Opinion Tom Jonas will be a good captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Windy Cindy, you don't mind me asking.

You said some very strong words in your original post about how Jonas took not playing for the Power this weekend and you said basically came from a reliable source.

I asked you how reliable and you said very.

Now, Expat Power has put the torch to you and you've said nothing in defence.

You're not backing up your original intel?
Cant be bothered in an forum tit for tat mate to be honest.

Just posted some info from a very reliable source, EP is entitled to his opinion but i think you'll find that what ive been told is spot on, on media street he or the club will just be pulling the party line.

He's a proud bloke who would obviously be gutted to be dropped, especially after he probably played one of his better games for the seaso and he would be embarrassed as well.

backs up Expat’s version of events.

Expat's 'version of events' is nothing but a contrary position. He doesn't have any inside info and posting a podcast interview with Jonas doesn't dispel Windy's info. A public position and a private position is almost never aligned.

I will say OneGreatClub that Hinkley could be still running the show but listening to his assistants and implementing their ideas. Also, the board and Koch might have pushed certain agenda for change which he had to follow.
IMO, I think this is somewhere around the mark. Hinkley has lost a few assistants in past with them evidently not getting along with him. Word is that he doesnt tend to acquiesce to the views of his assistants. Something has def changed the last 9 matches, and its not just Carr either, I reckon he has handed more say in proceedings over to all the assistants.

Dont know the hows & whys, but it has been a 180 deg turn around.

either Hinkley had a lifechanging near-death experience 9 weeks ago which transformed his world view, or he's not doing as much on game day anymore, it's that simple

Dont know the hows & whys, but it has been a 180 deg turn around.

The why is because the pressure was escalated after the loss to the Crows.
The how is because the club applied that pressure directly to the coaching panel to make change.
The evidence is the Head Coach's shift to the boundary, and uncharacteristic selections/omissions, that occurred immediately after said pressure was applied.

The how is because the club applied that pressure directly to the coaching panel to make change.
The evidence is the Head Coach's shift to the boundary, and uncharacteristic selections/omissions, that occurred immediately after said pressure was applied.
Still all anecdotal though ... but nevertheless seems to fit what has, and is happening.

Maybe the old chairman of selectors has been reintroduced by Port. Sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's this position of authority was removed by all clubs and the coach got the final say. Definitely uncharacteristic selections/omissions have occurred this season vis-a-vis the last 10 seasons.

Almost a certainty to return with McKenzie's injury.

Lets be honest, has been average in the SANFL. Certainly didn't earn his spot back.

Will speak a lot about him in the coming weeks. Needs to be the hardest runner and show the most effort out there.

If he has to play then so be it.

But Wines should still remain the captain for the remainder of 2023 regardless of whether TJ is on the field or not.

Almost a certainty to return with McKenzie's injury.

Lets be honest, has been average in the SANFL. Certainly didn't earn his spot back.

Will speak a lot about him in the coming weeks. Needs to be the hardest runner and show the most effort out there.
Average is putting it nicely, being honest he has been poor.
We'd be better using a combination Bergman, Burton and Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back