Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like Connor Rozee as the next captain, he’s 24 he’s our best player and can win a game off his own boot.
Need someone other players can follow.
Rozelle is to nice a guy. Nice guys don't make good captains. Just look at P Cummins!

Wines is still too much of the Hinkley era. Houston would be a good Captain, but I'd rather a new coach go for Rozee or Butters, with SPP as VC, for a more clear line to be drawn under the current era of malaise. Houston would still be in my leadership group though.

My leadership group would be Captain Butters, VC SPP, plus Rozee, Houston, Marshall, JHF.

Wines is still too much of the Hinkley era. Houston would be a good Captain, but I'd rather a new coach go for Rozee or Butters, with SPP as VC, for a more clear line to be drawn under the current era of malaise. Houston would still be in my leadership group though.

My leadership group would be Captain Butters, VC SPP, plus Rozee, Houston, Marshall, JHF.

There isn't going to be a new coach. This is the new era of Hinkley players.

he's a poor man's Tom Logan let that sink in

There isn't going to be a new coach. This is the new era of Hinkley players.
Bit early to ascertain the best leader between Butters & Rozee; their time will come latter.

I vote for Dean Martin and the Going back to Houston song.
Where he has Captained all his junior Clubs

Well it's lonesome in this big Adelaide town where everybody puts us down
I'm a face without a name just walkin' in the rain
Going back to Houston, Houston, Houston.

kickng a guy why he is down is not on in my eyes. He has probably come to the end , but he gave his all, yes there have been more talented players who have represented the club, but he always put his body on the line.
Nothing to do with him being "down." I am angry with him, our coach, and our admins for allowing him to Captain past his due date. This situation was entirely foreseeable and avoidable, and should never have occurred!

You get what you deserve, and the above individuals deserve to be whacked!

Rozelle is to nice a guy. Nice guys don't make good captains. Just look at
Rozelle is to nice a guy. Nice guys don't make good captains. Just look at P Cummins!
Unfortunately the only reason Cummins got the gig was because he was a nice guy who wouldn’t upset anyone.
Rozee is a nice guy so was Cahill Ebert Cunningham Johnston Ginever Phillips Primus Boak etc

McKenzie's return, after recovering from an ankle sprain, has put captain Tom Jonas on the sidelines again.

"We are in a really healthy position with our medium-tall backs," Hinkley said. "Tom was aware of what would happen if Trent was available. He took it the way you would expect Tom to take it. He needs to continue to play well in the SANFL so that he keeps himself available ... we would still pick him if there is a need.

"Those in front of Tom have surprised with their development this year and have held him out of the team. Lachie Jones is an emerging young player. Miles Bergman. Tom is not dissimilar to them in size, we just ask him to play taller. Those boys have improved their game to a level that is significant and they deserve to play AFL."

Hinkley: Our players will rise to the opportunity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Those in front of Tom have surprised with their development this year"

lol what a cop out. Yes Miles and Jones are similar height wise, but we've always had a shockingly short defence. We should be talking about guys like Pasini here, not Jones/Bergman.

lol what a cop out. Yes Miles and Jones are similar height wise, but we've always had a shockingly short defence. We should be talking about guys like Pasini here, not Jones/Bergman.
Add to that, in Round 1 Bergman was on a Wing and Jones in the forward pocket

"We were surprised that two young players have gone past the 32yo guy that we've elected as our captain."

If you were surprised Kenneth, you haven't really been paying attention.

this young buck trent mckenzie who is 31 years old has really surprised us with his development this year

"We were surprised that two young players have gone past the 32yo guy that we've elected as our captain."

If you were surprised Kenneth, you haven't really been paying attention.
It's hard to see from down on the bench remember.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

BIG JOMMY TONAS STIFF THIS WEEK
8ee6ba45d45a03c9569feac17c6d1765

BIG JOMMY TONAS STIFF THIS WEEK
BLOODY WELL SAID. HIS OUR CAPTAIN AND EVERY PLAYER HAS UP AND DOWN PATCHES. IF PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SUPPORT. SKIPPER THEY SHOULD GO ND FOLLOW THE CROWS !!!!

Announce your retirement at seasons end you selfish ******* prick!
I looked at the first couple of pages, such nice words about his chances and being a good pick up.
Forward to 2017 and read about how he should be in the All Australian team.
Then I came to this page and read your views LOL!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back