Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

If he were to be traded, what would Hawthorn get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no sign and never has been a sign of his displeasure at Clarko.
Tom being open to a trade was all over the media early in the year, and I know for a fact that it had legs.

Tom being open to a trade was all over the media early in the year, and I know for a fact that it had legs.
From what I have heard about it, it's money driven. We front loaded his contract (whilst he was injured), and he's simply looking for opportunities to either use other clubs so we bump up his last couple of years (even though we've paid well ahead already), or will request a trade to a club that will pay more.

Yep, all of that.

I think they would fly straight back into the top 2 and possibly win the flag if they were to add Tom.
He's a prolific ball winner all over the ground, and if he's giving it to their better ball users like Martin, Bolton, Lambert and Short, Richmond would be damn near unstoppable.

Tom likes $$$$

Do Richmond have the cap space to pay him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom likes $$$$

Do Richmond have the cap space to pay him?
Maybe, but we would be able to pay some of his contract in order to get a better pick in return.

Maybe, but we would be able to pay some of his contract in order to get a better pick in return.
They might be after the GCS late first rounder for CCJ and some other swaps. That will load them with 3x firsts if they got it done.
Would be happy to pay some salary for two of their first 😝😝😝

This bloke just jumps at the next highest bidder, was ridiculously overpaid (~500k) just to get his signature then leaves in the end for more money.
Hilarious, you guys weren't even playing him in the 1sts lol why would he not leave.

You sound salty that he won a brownlow medal soon after he left you guys.

Hilarious, you guys weren't even playing him in the 1sts lol why would he not leave.

You sound salty that he won a brownlow medal soon after he left you guys.

Why do people peddle this?

Mitchell played every game in 2016 (was one of the Swans best in the GF) and 19 games in 2015 after missing the first 4. He was well and truly best 22.

He left because Sydney had Kennedy (28), Hannebery (25) and Parker (24) and didn't want to prioritise him over those guys. Hawthorn had Sam Mitchell (34), Lewis (30), Hodge (32) and Brad Sewell had already retired. It was an ideal landing spot to be a #1/#2 mid and a pretty fair trade in terms of Hawthorn having a first round pick around his value. It was very similar to Josh Kennedy moving to Sydney in the first place, but he was less established at that time.

If Sydney had a crystal ball they would've got rid of Dan Hannebery and kept Mitchell but in 2016 no one would have suggested that because he was a 25 year B2B AA with no injury history. They also could've not gone after Kurt Tippett at the end of 2012 but Mitchell hadn't even debuted at that stage.

Given where the Hawks cap is at might as well pay heaps of his salary to push up the pick.
Yes. I can see us doing that.

This bloke just jumps at the next highest bidder, was ridiculously overpaid (~500k) just to get his signature then leaves in the end for more money.
The Sydney offer to him was not even serious, coming off his 2016 he deserved to get paid more than the Swans offered him.

He also lived up to the contract once he moved as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

Back