Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

a year ago we tried to trade him and there was no interest.. the same with O'Meara and Wingard..a year on and all 3 are worth a lot less..Breust was the only one that we had a great offer for (GWS), but he decided to stay loyal with us..

Mitchell was average this season at best..his numbers look ok because of how bad our midfield unit was as a whole. Bottom 3 midfield in the comp. He had some really good games but overall had no influence on the team..he will be lucky to finish top 5 in our best and fairest this season. Sicily, Newcombe, Moore, Hardwick, Lewis and even O'Meara all had better season's and more influence on the team this season
Wingard got an offer last year of a mid to late first from GWS, pick 15 i believe.

Titch had no interest cause we asked for a top 10 pick.

Average, no.

No influence? Wrong.

He will finish 5th in our B&F.

O'Meara didn't have a better year, don't be foolish, Lewis missed too many games.

He averaged 28 touches, 13 contested, 5 clearances while playing out of position, his contested possession rate % was as good as it was in 2018 and he averaged similar score involvement numbers (goal assist also), he had a pretty good year and did it playing out of position, he'll get full mid time at Collingwood or a new club and we'd ask for a late first or early 2nd, we'd get this through some salary being paid also.

Joins a huge number of Brownlow medalists who end up jumping ship.

Kind of felt like Sam Mitchell was trying to subtly undermine him and his spot in the team fairly often this year. Throwing him all around the field, starting him on the bench.

Clearly not the player he once was but his 2021 was very impressive and he’s still a hard worker, leader and good for 25-30 a game. More a pure link player though.

Pies would make sense.
Pure link? His inside game is still elite, it's a part of his game he never lost due to his broken leg, despite losing lateral movement/quickness.

He'd be worth a late first/early 2nd and it'd be a win win for most clubs who'd go after him, because he's still a very good player, playing out of position and he still performed to a pretty high level.

Wingard got an offer last year of a mid to late first from GWS, pick 15 i believe.

Titch had no interest cause we asked for a top 10 pick.

Average, no.

No influence? Wrong.

He will finish 5th in our B&F.

O'Meara didn't have a better year, don't be foolish, Lewis missed too many games.

He averaged 28 touches, 13 contested, 5 clearances while playing out of position, his contested possession rate % was as good as it was in 2018 and he averaged similar score involvement numbers (goal assist also), he had a pretty good year and did it playing out of position, he'll get full mid time at Collingwood or a new club and we'd ask for a late first or early 2nd, we'd get this through some salary being paid also.
You’re snarling in the Ollie Henry thread when Pies supporters are asking for quality return for him, and you’re here asking for a first round pick for a player who’s best is behind him and who’ll be close to 30 by Round 1 next year?

You sound like a stereotypical Collingwood supporter lol

You’re snarling in the Ollie Henry thread when Pies supporters are asking for quality return for him, and you’re here asking for a first round pick for a player who’s best is behind him and who’ll be close to 30 by Round 1 next year?

You sound like a stereotypical Collingwood supporter lol
I was in the Ollie Henry thread cause someone asked for Pick 6 in return for him, when he's still probaly valued around where he was drafted. (Pick 17), with maybe slight improvements.

Yes i am asking for a late first or early 2nd because it's why he's worth, obviously this accounts for the salary we'd pay.

And his best is behind him, it's hard to get back to his 2018 best, but he'd get to a very high level again, just last year when he last played high levels of mid time he was top 10 in the brownlow and was one of the best mids in the comp post bye.

He's someone who can play later into his 30s because of how well he looks after his body aswell, despite the freak injuries he's had with his shoulder and broken leg.

We did, but Mitchell wasn't as keen as he is now and we asked for more, think we asked for a top 10 pick.
Don’t think we asked for anything, he didn’t want to go so we didn’t get to that point

Yep…a lot of our supporters are going to get a rude shock when we end up getting pick 25-35 for him. Many of them still think he’s worth pick 15-25…more chance of us finishing top 2 next season.

He had a average season, not all his fault as he was played out of position. Take pick 30ish and move on.
I think almost all Hawks fans expect something in that range

I was in the Ollie Henry thread cause someone asked for Pick 6 in return for him, when he's still probaly valued around where he was drafted. (Pick 17), with maybe slight improvements.

Yes i am asking for a late first or early 2nd because it's why he's worth, obviously this accounts for the salary we'd pay.

And his best is behind him, it's hard to get back to his 2018 best, but he'd get to a very high level again, just last year when he last played high levels of mid time he was top 10 in the brownlow and was one of the best mids in the comp post bye.

He's someone who can play later into his 30s because of how well he looks after his body aswell, despite the freak injuries he's had with his shoulder and broken leg.
You’re not getting a late first rounder/early second for him, and if you do, you’re giving back something decent in the draft with Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I mean. It was silly to be so greedy this time last season for him.

Mitchell would have happily joined the tigers then.

Was nice to see him get outplayed by sonsie
He didn't get outplayed by Sonsie, and he also isn't a similar player or close to it.

That's quite irrelevant.

Don’t think we asked for anything, he didn’t want to go so we didn’t get to that point
Nah, he was open to a trade and we set the bar too high, it was recorded often last year he was open to it, he wasn't driving out, and we weren't driving him out but if someone wanted him they'd have to pay X amount (draft wise.)

You’re not getting a late first rounder/early second for him, and if you do, you’re giving back something decent in the draft with Mitchell.
We're not giving up anything decent in the draft.

We'd likely go after your first, Pick 15/16 which is that late first, we'd likely pay a fair chunk of his salary which suits us and you, means you pay him around 500k?

We could send back a 4th, but that'd be it.

When the game was alive he most certainly did and they were 1v1 often.

Sonsie took the spot and possibly the pick Mitchell would have cost. Anyway
Sonsie was almost pick 30, Mitchell's worth more than that btw.

And no they didn't at all, and the game was rarely alive at all.

There were a few teams keen, just not on the top 10 pick price, which again is hard cause Mitchell wanted to go to a contending team.
I think most of the contending teams would have been set for his type.

Maybe he'd be interested in getting re-united with Clarko and putting some leadership around the north kids

Sonsie was almost pick 30, Mitchell's worth more than that btw.

And no they didn't at all, and the game was rarely alive at all.

Ok. Which Richmond player was Mitchell most often set against?

I imagine it would have been something like picks 30 and 17.

Almost a wasted season for Mitchell and hawthorn largely due to greed. Anyway

I think most of the contending teams would have been set for his type.

Maybe he'd be interested in getting re-united with Clarko and putting some leadership around the north kids
He wants to go a contending team, North won't be it, plus he won't get the midfield time there because of their kids and mid depth, their focus would be giving as much time to LDU, Simpkin, JHF etc as they can.

Ok. Which Richmond player was Mitchell most often set against?

I imagine it would have been something like picks 30 and 17.

Almost a wasted season for Mitchell and hawthorn largely due to greed. Anyway
Not sure, there's no real head to head matchups because Mitchell played off HF a fair amount of the game, so it was likely a defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back