Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sydney are chasing pick 12(13 now) with their 2 end of 1sts then thats what itd cost to get 13(14), 32 is too much to add there, if anything your be looking at a 3rd round upgrade or a 4th rounder as the difference
Sydney aren't giving up 19 + 22 for 13 alone. This is Baker trade territory.

I wouldnt have thought so, but apparently teams really want that pick 13 from GC.
Thats where the 13 for Baker+21(14 for Baker+24) comes from
I'm not following. Clubs are prepared to overpay for pick 13 so Sydney would be prepared to pay overs for pick 14? If anything, I would expect the Suns to set the price for 13 as a future pick, not a current one.

I'm not following. Clubs are prepared to overpay for pick 13 so Sydney would be prepared to pay overs for pick 14? If anything, I would expect the Suns to set the price for 13 as a future pick, not a current one.
Sydney are in the market for Suns 1st pick with offering up their 2 x end of 1st rounders

Do you understand why 2x first rounders was mentioned?
If you had pick 8 do you think we would be asking for 2x first rounders?

I dont believe you are stupid so im going to give you the benefit of the doubt
I said if we get 19&22 from Sydney would you take that in a trade, you said if we throw in F1 as well.. now you're saying only 1x 1st rounder if it was a top 10 pick.. so the goal posts keep shifting

I said if we get 19&22 from Sydney would you take that in a trade, you said if we throw in F1 as well.. now you're saying only 1x 1st rounder if it was a top 10 pick.. so the goal posts keep shifting
Not a single goal post has moved.
Im sorry but I was wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt, my bad.

Is picks 19+22 the same as pick 13+15ish?
Do you honestly think this?

The market was never about 2x first rounders necessarily, it was the value of Barrass. If you have pick 13, then something substantial needs to be added.
If you had pick 8 then that gets it done comfortably.
If you ended up with pick 18 from winning the premiership then youd need to add a mid first rounder.

Not a single goal post has moved.
Im sorry but I was wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt, my bad.

Is picks 19+22 the same as pick 13+15ish?
Do you honestly think this?

The market was never about 2x first rounders necessarily, it was the value of Barrass. If you have pick 13, then something substantial needs to be added.
If you had pick 8 then that gets it done comfortably.
If you ended up with pick 18 from winning the premiership then youd need to add a mid first rounder.
Pick 15 would have us making a prelim next year.. there's no way the footy club would be having that as our conservative finishing position to enter into a trade for our F1.. it's far more likely to land between Pick 10 and Pick 14, hence why we're not aligned to trading F1 alongside current pick 14..

The commentary on this draft has been about how deep and even it is from 10 onwards so I thought 19 & 22 was a valid option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 15 would have us making a prelim next year.. there's no way the footy club would be having that as our conservative finishing position to enter into a trade for our F1.. it's far more likely to land between Pick 10 and Pick 14, hence why we're not aligned to trading F1 alongside current pick 14..

The commentary on this draft has been about how deep and even it is from 10 onwards so I thought 19 & 22 was a valid option.
13 + a pick from 12-16, price it at 14 in this case, would have to be your clubs valuation, conservatively. You almost made a prelim, and are adding a year of development and Barrass+Battle to your backline.

If a club is offering 19+22 for pick 13 then clearly the consensus is NOT that its even from 10 onwards is it

The range from 8-14ish seems to be even, then the next group is a drop off, but its relatively even until the 20s

13 + a pick from 12-16, price it at 14 in this case, would have to be your clubs valuation, conservatively. You almost made a prelim, and are adding a year of development and Barrass+Battle to your backline.

If a club is offering 19+22 for pick 13 then clearly the consensus is NOT that its even from 10 onwards is it

The range from 8-14ish seems to be even, then the next group is a drop off, but its relatively even until the 20s
So you don't think there's a lot between pick 8 & 14 in this draft?

For reference Jeremy Cameron got traded with picks 13,15,20 for 2 x 2nd rounders. Jezza was a year younger than TB is now and was a better footballer with very good durability.

If we're giving up 14 & F1 we'd need an early 2nd rounder in return

Ild love to be able to walk away here, but we can’t because we have made the commitment to Barrass. The idea of paying more than 1 first rounder sickens me as we already have :-

Battle
Frost
Sicily
Scrimshaw
Serong

How the hell do we fit them all in. Battle might play forward

You absolutely will if your list management team backs itself in. Reality is Tom is still contracted for 3 years, so you will have to pays overs.

In their heads your F1 for 23 will only look like a small downgrade as WCE will likely be bottom four & your club will have designs on top 4 next year.

Now, of course the Hawks could have a bit of a let down next year…but that’s the beauty of speculating & trading future picks isn’t it!
The reality is, he is contracted for another 3 years and if the Eagles want to keep him they can. But they dont want to, they want to trade a 29-year-old that won't be there when you play finals next out for draft capital! Contracted for 3 years on one hand and being pushed out on the other hand (by not paying him what was promised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back