Tom Harley just TXT me

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it said Geelong Cats, I thought I had won something in the giant raffle. Was a little pissed when I didn't win and realised I had been charged for it.

Yer i got one too. i think it is from registering with the cats on the website, i did this just on the weekend because if you did you could win a signed gurnsey. Anyway that was the only thing i have given my phone number too, unless it is from the online store but i think it is likely just to be the whole registering online thing!

When it said Geelong Cats, I thought I had won something in the giant raffle. Was a little pissed when I didn't win and realised I had been charged for it.
Yeah I was wondering if I would've been charged for it... How much did receiving the message cost?

I was suprised to hear Bartel made it to the All Australian night , thought he would be at home texting special people;);)

I received the message as well. I googled the number 0421 268 600 and found this link

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0421268600.

Seems to be an automated sms service for which this number in the past has been used to send out other mass sms's.

Does anyone here know if the club did it directly or did they use a third party? Im just concerned as I have had premium sms issues in the past and I wouldn't like my number to fall in the wrong hands :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah don't fret - there will be no charge. It was definitely from the club to the fans (a good business uses multiple sources to find consumers ... anyone a club member, bought from the shop, entered a dreamteam / supercoach, enter footytips.com.au etc etc naming your supported club). If it was not from the club whoever sent it would be ****ed by a giant lawsuit from the club & captain. The 'opt out' makes it look a little dodgey but you'd understand the good and the bad have to add that for respect of privacy ... and the bad tend to not :)

I registered to win the geelong signed guernsey on gfc.com.au the other day and put my mobile number down so i'd say it came from there as you had to sign up for the newsletter to win it.

yeah i got it too yesterday arvo.
club member and subscribed to the newsletter.
i think the only people who have my number are membership services.

Yeah its got nothing to do with being a member. It must be when you buy something off the GFC website and you put your number in then. Because my Mrs got one yesterday (saints fan) and she rang me up at work thinking that i was playing tricks on her!.

She got me a jumper off the website at the start of the season and she has nothing else to do with geelong so im guessing everyone here has bought something off the website?.

I was a bit upset tom didnt sms me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back