players in to better the best 22 for a flag push over the next 5 years.

Even then, I expect they'll still want to keep their 2nd because why wouldn't you want to retain the better draft capital of you can manage it?

Can't see them offering their first next year because they can use that to target further trades.

I still think this year's first and second get it done although that may include a shuffling of later picks/future picks.

Fan bases always are, probably because in a lot of cases first rounders are overvalued in regards to drafting.

By that I mean that fans think first rounders in the draft are incredibly valuable, without taking into consideration where their team is at.

For instance, a first rounder in the draft means a lot more to WCE than Hawks, because of where their lists are at, hence WCE fans wanting more, especially as Hawks keep winning, so they want 2 firsts.

Barrass is probably the only asset we have that enables that.

Hawthorn themselves are probably more happy to give up a first & 2nd because there's unlikely to be anyone in the first round who'd have an immediate impact, so would be way more likely to offer a second instead of F1st, because their list is in the state where they're looking to bring players in to better the best 22 for a flag push over the next 5 years.

Even then, I expect they'll still want to keep their 2nd because why wouldn't you want to retain the better draft capital of you can manage it?

Can't see them offering their first next year because they can use that to target further trades.

I still think this year's first and second get it done although that may include a shuffling of later picks/future picks.
The bolded can be interpreted in two different ways. But moving on.

I'm pretty sure Hawthorn have their eyes on a few players this draft. Might be one we can bid on as well. I don't think the club has the intention to abandon it completely.

Being realistic a first has to be involved for WC to be interested otherwise they would move on someone else. It's the 'and change' part that has divided many. For example if Hawthorn wanted points for this year but WC wanted the Collingwood pick as well both clubs might need to get creative. My guess is that's why a player has been in speculation for a while.

The point is I wouldn’t have a clue like everyone one else on here wouldn’t have a clue who approached who! Including you!
All the talk was about Barrass to Bulldogs, then when he was known to be gettable, Hawthorn suddenly entered the fray.

Pretty sure Mitchell's known for chasing players he targets personally, so I highly doubt he was sitting around hoping for Nick Gieschen to approach him when he already knows Barrass having previously played him and coached his team.

All the talk was about Barrass to Bulldogs, then when he was known to be gettable, Hawthorn suddenly entered the fray.

Pretty sure Mitchell's known for chasing players he targets personally, so I highly doubt he was sitting around hoping for Nick Gieschen to approach him when he already knows Barrass having previously played him and coached his team.
So in other words you have no clue! Gotchya 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lakes All Australians came at the Bulldogs. Your argument keeps getting sillier. Hahaha 🤪
Well obviously i know that. He didnt get AAs at 32.

Barass would have 2 AAs if not for McGovern. Not even 1 single doubt about it. Not many players at FB/CHB get AA playing second fiddle to someone else. Its just how the selection process works

As number 1 in Hawks he will rack up AA selections. Ill come back in 13 months time to claim my receipt when he does. You are 100% welcome to do the same

Barass would have 2 AAs if not for McGovern. Not even 1 single doubt about it. Not many players at FB/CHB get AA playing second fiddle to someone else. Its just how the selection process works

As number 1 in Hawks he will rack up AA selections. Ill come back in 13 months time to claim my receipt when he does. You are 100% welcome to do the same

Dale Morris was All-Australian in 2008 playing with Lake lol

I honestly think both club supporters will end up a little unhappy with the trade.

Something like;
Hawks out - *10, *27
In - Barrass, *59

And some shuffling of late future picks.

To hazzard a guess
This works out to be pick #5 equivalent. I know precedent doesn’t account for much but what has been higher than that recently? Cameron was pick #1, Taranto pick #4

Fair enough, lake probably would have received more AA selections if dogs had won more preliminary finals during his tenure. So the final tally of all Australian selections + imaginary all Australian selections sits at 4:2 in favour of lake leaving him still as the better/more talented player

This works out to be pick #5 equivalent. I know precedent doesn’t account for much but what has been higher than that recently? Cameron was pick #1, Taranto pick #4
I would have thought TT would be a pretty good comparison value wise. Talented* KPP hold more value than their mid counterparts.

TT is younger but probably an easier type to replace than a high level KPD.

Our clubs seem to have a pretty good D+T relationship. In the end, I think everyone wins, including Barrass.

I honestly think both club supporters will end up a little unhappy with the trade.

Something like;
Hawks out - *10, *27
In - Barrass, *59

And some shuffling of late future picks.

To hazzard a guess

KKjr9b.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back