Player Watch Pick #36 (2022) - Tom McCallum

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a great 3rd term with those 2 goals. Best signs we've seen from him yet. He had a few moments a couple weeks back and now a good 3rd here. There's something to work there with. Just not sure if it's ever going to be AFL level just yet. He might be doing just enough to play himself into a 1 year extension though.
Worth remembering that my boy McCallum was out for what, three months with and ankle infection?

It takes time to come back from injury, to build fitness consistency and confidence. Even more so in a team that is getting slaughtered.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both he and Marshall (who missed most of preseason with a back injury i think) are beginning to lift with the rest of the team.

I also wonder whether Hamish is also starting to come to grips with the requirements of the role?

Worth remembering that my boy McCallum was out for what, three months with and ankle infection?

It takes time to come back from injury, to build fitness consistency and confidence. Even more so in a team that is getting slaughtered.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both he and Marshall (who missed most of preseason with a back injury i think) are beginning to lift with the rest of the team.

I also wonder whether Hamish is also starting to come to grips with the requirements of the role?

Well said!
Its good to know at least some of us remember both McCallum and K. Marshall missed a good chunk of preseason and opening rounds of this season.

There is no doubt McCallum has been very disappointing so far but those two running goals were very impressive for his straight line attack on the ball, and the accuracy and length of the kicks, and will hopefully give him the confidence to go on with it and have a strong finish to the season.

Wonder if Mc Callum is taking some direction from watching Logan Evans and has decided to take the game on rather then focus on being just defensive. He was much more aggressive in his running and attack as a U18 player.

Needs to rip out the guitar riff from Sweet Child o' Mine to really win over the doubters ;)

Will get him a MMM sponsorship :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #36 (2022) - Tom McCallum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back