Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Too tall to play small, too small to play tall. Too weak to play on anyone with muscle, too inefficient to play intercept and rebound. He really is just making up the numbers out. There's nothing to work with here.

Good to see youve come around.

The ultimate laconic guy.
Maybe that’s why he doesn’t panic when the heat is on.
Just keeps playing and doing well without manic worry.

I likes.

The ultimate laconic guy.
Maybe that’s why he doesn’t panic when the heat is on.
Just keeps playing and doing well without manic worry.

I likes.

I likes too.

When the heat goes on his intensity levels go from a little to cold to just right, whereas the vast majority go from just right to too hot. The good news is that he appears to have warmed up his beginning intensity level.

Interesting player. Getting better all the time which is what you want. Makes some pivitol plays but does some lame things though.

As you'd expect. Not yet 25 and still sub 100 games, his best and most consistent footy should still be ahead of him.

I have always thought Langdon to be an average player...……he seems to be trending towards a "good" average player now.
He definitely has scope to even surpass that.

I like his thinking with this quote below.

I have always thought Langdon to be an average player...……he seems to be trending towards a "good" average player now.

Give him a big game, or the last quarter of a close game and he's a very good player. But seems to struggle to always have his concentration and intensity up, getting better at it though.

He’s a very good player, and a massive part of our high performance back line.

Pfft, good average player.

Can you spell, I was wrong?

Go back and check on pages 30-40 of this thread and you should be embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a recent article the age is running with 3 weeks. Not sure if they’re guessing or have the inside scoop.

Well I'd be delighted but that does sound optimistic.

In a recent article the age is running with 3 weeks. Not sure if they’re guessing or have the inside scoop.

If they are trialling the conservative approach, 3 weeks sounds about right, but if it hasn't progressed he will end up having an operation and miss the season, at which point this board will go into meltdown.

Fingers crossed for the best outcome in that case. Langers out for the season would be a real blow. He has slowly but surely become a very good player for us, particularly since last years finals series.

I've seen him at training when I passed recently but he didn't stay out long with the group after doing a little bit of running and he had a big bandage on his right knee. So he is definitely still alive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back