Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

He is lot like Adams.

Adams great In and Under the Ball but his Kicking can be Terrible at Times

Dominic03 player joining your Club can change you Tune on them BUT lot of Pies Fans where not Fans of Getting McStay and even when he Signed lot still where not Sold

Poor bloke only has two haircuts left.
He's not quite 2018 Sidebottom, but the baldness approaches.

iu

People need to stop worrying about his age, we brought him in to win a flag next year and/or the year after
Yep. And it's not just about the short term. It's basically Mitchell for Grundy, which I think is a short term win - obviously debatable - but it's a massive win in terms of salary cap for the future - $900,000 for Grundy in the last two years of his contract was likely to be horrific.

You got yourself a good one here guys.

He basically carried our entire midfield for multiple years which is an amazing feat in itself even discounting all the individual awards he won during his time with us.

He will also fit in so well with your senior players like Pendles, Sidebottom, etc because like those guys this guy just doesn't put in a bad performance. The ultimate pro.

Make his role a simple one (win the ball and give it to your skilled mids) and he will absolutely smash it next year.
Then why were you guys so keen to get rid of him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to have him. Seems like a real down to earth professional & the best part is there's nothing but praise from his Ex-clubs supporters about his work ethic & body language during games. Will fit in well under Fly & will add another element to our midfield for the next 3-4 years. Go Pies :handfist:

Welcome Titch.

I'd be a billionare if i had 1$ for every Pies fan who's mind of Mitchell have changed completely within the last 48 hours.
Either I’m underestimating the size of our supporter base, or your maths isn’t great.

Either way, I’ve said a gazillion times on here that people shouldn’t exaggerate.

For so long we had a pretty "undamaging" midfield, lots of possessions with no hurt factor. I think now we are too far the other way, lots of hurt factor but we can't win the bloody ball! Tom Mitchell has few, if any players better than him at winning the ball.

It's just the perfect mix imo. Hope he can stay injury free. I think generally, we need to be pretty injury free next year to contend.

I've read some vague comments about the durability of his shoulder. Any insight on that?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
First damage was done against Melbourne in the 2018 SF, he then fractured his shoulder and played every game through it in 2020 he then had a shoulder reco in 2021, wouldn’t say it’s too much of an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back