Recommitted Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on Lynch. If he wants to move for a premiership then this year is a good time to do it. The premiers have 2 * first rounders. They can trade those for a low pick, + next years and GC get pretty decent compo. And Lynch gets to play with the current best (not saying anything about 2018). He'd probably make the Tigers favorites to twopeat.

But if he isn't so after immediate success then wait a year. See what happens at GC - plenty of talent there. And if he doesn't like it still, he gets to go around again as above.

I can see GC thinking hard about it if they were offered suitable compensation. It'd hurt them immediately, but perhaps strengthen them long term.

He would easily be worth 2 x top 10 draft picks and probably a player on top of that. Might change Carltons mind on Bryce Gibbs if they get a decent offer and package that up with pick #3.
Cant see how it would be at all possible to land at the tigers. we can all dream though!

All depends on Lynch. If he wants to move for a premiership then this year is a good time to do it. The premiers have 2 * first rounders. They can trade those for a low pick, + next years and GC get pretty decent compo. And Lynch gets to play with the current best (not saying anything about 2018). He'd probably make the Tigers favorites to twopeat.

But if he isn't so after immediate success then wait a year. See what happens at GC - plenty of talent there. And if he doesn't like it still, he gets to go around again as above.

I can see GC thinking hard about it if they were offered suitable compensation. It'd hurt them immediately, but perhaps strengthen them long term.
How could you fit a 2nd million dollar players on your list? He would be worth every bit as much as Martin - if not more on the open market.

Last edited:
Rumours appear to still be swirling around that Lynch may be traded during this period. Theres been scuttlebutt that Richmond have been chasing him hard but I just dismissed due to the AFL talk of an "Ambassadors Roll" :rolleyes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/dee64f0d6b61dde3ce03442306c1440c

You can understand it, given the AFL's corrupt nature, and that if Lynch leaves GC they may as well almost pack up shop.

Collingwood have also been linked to him recently. And Jon Ralph also started stirring the pot on SEN this morn and in an article.

WHY TOM LYNCH IS PROBABLY LEAVING GOLD COAST

Tom Lynch has told friends he is probably out of Gold Coast next year given he is desperate for success and wouldn’t mind coming home.

The problem for new coach Stuart Dew is that he probably only has 11 weeks to convince him to stay, on the time line already but on the record by manager Paul Connors.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=298d7e7e38618bc25b73d98c8dedf102-1507682411

Clearly he is one of the hottest properties in the AFL.

Thoughts?

No hope unfortunately, Gold Coast will match any offer and will make

This is the worst thread on big footy!

Quite the honour.

Alas, I am but a mere conduit relaying the informed opinions of highly respected former Hawthorn list manager Chris 'the Pelican' Pelchen to the good people at Bigfooty.

How could you fit a 2nd million dollar players on your list? He would be worth every bit as much as Martin - if not more on the open market.

Front load, backload, Maric, Elton, Morris, Hunt, Yarran, Deledio's part payment, all off the books this year.
See what transpires with Miles, Lloyd, maybe even Batchelor & Lennon. None are on big money but it all adds up.
Lynch and rookie upgrades & new kids recruited fill the rest of the list spots.
Puma can kick in a chunk as well. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Tigers fans when they say they have salary cap flexibility, no one else outside the big four + Prestia would be on more than $450k in 2017 I imagine, but surely they don't have that much flexibility that they can afford another $1,100,000+ per year player.

I think Carlton, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast will be the teams well into him until he makes a decision. Hopefully one of Carlton and the Dogs can get Schache to aid our chances.

lol
You couldn't afford to trade for him, let alone pay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back