Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked him in 2014/2015 then went cold on him in 2016/17 and then loved him last year

Fickle:p

I've always loved him, but last year really confirmed how important he is to a functioning and successful back 6. He is part of that chemistry, that gelling of - as we were told repeatedly in 2018 - an undermanned, undersized, and injury riddled defence which helped take us to within a kick of a flag.

Thank God we retained him.

SV has been caught with the hem of his pants wrapped like a bracelet around his ankles.
As long as the files named

“Bear”

“Berger Boy”

“Silky Wells”

are never released, I should escape safely any prosecution.

Phew.

love Langdon, some here wrote him off and some wanted him out but the guy can play just needed to be surrounded by a competitive team, not all players are leaders.... dont think Langdon is a leader type... but he's a heck of a player. He's playing to his potential that he has shown in his first couple of seasons

A key player out back and so happy he's signed long term

love Langdon, some here wrote him off and some wanted him out but the guy can play just needed to be surrounded by a competitive team, not all players are leaders.... dont think Langdon is a leader type... but he's a heck of a player. He's playing to his potential that he has shown in his first couple of seasons

A key player out back and so happy he's signed long term
Then again he has been placed in the young leadership group at Collingwood the last 2 seasons so internally they see leadership potential

Langdon has come a long way. A long way. Hes always been a key interceptor but lacked in a lot of other areas. His spatial awareness has improved beyond my wildest dreams and he's beginning to develop a little bit of midfield flair in traffic. I'm not talking Pendlebury flair or anything, but the boy can move in traffic.
olPJ2Hy.gif
He was always able to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He plays amazing last quarters when the heat is on.

He made a Huge Play late in the Game that Saved a Goal.

To me he is Frustrating. He can do some Brilliant things and Also some Non-Brilliant Things

Interesting player. Getting better all the time which is what you want. Makes some pivitol plays but does some lame things though.

Has been pretty good over the last couple weeks. He’s hardly been kicking the ball with 5,6 and 3 kicks over the last 3 weeks. Wonder if he’s slightly injured?

Was seething at that free that was given to Bagley. Langers had done a great job to body him and Bagley actually had hold of this jumper. It should have been play on. Anyway hope he continues to play well.

He was superb again yesterday as he has been all year to date. The big improvement this season thus far is he has stopped the dicky half-kick across ground that resulted in a direct turnover and goal.

He's been superb in the second half of games for 18 months. The big difference this year is that he's changed his pre-game routine and no longer indulges in a bucket bong before the first bounce. It used to take a quarter for its effects to wear off.

Thought Langers played a blinder today. A very underrated player, and one of the best marks in the game. We have a couple of reasonable marks... That Howe bloke isn't bad, Langers, Elliot, Moore, Brodes, Checkers, WHE Even Coxy is becoming rather good... We don't just have the best list, the best mids, the best ruck, the best Mark, the best young guys, and the best kids waiting to come through. I'm telling ya, put a lazy 5 on us to win the next 3 flags, should pay alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back