Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked well when Bucks tried to do that with Mick

None of them except heater went on to anything like decent careers elsewhere…. Maybe bucks saw those players were a bit full of their own self importance…….hindsight says he was spot on.

In hawthorns case it’s more of an old fashioned rebuild and the Clarko era overpaiD midfield plodders were the first to go.

Mick himself, with Daisys help, went on to cancel Carlton. Alls well that ends well.

Last edited:
He’s very durable. Had a broken leg and missed all of 2019. Ignoring that year, averaged 22 games per season over the past 8 years. He didn’t miss many games from the shoulder injury. More importantly no soft tissue concerns of note that have plagued adams over recent years.

Hopefully and I’m no expert, with full recoveries from broken legs being a very long term proposition, he can return to his previous Brownlow medal form now that injury is a distant memory.

I think there’s only so many heart and soul players you can force out before the playing group starts revolting and not buying into the culture anymore.
Yep. Grundy played some great footy for us, but he came across as a solo artist, whereas Adams comes across as a really core part of the group. In terms of team, I think punting Adams would be detrimental to the team, even though he's not as good. In that respect, I think Cats will miss Selwood more than they missed Ablett when he left.

He’s very durable. Had a broken leg and missed all of 2019. Ignoring that year, averaged 22 games per season over the past 8 years. He didn’t miss many games from the shoulder injury. More importantly no soft tissue concerns of note that have plagued adams over recent years.

Hopefully and I’m no expert, with full recoveries from broken legs being a very long term proposition, he can return to his previous Brownlow medal form now that injury is a distant memory.

He doesn't even need to get back to that kind of form imo for us to take the next step (obviously it would help immensely lol)

For mine he just needs to win a decent share of ruck clearances. Both in the centre and around the ground. If he can genuinely and tangibly improve us in that area working in combination with De Goey, Adams, Daicos, Crisp et al, then we're going to be extremely difficult to beat next year

Sides dont tag de goey. They tag Nick.

and Nick will love getting less Attention and Adams will too as he does not need to do everything as a Inside Mid as only 1 we have that is AFL Ready

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Titch won’t ever get back to 2018 form, purely because he’s older and lost lateral movement and some minor things with his broken leg, the shoulder would play some affect but still he’ll likely contend for a Brownlow, backend 2021, 20 votes post bye, one of the best mids in the comp, had 44 and a goal against you lads too haha

Titch won’t ever get back to 2018 form, purely because he’s older and lost lateral movement and some minor things with his broken leg, the shoulder would play some affect but still he’ll likely contend for a Brownlow, backend 2021, 20 votes post bye, one of the best mids in the comp, had 44 and a goal against you lads too haha
Disposal numbers aren’t important, his clearance numbers will be

We don’t need him in 2018 form or even getting 30 plus a game

We just needing him getting clearances. That’s it.

We were 1 point shy of a potential flag being 18th in the comp for clearances. Both centre and around the ground.

If Tom can help us go from 18th to say…Top 10? We’re golden.

Yep. Grundy played some great footy for us, but he came across as a solo artist, whereas Adams comes across as a really core part of the group. In terms of team, I think punting Adams would be detrimental to the team, even though he's not as good. In that respect, I think Cats will miss Selwood more than they missed Ablett when he left.
Total agreement Brodie is just not made to be 'one of the boys'

He’s not exactly Jack Anthony either. I doubt Brodie is the complete outsider people are making him out to be. It takes all types at a football club.
TBH Brodie is a thinking man and a footballer. That makes him part of a very small club. One of the other members of that club is Darcy Moore. The difference is that Darcy has an ability to relate to others on any level - that's no criticism of Grundy btw, it's simply an observation of what a remarkable young man Darcy is. I get the feeling that BG is a naturally reserved sort of character and that at times makes him present as aloof when in actual fact he's just not sure how to relate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back