Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong. Plus geelong cant trade any of that. Its not allowed.
I thought it would be the cats or dees.

But I'm pretty sure they can trade the 1st if they have the other rounds. Is it the 2 in 4 years rule? Would pick 7 come into play as one of the 1st in 4 years.

Could be wrong the AFL trade rules are full of strange red tape.

Just need to get melb on board haha 🤣

Melb: 33 for F2nd
Port: Ratugolea for 33
Coll: Mitchell, F1st (Geel) for Henry, 41, F4th
Haw: 25, Stephens for Mitchell, F3rd
Geel: Henry, 41, F2nd (Melb), F3rd (Haw), F4th (Coll) for Stephens, Ratugolea, 25, F1st

Who's unhappy?
Updated* 🤣

Paying all of his salary for a pick this high would be poor trading
Not if you’re not currently using that salary cap. It’s added to the draft capital you receive.

Realistically, Mitchell is a freebie or a nothing pick next year as a 30 year old.

A mid second rounder for an older player you don’t really want is pretty decent return.

No movement with Mitchell or O'meara.

Just a repeat from last year when Wingard, Mitchell, O'meara, Breust, Gunston etc were all getting shipped off at one point or another.

That is quite a Possibly at the Moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um that is not a good trade for Hawthorn. How did Collingwood end up with Mitchell and 25 while Hawthorn lose Mitchell, gain an untested mid and a few later picks in a draft that isn't that deep by all reports...

Um that is not a good trade for Hawthorn. How did Collingwood end up with Mitchell and 25 while Hawthorn lose Mitchell, gain an untested mid and a few later picks in a draft that isn't that deep by all reports...
It's crap... Stephens had to be steak knives in a deal not the ****ing main course

I honestly don't mind it, all the Geelong fans I've seen talking about Stephens seem to really rate him.

We'll likely bundle up our 40's picks to get our hands on some Brissy picks further up.

I honestly don't mind it, all the Geelong fans I've seen talking about Stephens seem to really rate him.

We'll likely bundle up our 40's picks to get our hands on some Brissy picks further up.
Still very inexperienced.

The Hawks will give him plenty of time and he could play every game next season but he could be the next Josh Kennedy or he could be the next Will Setterfield.

Stephens and a couple of late picks is very meagre for a player of Mitchell’s quality.

Still very inexperienced.

The Hawks will give him plenty of time and he could play every game next season but he could be the next Josh Kennedy or he could be the next Will Setterfield.

Stephens and a couple of late picks is very meagre for a player of Mitchell’s quality.
That's true but Hawthorn are keen for a reset and we honestly had no need for him. He was played out of position for much of the year to allow kids to develop. With Mitchell and O'meara out, we can throw Newcombe, Worpel, Macdonald, Ward, Maginness, Butler, Nash, Long and even Day in the midfield rotation. Along with maybe Stephens and whoever we get with pick 6 (highly likely a mid).

When was the last time Geelong fans said anything bad about their mids. Hawks got him one year ahead of when he would have been delisted by Geelong anyway. Barring catastrophic injuries, he was never going to get a game in the Cats midfield now that Bowes and Bruhn are in (selwood out). Menegola Parfitt and Holmes missed out on playing in the GF, I don't think Stephens was ever in the frame.

This has got Murdoch and Constable to the Gold Coast written all over it. Stephens is a lot like Constable. He never stuffed up, but he never excelled in any particular area either.

Wow we got absolutely shafted lol.

I thought you should have got 25 and maybe given pies a r3 back but cooper is a good player. Hes no mitchell no one is but he will play 22 games for you next year and you will like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tom Mitchell - Traded to Collingwood as part of 3-way trade (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back