Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not giving up anything decent in the draft.

We'd likely go after your first, Pick 15/16 which is that late first, we'd likely pay a fair chunk of his salary which suits us and you, means you pay him around 500k?

We could send back a 4th, but that'd be it.
All tho that’ll be nice I think if it was to happen it’ll be Pies 1st for T.Mitchell and our 2022 2nd or 2023 2nd but we pay none of his wage.

He wants to go a contending team, North won't be it, plus he won't get the midfield time there because of their kids and mid depth, their focus would be giving as much time to LDU, Simpkin, JHF etc as they can.
He might want to reset his expectations then because I don't think there's a contender that would be chasing him

All tho that’ll nice I think if it was to happen it’ll be Pies 1st for T.Mitchell and our 2022 2nd or 2023 2nd but we pay none of his wage.
Maybe they throw a 3rd in if we pay a decent portion of his wage

So something like 14 and 50 for 24 and Mitchell

Depending on what hawks pay salary wise could range from 30-50. Who needs an inside mid desperately? Could North take him on and move him into a coaching role post career, pay a higher pick and very little $$? Just hard to see how he has improved his value at all since last year at all.

I'd take a pick in the 30's or look at a pick upgrade , Our 24+Mitchell to get us back into the first round. He Still has no trouble winning the ball and can be that experienced mid that does the grunt work dishing it out. His inside minutes got severely reduced because we are so one dimensional in the midfield, and rightly so the younger mids were preferred knowing we aren't likely to win a premiership while Mitchell is still playing good footy.

Collingwood does make a lot of sense, it wouldn't have last year but now they're in finals contention. And saints depending where they view their list , if they think they are pushing for finals and not rebuilding Mitchell could work well. Pushes crouch to a more inside/outside role and they can move past Jones who is a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not giving up anything decent in the draft.

We'd likely go after your first, Pick 15/16 which is that late first, we'd likely pay a fair chunk of his salary which suits us and you, means you pay him around 500k?

We could send back a 4th, but that'd be it.
We’d then say, “Thanks, but we’ll pass.”

Collingwood is literally chasing him..

They're the first keen and their deficiencies line up with Mitchells strengths. No brainer.
Where’s the link or quote that Collingwood is chasing him?

It’s come out today he’s looking to be traded, and we’re literally getting ready for a QF lol

Not great form. On what I assume is a hefty contract. Wouldn't have thought he'd play well into his 30s given his broken leg.

Good to see some Hawks fans are realistic with the 25-35 pick, absolutely zero chance you get a first rounder for him and if you do, it's probably from Brisbane who will have a pick in the mid teens anyway you'd think.

Where’s the link or quote that Collingwood is chasing him?

It’s come out today he’s looking to be traded, and we’re literally getting ready for a QF lol
You were the first team mentioned who is looking at him, you've already looked at mids for this off season and you have a clear weak point for inside mids.

Absolute no brainer that you'd be keen on him.

We’d then say, “Thanks, but we’ll pass.”
Well you'd be alone in that, or in a minority.

There's so many types of Pies fans, you're saying that, you've got plenty who want Mitchell and think what i am saying for a early second or late first is fair, but it also depends on your Grundy deal.

And then you've got blokes who ain't know what they want.

Collingwood is literally chasing him..

They're the first keen and their deficiencies line up with Mitchells strengths. No brainer.
Is there anything actually linking them? They probably make the most sense of any in the 8 but the rest wouldn't make any sense and I don't know that it would be a no brainer

Not great form. On what I assume is a hefty contract. Wouldn't have thought he'd play well into his 30s given his broken leg.

Good to see some Hawks fans are realistic with the 25-35 pick, absolutely zero chance you get a first rounder for him and if you do, it's probably from Brisbane who will have a pick in the mid teens anyway you'd think.
"Not great form" lmao, next.
700-800k yes.
Well no, that's a weird assumption, he's come back from it well and has only shown minor signs of it effecting his game, which he can't fix but it's stuff where he's able to change his game and prlong his career, if you follow ball magnets at all, you'd know why i believe he'll play for a while.

Zero chance? Lmfao.

Is there anything actually linking them? They probably make the most sense of any in the 8 but the rest wouldn't make any sense and I don't know that it would be a no brainer
They were the first team mentioned on the news and it's an absolute no brainer, they need inside mids and it's a clear weak point.

Mitchell comes in and makes an immediate impact, they can only improve from where they're sitting currently.

"Not great form" lmao, next.
700-800k yes.
Well no, that's a weird assumption, he's come back from it well and has only shown minor signs of it effecting his game, which he can't fix but it's stuff where he's able to change his game and prlong his career, if you follow ball magnets at all, you'd know why i believe he'll play for a while.

Zero chance? Lmfao.
Good luck mate. Will happily quote you when you accept a pick in the late 20s for him. Feel free to quote me if I'm wrong though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back