Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Along with wowsers, you forgot we were talking about Langdon and thus we also needed a petty unrelated snipe.
Never understood the drive by snipes.

But each to their own.

There are 2 Tom Langdon's for sale - Grand Final Day Langdon, H&A Langdon. Take your pick, which is it you want?

Too right

Only got a go because of injury

Was offered a 1 year contract initially

( we were hoping )

Ahead of him in pecking order
Dunne Moore rough head Howe crisp Maynard sack

Limited in positional options

Kelly and murphy pushing

Greenwood treleor Adams options

Haven't even mentioned shaz
Haven't mentioned. Magden

Too right
Was offered a 1 year contract initially ( we were hoping )

Kelly and murphy pushing

I see you have changed your tune...…..interesting. :think:

Too right

Was offered a 1 year contract initially

( we were hoping )

Kelly and murphy pushing

Not done on your other thread....

So now we come to the Langdon thread.

That makes sense as it’s the Langdon thread.

Whilst you may not be appreciative of his finer talents, that’s ok, he’ll just have to make do on the coaching group’s support.

I see you have changed your tune...…..interesting. :think:

I remember the first time I heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit". All other tunes temporarily paled into insignificance in my mind at the time. 'Langdon Sucks' is Darkyprotector's Nirvana.

Anyone who plays a vaguely similar role to Langdon is vastly superior. Considering Adam Treloar's role appears to be vaguely similar, that basically means that everyone in the AFL is vastly superior.

It's like his hands have magnets, the footy just ends up in his mitts during marking contests. Similar to McGovern in a way, maybe a smaller version
Has terrific judgment in the air.

Looks effortless.

He’s imperious to looking busy. He is busy, but it just manifests itself in a laconic manner.

I'd go as far as saying he is more often one of our more important performers than not, whether he gets his dues or not.
He gets his dues at my house.
One of the first picked.
The new "Possum"

Langdon has come a long way. A long way. Hes always been a key interceptor but lacked in a lot of other areas. His spatial awareness has improved beyond my wildest dreams and he's beginning to develop a little bit of midfield flair in traffic. I'm not talking Pendlebury flair or anything, but the boy can move in traffic.
olPJ2Hy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langdon has come a long way. A long way. Hes always been a key interceptor but lacked in a lot of other areas. His spatial awareness has improved beyond my wildest dreams and he's beginning to develop a little bit of midfield flair in traffic. I'm not talking Pendlebury flair or anything, but the boy can move in traffic.
olPJ2Hy.gif

4 baulks in a row haha, I missed that.

olPJ2Hy.gif
Had number 34 going around in circles

olPJ2Hy.gif
Always disagreed with this concept as a long term Langdon fan. One thing he has always had is awareness. Think the idea came from especially in his 2nd and 3rd year he would hang onto the ball looking for the 2nd then 3rd option. Often enough he rushed his disposal but because of his awareness one thing that rarely happened was he got caught

What I reckon you see in the video is a maturing of that skill. Also helped by him being one of the quicker players so he can use toe when needed while looking laconic.

Always disagreed with this concept as a long term Langdon fan. One thing he has always had is awareness. Think the idea came from especially in his 2nd and 3rd year he would hang onto the ball looking for the 2nd then 3rd option. Often enough he rushed his disposal but because of his awareness one thing that rarely happened was he got caught

What I reckon you see in the video is a maturing of that skill. Also helped by him being one of the quicker players so he can use toe when needed while looking laconic.
GC you have always been a fan of Langdon.
I think you made a key pint that has stuck with me.
From year 1 he was being selected and considered by the cia he’s that he belongs in the team.

Now he’s that bit more experienced, he glides more comfortably.

He’s quite quick, has excellent judgment, especially in the air, and just looks a 200 plus game high value player.

From year 1 he was being selected and considered by the cia he’s that he belongs in the team.

He’s quite quick, has excellent judgment, especially in the air, and just looks a 200 plus game high value player.
Couldn’t have put it better. He has always looked long term. Named in young AA team both his 1st years. Think the MC could always see his worth

He's already a B+ player, needs to tidy up the one or two kicking errors he has a week and that'll be an A.

The thing that has endeared Langdon to me is that he defends by winning the ball. He came into the team at a time when Heater left and suddenly our defence had no real ball winners. It's what made us terrible against Hawthorn, the ball would hit the deck inside our defensive 50 and we'd get smoked by their smalls.

The brilliant thing now is I'd say only Roughead in the current backline isn't a ball winner.

He's good, but I've always been intrigued by the CIAs interest in Langdon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back