Remove this Banner Ad

The Worpedo

Rookie
Aug 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is Tom Lynch potentially up for grabs?
With a possible clean out at Richmond.
Would of thought he would be a great fit at Melbourne but now with Petracca potentially leaving and houston talks cooling off, where else would be a good fit?
What is he worth?

Can't see him leaving. Some rubbish article from Barrett, thats say clubs wouldn't need to pay much as they'd take on all his salary.

Who does Barrett think we are paying our salary cap to in 2025!! Certainly wouldn't be some sort of salary dump like he is making out.

I don't see the Tigers doing it without a good pick involved, and I can't see any other club paying a good pick for him based on his injury history over the last couple of years.

Just doesn't seem to make sense all round.

I've said this before, but I just don't see what benefit this would be to Richmond.

They'd be selling him at an absolute low point (essentially missed 2 years with injury) so they'd get very little for him - significant unders, really.

I can certainly see another club having what would basically be a free hit, but why would Richmond do it?

I've said this before, but I just don't see what benefit this would be to Richmond.

They'd be selling him at an absolute low point (essentially missed 2 years with injury) so they'd get very little for him - significant unders, really.

I can certainly see another club having what would basically be a free hit, but why would Richmond do it?
Don't worry, Caro was running the line last ight that he's worth a first rounder if Richmond foot most of the bill.

In fact, everyone considering leaving Richmond is worth a top 10 pick apparently, with the exception of graham, who's supposedly going to net them a low 2nd via FA.

Delusional.

Don't worry, Caro was running the line last ight that he's worth a first rounder if Richmond foot most of the bill.

In fact, everyone considering leaving Richmond is worth a top 10 pick apparently, with the exception of graham, who's supposedly going to net them a low 2nd via FA.

Delusional.
Is she also the one pushing the "3 first rounders for Bolton" and "Dimma will personally intervene and ensure Suns pay monumental overs for Rioli because he loves his old club so much" lines?

Its not a free hit if his contract is backended, none of the top clubs can afford the 1.5 he is apparently owed next year anyway. As you say we arent going to trade him for unders and pay most of his contract as well. So no chance anything happens here.

Lynch on $1.5million next season.
Would only really suit Melbourne who desperately require a decent forward.
I can’t see it happening but the only way possible Is Richmond pay his wage next season and get Melbourne’s pick 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch on $1.5million next season.
Would only really suit Melbourne who desperately require a decent forward.
I can’t see it happening but the only way possible Is Richmond pay his wage next season and get Melbourne’s pick 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
FMD, pick 5 for a constantly injured 32 year old that is getting paid $1.5m and has played only 8 games over the past 2 years.

I know my club us toxic, but if they gave up pick 5 for Lynch supporters would burn the MCG stands down.

FMD, pick 5 for a constantly injured 32 year old that is getting paid $1.5m and has played only 8 games over the past 2 years.

I know my club us toxic, but if they gave up pick 5 for Lynch supporters would burn the MCG stands down.

If he was in AA form the past two years and hadn't missed a game, it would still be a massive stretch to do that deal. If we were paying two years full contract I guess maybe, it would be a good way to value how much salary paid would be worth that high a pick.

If he wants the cash he will stay at tiger land but he will move if he wants another chance at glory.

ONly way i see this happening is if a team like Melbourne/Collingwood decide he is the missing piece and want to trade a F1 with a 2nd rounder this year coming back and Richmond paying 50% of Lunch's 2025 salary

Cant imagine melbourne giving up #5 unless they get back a 1st rounder back this year

I can't see him leaving. other clubs would be interested but only for cheap & Richmond wouldn't want that they rather keep him at this stage of his career.

He is a star but he hasn't really played more than a hand full of games in 2 years.
He has a massive contract that not any contenders could pay for and no non contender would bother to pick up because he only has a few years left. So if he is moving its to a contender and I see Richmond pretty much paying most of his contract. He then becomes a slightly viable.

so whats the trade. So there is a big risk that he does nothing for the next 2 years but he could also kick 50 goals a season. For me the fair price is a pick around 20-25. But maybe Richmond don't need another pick in that range.

He is a star but he hasn't really played more than a hand full of games in 2 years.
He has a massive contract that not any contenders could pay for and no non contender would bother to pick up because he only has a few years left. So if he is moving its to a contender and I see Richmond pretty much paying most of his contract. He then becomes a slightly viable.

so whats the trade. So there is a big risk that he does nothing for the next 2 years but he could also kick 50 goals a season. For me the fair price is a pick around 20-25. But maybe Richmond don't need another pick in that range.
If Richmond are paying a chunk of salary a pick 25 would not appeal and we would rather his experience and leadership around the club with so many departures,

Pies/Dee's F1 would be the pick the tigers would take with 60%-70% of his 2025 salary
would be a great fit for the 2 sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Lynch [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back