Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly.
West Coast supporters recovering from the news of today only to
F1 and F2 for Barass would be a good result for the Eagles.
And I back your judgment, you should know about good results this trade period! Blair Hartley is the next statue outside the ‘G at this rate how on earth are clubs giving up these picks in a deep draft for good to middling players? Congratulations!

And I back your judgment, you should know about good results this trade period! Blair Hartley is the next statue outside the ‘G at this rate how on earth are clubs giving up these picks in a deep draft for good to middling players? Congratulations!

Not sure why you are melting over a simple comment.

Future first and a future second is reasonable for a good 29 year old tall defender with a history of back problems.

What do you think he’s worth?

+1 for thinking it'll be F1 + F2 now. Hawks want F3 and we don't want to give that back (fair enough) so not giving it back will allow the club to sell it as a "win". Ideally, we set the price at two firsts for Barrass + F2 or F1 + 2 x F2 for Barrass + F3 and be prepared to bring him back next year. I don't see that happening as we extended Harry Edwards with the expectation this deal would be done.

If it is F1 and F2 and you get the choice of picks, which teams future picks do you take? Carlton or Hawthorn's?

That's a bloody hard one

Reckon there's a small chance you guys slide next year with a tougher draw and maybe the comp going to work on Sammy's gameplan
But you could very well also win it all with TB and Battle

Carlton I reckon make the 8 at least, they can't cop the same injury list again surely.

But also they have no Owies now so might get the spoon.....

Not sure why you are melting over a simple comment.

Future first and a future second is reasonable for a good 29 year old tall defender with a history of back problems.

What do you think he’s worth?
How am I melting? I made a joke about the massive overpayment you guys are getting this trade period I didn’t even reference the price for Barrass. Odd.

Yes, true. But that was because he was stuck behind (arguably) the greatest ruckman of the modern era. Grundy was still a 29 year old contracted player courted by another club with quality seasons behind him. He still played a position of significant need for a flag hopeful. He'd still been pursued by another club under contract (and was having part of his salary paid for). He was still in the top 5-10 players in the league for his position, much like Barass.

I agree it's not a perfect comparison but there are definately simlarities.

Regardless, it's one of 10 examples I have used.

West Coast supporters are yet to provide a single example that demonstrates that the Hawthorn offer was a 'turd burger' of an offer or anything similar EVER where a 29 year old has been traded for what West Coast supporters are saying he is worth. It's miles and miles above market value based on every trade ever.
29 year old A-graders who are required players dont get traded.
There are no good examples

That's a bloody hard one

Reckon there's a small chance you guys slide next year with a tougher draw and maybe the comp going to work on Sammy's gameplan
But you could very well also win it all with TB and Battle

Carlton I reckon make the 8 at least, they can't cop the same injury list again surely.

But also they have no Owies now so might get the spoon.....
I think we take a punt on Hawks' F1 and Blues' F2 for the reasons you mention while expecting them to be around the same part of the ladder as one another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back