Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Never understood the hate for Langdon. His first two years were superb in an under siege backline, his next two were injury riddled. And in 2018 he was our standout medium sized defender. Love the guy to bits.

I'm finding it harder to find players/coaches to hate. I used to pour all my hate into Buckley but it's becoming increasingly difficult. Langdon wasn't really one of my favourites to hate but I can certainly feel some sympathy for those wanting to find someone to vent on. I remember the good ol days with bucks, the irish boys, shae mac...i could go on and on. Magic times.

Now I'm left with adam oxley....and i'm nervous that wont be for long.

I'm finding it harder to find players/coaches to hate. I used to pour all my hate into Buckley but it's becoming increasingly difficult. Langdon wasn't really one of my favourites to hate but I can certainly feel some sympathy for those wanting to find someone to vent on. I remember the good ol days with bucks, the irish boys, shae mac...i could go on and on. Magic times.

Now I'm left with adam oxley....and i'm nervous that wont be for long.

I had been feeling for you in regards to the obvious ‘player to pot’ this season but I feel given the Magpies added another ‘almost premiers’ to their incredibly long list, I thought you could take aim at the club as a whole. All is not lost. You just need to keep your eyes on the ball... like Schuey in a GF.

I think that its extremely interesting that despite the interest from all clubs in feeding off the GWS carcass during this cap related fire sale..........................that nobody has shown any appetite for Patton.

Agree, avoid.

Also agree re Scully. Although with the new 6-6-6 rules, hard running wingers will come back into fashion as a little understood part of this rule is that the wingers must start ON THE WING and not behind or forward of the ball. So Scully's value increases. We already have Phillips Sidebottom and probably Stephenson for this sort of position so are well placed for gut runners but I cant see why HAwthorn are going to get Scully so cheap. He should be just what every club needs.
I presume the Hawks can accomodate his salary which GWS need to offload and that's tied into the trade price (juts my guess). Otherwise I agree it's dirt cheap. I don't know what North wouldn't be all over him given what they offered Polak. Maybe the injury is a factor.

I had been feeling for you in regards to the obvious ‘player to pot’ this season but I feel given the Magpies added another ‘almost premiers’ to their incredibly long list, I thought you could take aim at the club as a whole. All is not lost. You just need to keep your eyes on the ball... like Schuey in a GF.

I thank you for your concern but we still have daniel wells... although it's always hard to blame someone for losses when they're not playing

I thank you for your concern but we still have daniel wells... although it's always hard to blame someone for losses when they're not playing

I wouldn’t let that stop you. There’s also the likes of McLarty and Lynch, hanging around in the twos and taking up space. Just because they are young and raw, they shouldn’t be protected from venomous attacks. You just need to try harder.

Why is Tom’s man bun filled with mirth

And Brodie’s filled with no comments?

Just musing this aloud ?

Whilst everyone is marveling at Brodie making it to Everest base camp, Tom and Ed have just quietly ascended 600m meters higher to the top of Mt Kilimanjaro. Well done lads.

Our man buns are really scaling some heights. I wonder how altitude impacts a man bun.

Whilst everyone is marveling at Brodie making it to Everest base camp, Tom and Ed have just quietly ascended 600m meters higher to the top of Mt Kilimanjaro. Well done lads.

True, but it takes longer to Everest BC therefore you spend more time living at high altitudes which is the body breaker. Everest BC trip also has more undulating climbs but the last part of K is a climb more difficult than those to Everest BC.
Both feats are remarkable achievements but I think Brodie will have experienced a more taxing journey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but it takes longer to Everest BC therefore you spend more time living at high altitudes which is the body breaker. Everest BC trip also has more undulating climbs but the last part of K is a climb more difficult than those to Everest BC.
Both feats are remarkable achievements but I think Brodie will have experienced a more taxing journey

Actually, in terms of altitude sickness the longer it takes you to reach the height, the safer it is and less likely that you will negative affects associated with high altitude. It's quick ascents that increase the risk of altitude sickness.

Having climbed Kilimanjaro last year, I can attest to the difficulty with altitude. We attempted the Rongai route from the north. 5 nights up, 1 night climbing, then 1 night down.

I suffered from altitude sickness, feeling it first just before reaching Mawenzi Tarn and then battling it across Kibo saddle. After a quick sleep, I felt better when beginning the ascent to Gilman's Point. But it quickly became an absolute nightmare. Two guides stuck with me as I struggled up the mountain through the night.
I managed to reach Gilman's (5,681m, 300m higher than Everest BC) just as the sun rose, but was then turned around by the guides back to camp. They very nearly forced me all the way back down the mountain.
Determination was the only thing that kept me going, but in the end even that wasn't enough.

What made it worse was I had some Diamox (high altitude meds) with me, but I didn't take any at all. Stupid.

Well done to Tom and Ed for making it all the way! A wonderful achievement and something I'm sure they'll remember forever.
Grats also to Brodie for making it to Everest BC. Also an incredible achievement.

Looking forward to my return to Kili. I will make it all the way next time. Everest BC is also in my sights!

Isn’t it more vertical climbing from start to finish of Kilimanjaro than it is from BC to summit of Everest. I’m sure I read that somewhere.

Well done, now GTF back down safely, that’s some seriously dangerous shit ypu’re getting up to there. Australian dude only just died climbing in the Himalayas.

Fantastic by the boys.

These activities must be so good for them overall.
Peaceful.
Engaging.
Majestic views.
Perspective.

Makes them more rounded I reckon as people.

(Ps cue: wowsers to fuss over their safety.
PPS “Donvanorean” wasn’t there, they’ll be fine.)

Climbed a a big arse mountain. So what! Couldnt tap through goals and kill the ball in first Q in the GF. All the momemtum in th ee world, and this bloke with his usual brain farts gives the Eagles a sniff. ****ing Langdon.

Fantastic by the boys.

These activities must be so good for them overall.
Peaceful.
Engaging.
Majestic views.
Perspective.

Makes them more rounded I reckon as people.

(Ps cue: wowsers to fuss over their safety.
PPS “Donvanorean” wasn’t there, they’ll be fine.)

Along with wowsers, you forgot we were talking about Langdon and thus we also needed a petty unrelated snipe.

Climbed a a big arse mountain. So what! Couldnt tap through goals and kill the ball in first Q in the GF. All the momemtum in th ee world, and this bloke with his usual brain farts gives the Eagles a sniff. ******* Langdon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back