Tom Scully

Remove this Banner Ad

No Sweet or Visentini in the SANFL meant Scully had to ruck this week.

20 disposals, 24 hitouts and also 3 marks while drifting in the backline.
View attachment 1988425

His tank was always going to be a worry but that looks ok he is covering the ground.

Shame we don't have a midfield in the sanfl to get the ball to him and work on his forward craft.

No Sweet or Visentini in the SANFL meant Scully had to ruck this week.

20 disposals, 24 hitouts and also 3 marks while drifting in the backline.
View attachment 1988425

He did alright for a guy who is not a ruckman. He could be the perfect third tall/second ruck to start his career.

Took a really good pack grab in front of me in the third quarter dropping back across half back.

Was his opposing ruck any good? I.e. did he win a tough battle or was he feasting upon a part-timer?
North had a guy called Liam Hoy who is 205cm. He had 13 hitouts. They've moved Mitch Harvey back to the forward line.

Liam Hoy was recruited from the Sydney Academy.

Scully's ruckwork has been a pleasant surprise this season. Another string to the bow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why it’s crucial for us to surround these kids with some mature capable footballers in the SANFL team. Suddenly Scully, McCallum and others don’t look so out of their league. Does wonders for their confidence and in turn their development.
Its why I said to Ford a few weeks ago, when we watched a Magpies game, that if Charlie really wants to play next year and he isn't completely stuffed, we should rookie list him, pay him the $100k base, $80k is outside the cap, and tell him he might play 3 or 4 AFL games if we really get into trouble with injuries and he is there to help develop and protect our young AFL listed players.

Its a better deal than what the Magpies leadership player is allowed to be paid, and by keeping him involved with AFL players he doesn't turn off, but he gets some exemption from AFL training, so that he can train 100% of the time with the Magpies players, not just one session a week like the AFL players do now.

Saturday's game with Dixon, Finlayson, Jones and Sweet playing, gave us some size, strength and experience to help out the young AFL players and even the top up players - we still had 11 of them. And after finally winning a game, it would have given them all some great confidence for the game against Norwood and rest of year rather than another loss in the middle of winter.

I am so hoping Tom Scully comes along and becomes that forward/ruck to Visentini as the main ruck. His three goals all came in the first quarter and then fell off. He seems to be slowly coming along. Not ready this year and we have options (of sorts). Maybe next year as the break out year.

I am so hoping Tom Scully comes along and becomes that forward/ruck to Visentini as the main ruck. His three goals all came in the first quarter and then fell off. He seems to be slowly coming along. Not ready this year and we have options (of sorts). Maybe next year as the break out year.

I didn't see the first half but going by the highlights, Scully kicked two in the first quarter (crucial goals into the breeze) and one in the second, before the rain came in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Scully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back