Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

If he were to be traded, what would Hawthorn get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Hawthorn would take anything in the first round for him. Mainly because they’re a young rebuilding side.

Those first round picks are like ******* gold when you’re rebuilding. Very hard to get hold of and very hard to pass up.

He’s 28 and hasn’t been the same since the injury, which is understandable, it was a massive one.

Pretty good deal I reckon… got him in, got a couple of great years (17 and 18 will be the best of his career), then if he left and they could get the same price they paid and flip it into a kid in the first round of the draft… pretty good outcome.
Nah, he's getting back to his best just now, after the horrific leg break.
Number 1 ball winner in the comp is worth a top 10 pick, if old mate Saad was worth pick 8. Plus Tom is contracted.
We wouldn't trade him for anything less.
Club would be keen to keep him anyway.

Nah, he's getting back to his best just now, after the horrific leg break.
Number 1 ball winner in the comp is worth a top 10 pick, if old mate Saad was worth pick 8. Plus Tom is contracted.
We wouldn't trade him for anything less.
Club would be keen to keep him anyway.
Yeah i am in the keep him camp now unless a club comes hard to pry him out. He was okay earlier in the year but just no where near 2018 Tom.

This past 4 weeks he has been

39 and a goal
28 and a goal
34 and a goal
44 and a goal

His clearance numbers are getting back to where you want them to be as well. I think it is just as much getting over his shoulder injury as his leg injury.

Our offer was reported to be between 600-650. Sydney’s offer was supposedly around the $450 mark. Fairly insulting offer after having a pretty good year and seeing what they were paying some of the other guys
Sydney's offer was much less than 450k - just under 300k. $1.4m over 5 years was their final offer.

I have warmed to the idea of Mitchell at RFC, but given his age I wouldnt want to use draft picks.

Do we have any young players that could fill a need at the Hawks that would work in a trade and be part of their next challenge?

I have warmed to the idea of Mitchell at RFC, but given his age I wouldnt want to use draft picks.

Do we have any young players that could fill a need at the Hawks that would work in a trade and be part of their next challenge?
I guess we could hand over Eggmolesse 🤷🏼‍♂️

CCJ or RCD.

I doubt Richmond would give up either, and I think if this trade was to eventuate it would be for one of your firsts with Hawks paying some salary.

CCJ or RCD.

I doubt Richmond would give up either, and I think if this trade was to eventuate it would be for one of your firsts with Hawks paying some salary.

There are rumors RCD wants it. I would do that trade and in fact mentioned it on our board this morning

There are rumors RCD wants it. I would do that trade and in fact mentioned it on our board this morning
That is a hard pass for me, would need more. RCD is a decent young player but hasn't shown any where near enough for me.

We are looking to rebuild and need picks, i get why you wouldn't want to do it but without that i see no reason for us to consider it.

That is a hard pass for me, would need more. RCD is a decent young player but hasn't shown any where near enough for me.

We are looking to rebuild and need picks, i get why you wouldn't want to do it but without that i see no reason for us to consider it.

Picks that would be used to draft young players? Thats why I asked of we had any young players of interest, takes the draft risk out of it for you. That said, I agree RCD hasnt shown heaps yet but can you draft a better player with the potential pick?

Picks that would be used to draft young players? Thats why I asked of we had any young players of interest, takes the draft risk out of it for you. That said, I agree RCD hasnt shown heaps yet but can you draft a better player with the potential pick?
I think we back ourselves in to draft a better player, if it was RCD or keeping Tom i would just prefer to keep him.

I doubt Mitchell is going anywhere, with our midfield finally starting to work as a unit and Tom putting together his best few months of footy since the Brownlow there is 0% chance we would want to let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Clarko going I think Mitchell will stay to see how 2022 plays out with the Hawks before seeking out. He'll have a year left on his contract and at 29 he may be able to score 2-3 years from another club.

Considering he is contracted for 2023 as well, he won't be leaving unless is mutually beneficial.
He'll resign after that too i suspect. He's a gun, loves it here.

Only way i see him leaving if it's Sam who asks him and it benefits Hawthorn in the trade and Tom gets to go where he wants. (Highly hypothetical.)

Very interesting situation Hawks on the rebuild will still take another 2 years, could see the Tigers make a godfather and think it would prick the Hawks ears.

Very interesting situation Hawks on the rebuild will still take another 2 years, could see the Tigers make a godfather and think it would prick the Hawks ears.
What do you define as a God father offer? I'd be shocked if we offered up more than a 2nd Round pick.

Hardwick has already said we'll be hitting the draft hard. I think we'll take both 1st round picks to the draft and try package up the others for another one.

While I think he'd be a good addition to our side I just cant see a deal getting done.

What do you define as a God father offer? I'd be shocked if we offered up more than a 2nd Round pick.

Hardwick has already said we'll be hitting the draft hard. I think we'll take both 1st round picks to the draft and try package up the others for another one.

While I think he'd be a good addition to our side I just cant see a deal getting done.
Tigers are in their window now and given the many young players at the club not sure if draft picks are needed over an established star it would include at least the last 1st rd pick 19 or something plus a 2nd rounder.

Tigers are in their window now and given the many young players at the club not sure if draft picks are needed over an established star it would include at least the last 1st rd pick 19 or something plus a 2nd rounder.
That ain't a godfather offer, and would be a quick No from us.

If a 2nd rounder is your best, you're getting the door slammed in your face and water balloons thrown at you from the top window while being laughed at by Ronald McDonald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

Back