Tom Williams gone for 10 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

If Grant had of played on and was injured (unfortunately a common occurrence in the latter part of his career) you would have been critical that we retained an injury-prone veteran instead of drafting a young KPP for the future.

a true supproter would never be critical of JEZORB! without him, u muppets wouldn't have a club

blackkettlesolo300.jpg
:p:D:thumbsu:

thats not true with richmond - our talls have always been reasonable in richo, ottens, stafford, gaspar,, kellaway - and at the moment we have hughes, reiwoldt, mcguane, thursfield, pattison - who are all 21 or under.

only schulz falls into the category

now - if you had said midfielders - i would have agreed.

Chris Grant was on the vets list, so we didn't get an extra pick at the national draft due to him retiring.

There's two things I find a bit annoying on bigfooty

1/ People who just seem to bag out the club no matter what. You know, the type whose first post after a premiership would be about how awful it is that we wore sponsorship hats on the podium.

2/ People who just defend the club no matter what.

But it's a public forum and people are entitled to their own opinion, no matter how stupid it is.

Fwiw I thought Eade stuffed up by making Grant retired. He was just taking up a vets list spot, we are very light on for quality talls, his experience would have been great for the kids and sentiment.

It's funny how many people who seem to have read 'A dummies guide to Business Management' think sentiment has no place in footy. It most certainly does. Of course I wouldn't keep a player who was gone just for sentimental reasons but if it's close to 50/50 it's actually the smart thing to do. Think about a player who is being offered a decent amount more by rival clubs, loyalty is a two-way street. It also adds to the pride of playing for your club. Funny that some people can both agree with us dumping Granty after he wanted to play on and also go feral if a player decides to leave us.

I may be wrong, but as you're only allowed to have 2 vets that are exempt from the list, wouldn't Johnno have moved up and filled one of these spots as they would have been Grant and West before. Therefore we did get to draft a player to fill his spot. I'm disappointed Grant is not there anymore but I guess they figured they'd never be able to play him in the 2's and they wanted to give Williams a shot at CHB. Grant's days of CHF were behind him and they couldn't play him as a loose man in the back line in perpetuity.
All this has been shot in the foot (beg my pun) if Williams injury has reoccured.

OK. It's now six hours after the original post and I still haven't heard a thing - not even on SEN.

I want to see it in print.

Tom Williams is not going to Europe and is yet to have a scan to determine the extent of the injury. Once he does the club will know more.

This post is from the club, when he will have the scan we dont know, so we dont know the extent of this injury so have to wait for him to have the scan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the case, why do people like The Good Thing come on here and talk ill-informed crap?

Poptart said it, it's the bigfooty way.

The Good Thing said that they were at training last night and seen Williams go down, and thats all fair to come on and say.

But to come on and say he is out for 10 weeks and off to Europe isn't right, he should have come on imo and said that he was at training last night and seen Williams break down, and thinks it will be a 10 week injury, and it might be worth the club sending him to Europe.

Lets just wait for the scans but as I have already hinted I doubt they will tell a different story. Its like the Max Rooke sitauation from Geelong where he went to Europe for treatment. Of course the club will not confirm anything but they have confirmed Tom is getting scans to determine the level of injury - a scan is only done when there is a problem (and mostly serious concerns at that) and for that I don't mind getting the scoop credit. Credit will be even more due from the doubters in 24 hours I would say. I am saddened by Tom's injury as much as the next bloke but having seen the injury and listening to the trainers and the comments the situation is that he is gone for some time and my guess is that he will go to Europe for treatment - as I have said all along.
The Good Thing

Poptart said it, it's the bigfooty way.

The Good Thing said that they were at training last night and seen Williams go down, and thats all fair to come on and say.

But to come on and say he is out for 10 weeks and off to Europe isn't right, he should have come on imo and said that he was at training last night and seen Williams break down, and thinks it will be a 10 week injury, and it might be worth the club sending him to Europe.
Who are you to to criticise and suggest ways on how "the good thing" should conduct himself on this forum? For all you know he could be well informed and has clearly let us fans know far sooner than what the club would have.
Some people get so caught up in themselves that they tend to overlook some of the quality contributions by some other posters!

Lets just wait for the scans but as I have already hinted I doubt they will tell a different story. Its like the Max Rooke sitauation from Geelong where he went to Europe for treatment. Of course the club will not confirm anything but they have confirmed Tom is getting scans to determine the level of injury - a scan is only done when there is a problem (and mostly serious concerns at that) and for that I don't mind getting the scoop credit. Credit will be even more due from the doubters in 24 hours I would say. I am saddened by Tom's injury as much as the next bloke but having seen the injury and listening to the trainers and the comments the situation is that he is gone for some time and my guess is that he will go to Europe for treatment - as I have said all along.
The Good Thing

I'm understand your point.

But also understand that people like me, get extremely frustrated when posters come on here and say ''player X has this injury and will be sidelined for two months'' and then it comes out that it has been blown out of proportion and the injury is not half as bad.

Not so much of a drama then. relatively.

10 weeks Could be a Giansiracusa-like strain/tear to a ligament, or a badly torn muscle.

Report I heard is that it is a tendon injury in the thigh region. It is the same injury he has been battling since soon after the Xmas break. Not sure if he has re-injured the area after it had healed or it just isn't getting better and it needs rest.

Either way something has gone wrong with one or some of the original diagnosis, treatment or recouperation phases.

This is even more tragic because we have our hopes on Tom being a great player but we still dont know if he is going to be good because he has had limited with game time.

Here hoping it come good some time and we can actaully see how good he is.

my guess is that he will go to Europe for treatment - as I have said all along.
So let me get this straight - the Europe thing is purely a guess on your part?

There's a little difference between that and saying that going to Europe "is 100% accurate" (as you did in the opening post) when scans hadn't even been performed yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Williams gone for 10 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back