tom hawkins is the best key forward in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin 25- 492 goals
Hawkins 24- 125 goals

Franklin has a great chance of becoming a great.Say if Franklin averages just 60 goals a season for say another 8 years. His kicked 972 goals give or take which would put him at 6 on the all time leaders. But as you said he is probably more 60-80 goal kicker so bump that up by 80 and he is up around 1052. Which would put him above Gary Ablett and just below Doug Wade. That in my mind has him as a great of the game, even at mid 900's you could argue a case for 'great' status.

Hawkins is at most a 50-70 goal kicker. So I will give him 70 goals a season for the next 9 years gives him a total of 685 give or take. No where near being a great. A great Geelong player maybe. League wide great no chance.

no he isnt a great if he doesnt help his team win premierships, too many flaws in his game which restrict him from being much more then just a solid contributor, hawkins has become the champion dominant monster forward of the game who takes strong high flying grabs and wins matches, franklin just has too many flaws and doesnt do enough when it counts

by the end of their careers hawkins will be remembered as the better player for his contribution and dominance up forward winning big games and controling the forward line, stuff franklin doesnt have the ability to do anymore

I heard Tubby Porkins snagged 6 sausage rolls against a shitty bottom 8 side today... onya Tubster!

Yeah I reckon this bloke is a real inspiration to fat bastards everywhere. Living proof you can be a fat piece of shit and still play footy with the best!

So when does Porkins guest star on The Biggest Loser?

his too busy right now creating contested mark highlights for lance franklin to try and learn from

no he isnt a great if he doesnt help his team win premierships, too many flaws in his game which restrict him from being much more then just a solid contributor, hawkins has become the champion dominant monster forward of the game who takes strong high flying grabs and wins matches, franklin just has too many flaws and doesnt do enough when it counts

by the end of their careers hawkins will be remembered as the better player for his contribution and dominance up forward winning big games and controling the forward line, stuff franklin doesnt have the ability to do anymore

Champion full forward.....Seriously Geelong supporters he kicked 6 goals. A guy that size and strength shouldn't take 5 years in one of the best teams of all time to start dominating. Hawkins is having a good period but let him maintain it over a year? 3 years? 5 years? before you start calling him a champion. Scott Cummings kicked 14 goals once. Was he a champion of the game in the late 90's? Not really.

Besides the best current KPF over a proven period of time is Travis Cloke. Franklin is a tall forward pocket. That's why its sometimes hard to match up on him.

Saw 3 of Hawks goals tonight..

1) a decent catch in the wet, kick from Pods put it right to his advantage did well to hold on...

2) Ball spewed out of a pack and was probably going through for a goal before Hawk chip scabbed it..

3) good contested mark 60m from goal, bullshit 50m penalty resulting in a soda that even Tomma couldn't miss..

What a waste of a post. Come back when you've watched the game.

we should make a youtube video called the best of the 6ft6 cherry picker, the highlight reel would be pushing 20 minutes of footage of goals kicked over the back uncontested, cherry picking at its best

something like that has been made.

[YOUTUBE]_1yg6G3QJgw[/YOUTUBE]

Can't rate him as a champion player, one sided, can't take a mark, he's just tall and quick and gets looked after by his teammates.

I heard Tubby Porkins snagged 6 sausage rolls against a shitty bottom 8 side today... onya Tubster!

Yeah I reckon this bloke is a real inspiration to fat bastards everywhere. Living proof you can be a fat piece of shit and still play footy with the best!

^^
For a skirt wearer you did good. Posssssst of the day.

You're just phoning it in now.

Comparing Bartel to Hodge was bad enough, but don't you flogs now start putting Hawkins and Franklin is the same sentence.

100% agree.

Bartel and Hawkins both perform in big games. The two Hawthorn players both stock up at KFC and one grimaces while the other gets shot by a sniper in the crowd. And having the oppisition kick the ball to you 20 times doesnt count as performing in big games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw 3 of Hawks goals tonight..

1) a decent catch in the wet, kick from Pods put it right to his advantage did well to hold on...

2) Ball spewed out of a pack and was probably going through for a goal before Hawk chip scabbed it..

3) good contested mark 60m from goal, bullshit 50m penalty resulting in a soda that even Tomma couldn't miss..

You only saw 3..? :confused:
How many did he kick again?

lol, what a fail of a post... :eek::thumbsu:

Comparing Bartel to Hodge was bad enough, but don't you flogs now start putting Hawkins and Franklin is the same sentence.

lol, classic hypocrisy considering you come out with gold like this quote below.

if Rioli can get his hamstrings right, he'll finish up a better footballer than Handball Jnr.

Nice one shepp... :eek::thumbsu:

You're just phoning it in now.

True.

But its so easy to counter your post with this

tubbyporkins.jpg

oh and I found a pic of Tom's mum

obesenvnb333.jpg

and his old man (who knew there was such a thing as belly button camel toe!?!)

C0106846-Obese_man,_USA-SPL.jpg

and his dog

veryfatdog.jpg

lol
Whoodo the Hawks usually play on him, again..???

Its okay we've got Shoenmakers on the Porkins diet now (12 pies a day... before breakfast) so he should be almost the same playing weight as Tubby by the time September rolls around. Can't wait to chew the fat with you guys over our next contest.

Can't wait to chew the fat with you guys over our next contest.

Seriously bro, do you purposely insist on giving yourself the homo veneer..?

The absolute greatest players of all time each share a very unique and profound trait.

What I am talking about is surges in their careers, which can last 4 or 5 games over a finals series, periods of seasons or whole seasons themselves.

In these times absolute champions of the game surge to unfathomable heights and ultimately lead their teams into ferocious Grand Final assaults, and inevitably many premierships.

These same players create other effects that can be witnessed in up and coming teams in history. Have a look at the self belief born in teams like the Kangaroos when Carey hit the scene, Geelong when Ablett went to the midfield, Judd at the Eagles or when Buddy arrived at the Hawks.

It is no coincidence all these teams went on to win premierships in this time.

Buddy Franklin had the best individual season in AFL history. That is a fact. I am not sure any of us will ever see a player play 25 odd games like we saw, and is the real reason Hawthorn won a premiership against one of the greatest teams of all time, when no one thought we had a chance.

But back to my point, the games greats surge in their form and hit those kinds of magical heights maybe two or three times in their careers, which more often than not, happens when it counts most.

To suggest that Hawkins is in this league, or even worse in the league of Buddy Franklin, is insulting to not only Buddy, but to all of the games greats.

I have always liked Hawkins, and often wondered why he was criticised so much by Geelong fans. He is a great player who has just played 5 or 6 really good games. At best though he will be remembered in the Stewart Lowe mould, or maybe and it is a big maybe, a Scott Lucas.

Buddy Franklin is a once in a generation player who inspired Hawthorn to a premiership against one of the most formidable opponents there could be.

We have only seen one chapter of a trilogy. Stay tuned and stop this ridiculous comparison with a good, even very good player in Hawkins.

I still get goosebumps remembering round 4, round 5, round 7, round 20 of 2008. It did not matter. Buddy was unbelievable and somehow we just knew he would lead us to a premiership.

Hawkins, please.

I think you'll find that Gary ablett's 1993 season would well and truly rival franklins '08. what did he kick? Something like 124 in about 17-18 games (from memory)

Though I didn't see them, Pratt and Hudson's 150's must have been pretty decent too. Dunstall booted 140ish once I believe. Just because he didn't dribble half of them from the goal square doesn't make it any less remarkable.

What are you? 12?

tom hawkins is the best key forward in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back