tom hawkins is the best key forward in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Last I heard, Franklin was a half forward flanker, so don't quite get the comparison :confused:

Must agree that Hawkins is currently the best KPF in the game.

Thus, Rance is currently the best KPD :thumbsu:

Holy shit, four more from one extra game? Wonder if Fatty Hawkins will get past 34 goals this year? After 84 games you'd expect better from a KPF.

nah those ones he stands there and hyper extends his arm out over the top with a little bit of extra reach, see him do this occasionally, no clue why their called contested marks, there simple marks with no pressure or hardness about them to mark, hawkins takes the pack crashing marks on the high leaps over a man on the run, franklin doesnt have the physical strength over his shoulders to do this

the only classified contested marks franklin gets are standing still and stretching taller then his defender, nothing impressive really,

point remains, franklin has no genuine marking strength in a pressured physical hard marking contest nor the ability to hold onto it, hawkins is the best in the AFL at it

also franklin relies too much on cherry picking

when the pressure is on and is close, how many strong marks and goals has franklin kicked? in all the close games against geelong, he has never done a thing in last quarters, look at hawkins grand final in 011, something franklin has never done

If Daniel Merritt was wearing the navy hoops he would have kicked the 3 that I saw, that's all I'm saying...

*******!

DAniel Merrett??? notsureifserious.....
A six goal effort in the dry is a fair effort, let alone in those conditions,
His counterpart at the other end the great J. Brown managed 1.1, and that was from a 50m penalty, to give you some perspective.
And he does it without giving selfish free kicks away.

nah those ones he stands there and hyper extends his arm out over the top with a little bit of extra reach, see him do this occasionally, no clue why their called contested marks, there simple marks with no pressure or hardness about them to mark, hawkins takes the pack crashing marks on the high leaps over a man on the run, franklin doesnt have the physical strength over his shoulders to do this

the only classified contested marks franklin gets are standing still and stretching taller then his defender, nothing impressive really,

point remains, franklin has no genuine marking strength in a pressured physical hard marking contest nor the ability to hold onto it, hawkins is the best in the AFL at it

also franklin relies too much on cherry picking

You would be a better judge of a contested mark than Champion Data...

p.s. your spelling as improved a little, but your punctuation is still about 4th grade standard.

The absolute greatest players of all time each share a very unique and profound trait.

What I am talking about is surges in their careers, which can last 4 or 5 games over a finals series, periods of seasons or whole seasons themselves.

In these times absolute champions of the game surge to unfathomable heights and ultimately lead their teams into ferocious Grand Final assaults, and inevitably many premierships.

These same players create other effects that can be witnessed in up and coming teams in history. Have a look at the self belief born in teams like the Kangaroos when Carey hit the scene, Geelong when Ablett went to the midfield, Judd at the Eagles or when Buddy arrived at the Hawks.

It is no coincidence all these teams went on to win premierships in this time.

Buddy Franklin had the best individual season in AFL history. That is a fact. I am not sure any of us will ever see a player play 25 odd games like we saw, and is the real reason Hawthorn won a premiership against one of the greatest teams of all time, when no one thought we had a chance.

But back to my point, the games greats surge in their form and hit those kinds of magical heights maybe two or three times in their careers, which more often than not, happens when it counts most.

To suggest that Hawkins is in this league, or even worse in the league of Buddy Franklin, is insulting to not only Buddy, but to all of the games greats.

I have always liked Hawkins, and often wondered why he was criticised so much by Geelong fans. He is a great player who has just played 5 or 6 really good games. At best though he will be remembered in the Stewart Lowe mould, or maybe and it is a big maybe, a Scott Lucas.

Buddy Franklin is a once in a generation player who inspired Hawthorn to a premiership against one of the most formidable opponents there could be.

We have only seen one chapter of a trilogy. Stay tuned and stop this ridiculous comparison with a good, even very good player in Hawkins.

I still get goosebumps remembering round 4, round 5, round 7, round 20 of 2008. It did not matter. Buddy was unbelievable and somehow we just knew he would lead us to a premiership.

Hawkins, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The absolute greatest players of all time each share a very unique and profound trait.

What I am talking about is surges in their careers, which can last 4 or 5 games over a finals series, periods of seasons or whole seasons themselves.

In these times absolute champions of the game surge to unfathomable heights and ultimately lead their teams into ferocious Grand Final assaults, and inevitably many premierships.

These same players create other effects that can be witnessed in up and coming teams in history. Have a look at the self belief born in teams like the Kangaroos when Carey hit the scene, Geelong when Ablett went to the midfield, Judd at the Eagles or when Buddy arrived at the Hawks.

It is no coincidence all these teams went on to win premierships in this time.

Buddy Franklin had the best individual season in AFL history. That is a fact. I am not sure any of us will ever see a player play 25 odd games like we saw, and is the real reason Hawthorn won a premiership against one of the greatest teams of all time, when no one thought we had a chance.

But back to my point, the games greats surge in their form and hit those kinds of magical heights maybe two or three times in their careers, which more often than not, happens when it counts most.

To suggest that Hawkins is in this league, or even worse in the league of Buddy Franklin, is insulting to not only Buddy, but to all of the games greats.

I have always liked Hawkins, and often wondered why he was criticised so much by Geelong fans. He is a great player who has just played 5 or 6 really good games. At best though he will be remembered in the Stewart Lowe mould, or maybe and it is a big maybe, a Scott Lucas.

Buddy Franklin is a once in a generation player who inspired Hawthorn to a premiership against one of the most formidable opponents there could be.

We have only seen one chapter of a trilogy. Stay tuned and stop this ridiculous comparison with a good, even very good player in Hawkins.

I still get goosebumps remembering round 4, round 5, round 7, round 20 of 2008. It did not matter. Buddy was unbelievable and somehow we just knew he would lead us to a premiership.

Hawkins, please.
8.................................is the magic number...

Do you know what "fact" means?

Whoopity ****in do Tomohawk played one good game before this season. How exactly did the best KPF in the game not average over 1.5 goals a game before this season? With arguably the best midfield since well the Lions.

Whoopity ****in do Tomohawk played one good game before this season. How exactly did the best KPF in the game not average over 1.5 goals a game before this season? With arguably the best midfield since well the Lions.
he is the best KPF right now. noone has said last year or of all time. this year. i know your still living in your prelim years of 97-98 and 08-10 but please come back to 2012

Loving the fear of everyone at the sight of Hawkins starting to tear the competition open. Looking forward to the big fella taking out the Coleman :D

tom hawkins is the best key forward in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back