Votes: 14 4.9%

Votes: 85 30.0%

Votes: 57 20.1%

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 45 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you need to chill out, be better than geelong supporters.

We dont need to wish injuries on anyone or hope someone evens it up.

Just be content in the fact we win when it really matters.

Also the thread is about Stewart and Prestia

If it was pre meditated by Scott you wouldn't use Tom Stewart to do it you use some spud on the fringe of the first team.
It would have been a general instruction, If you get a chance to take them out "within the rules" do so.
They admitted it when they said he got the execution wrong.

Problem was it was so far outside of the rules and the result of the act was so severe for last week and beyond that 4 weeks is laughable and nothing short of an orchestrated AFL corrupt outcome and the media have been sweeping it under the carpet by towing the AFL party line agreeing with 4 weeks. Nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited:

Nearly threw up watching footy classified last night. Eddie and that peanut Sam McClure banging on about how graciously the situation was handled by Stewart, Scott and Geelong in general. It was like the whole situation was looked on as a positive for everyone including the AFL. Caroline Wilson tried to pull it back to Dion and how bad the actual incident was and she was shut down. Eddie saying the AFL tribunal got it right giving him 4 weeks then in the next breath saying next year it may be 6? I give up, AFL is a autocratic entity controlling the narrative and media. Never getting anything wrong and setting up the expectation they will go hard next year on heavy high contact. Bunch of campaigners. I'm out.

Edit: Also just wanted to add, what other choice did Stewart and Geelong have post game anyway? What was the alternative?
Them being lauded for how they handled the situation post game is a disgrace and an insult to our intelligence.
Remorse was the only common sense and least damaging way to approach this.
Put you hand up and own it as the vision is there, you cannot try and talk your way out of that.
Agree. And it would have at least been appropriate if they acknowledged that, as much as little Tommy says feels bad about it, what he did:
Almost certainly cost us the 4 points to their benefit; and
Prestia missed that game plus at least another. So little Tommy might only miss one more game than the victim of his decision.

Agree. And it would have at least been appropriate if they acknowledged that, as much as little Tommy says feels bad about it, what he did:
Almost certainly cost us the 4 points to their benefit; and
Prestia missed that game plus at least another. So little Tommy might only miss one more game than the victim of his decision.
that would b 2 more games according 2 my maths. anyhoo the clubs moved on so should we.

Old GEN at it again. Derrwayne interviewing Shocking about how Tom Stewart has felt and his feelings. Like **** me give it a break. He ****ed up, copped his penalty now move on.

I am still filthy on this should have been 6 or more

Stewart may have been managed this week regardless of the prestia incident

he will put his feet up and enjoy a few light beers while watching Geelong take on and thrash North Melbourne this weekend....

tigers with prob play conservative and give dion an extra week as well. do the sums....it's 3 missed games for both really, and stewart comes back fresh as a daisy for a tune up block of games for the finals.

Brad Sheppard thinks its too light.

Tom Stewart’s hit on Dion Prestia was a “dirty act” that deserved a longer suspension, according to retired Eagle and concussion victim Brad Sheppard.
Geelong defender Stewart copped a four-week ban after running past the ball and collecting Prestia, leaving the Richmond midfielder dazed and requiring several minutes to be helped from the field with the assistance of trainers.
Sheppard retired prematurely late last year aged 30 after suffering delayed symptoms from two concussions late in his career, joining former West Coast teammate Daniel Venables in having his career ended due to head trauma.

Brad Sheppard was an All-Australian in 2020 but forced into retirement just 20 games later due to concussion. Picture: Michael Klein
Speaking about the Stewart bump, Sheppard said he felt for Prestia and believed Stewart’s penalty had been too lenient.
“You never think in today’s game that players are going to go past the ball and to cause severe head trauma to yourself. We don’t know about the long-term future of Dion,” Sheppard told SEN.
“Reports are that he’s tracking OK, and I hope for his sake, he is tracking OK. Because going through those experiences and symptoms, it is a scary time for him to be going through right now – not only for himself, but for his family and his partner and for the football club as well.
“I think those actions, regardless of the person themselves… it’s a dirty act on the footy field.”
Sheppard, who was named in the All-Australian side at the end of 2020 before being forced to retire just 20 games later, said he “thought we had gone past those days” when it came to bumps past the ball.
“Whether he meant it or not… I don’t think Tom Stewart for one moment had him lined up from 100 metres away. I think in that moment, he saw him there and he collected him high,” he said.
“But it was a conscious decision to go through with the act, and I think four weeks is a little bit light.”
Brad Sheppard believes Tom Stewart’s four game suspension is ‘a little light’ for his hit on [PLAYERCARD]Dion Prestia[/PLAYERCARD]. Picture: Getty Images

Brad Sheppard believes Tom Stewart’s four game suspension is ‘a little light’ for his hit on Dion Prestia. Picture: Getty Images
Earlier this year, Sheppard mounted a case for a mandatory 30-day lay-off for concussed players to be introduced, which would mark an increase of almost triple on the current 12-day hiatus.

Back