Toast Tom Hawkins To Retire

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d say the latter personally, haven’t seen any hints from him via the media or coaching but you never know
Might just be me, but I feel like Joel will be the one who ends up coaching, and Hawk ends up in the media.

Sounds ironic given where they both currently are, but just get the vibe that Joel's a coach in waiting, even if it's 10 years away.

Hawk's just got that natural charisma. You have to be a pretty bitter person to not like the guy, a bit like Richo, who I can see a parallel with.

Might just be me, but I feel like Joel will be the one who ends up coaching, and Hawk ends up in the media.

Sounds ironic given where they both currently are, but just get the vibe that Joel's a coach in waiting, even if it's 10 years away.

Hawk's just got that natural charisma. You have to be a pretty bitter person to not like the guy, a bit like Richo, who I can see a parallel with.
I don’t know I just see Hawkins spending more time with his family and the farm personally but you might be right in the end

Tom received good feedback from oppo supporters on here 4-5 weeks ago, when he was a guest panellist on fox footy's friday night game analysis of the Carlton v PA game.

Will miss Tommy.

I hope he gets to play one more game. Deserves to after all he’s done for the Cats.
Imagine if we got to GF and he kicked some goals it would be a fairytale ending for him all his teammates and for us…dreams sometimes do come true :)

If he's not fit to play round 24, the only way I see him breaking back into the team is if Cameron or Neale breakdown

Even in that scenario I wouldn't be surprised if they opted for the remaining KPF alongside Rohan & Henry

It's unfortunate for Hawkins, but come finals it'll be approaching 3 months since he last played - doubt he'd be anywhere close to match fit to be selected on his own accord, and as we've learnt from finals, it's just not worth taking underdone players into them

Will wait until the cat's are out of the finals before posting my last good bye's too the great man. Maybe something less formal to post today for his last goodbye at KP.

Tom plays his last game in the GF as the Cats again meet the Swans on the last day.
His 5 goals, 4 in the second half, were critical in a come from behind victory while also pushing him passed the amazing 800 goal mark.
Ends his fabled career as only the Cats second 4 time Premiership player alongside his great mate, the divine Joel Selwood.

A guy can wish, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Tom Hawkins To Retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back