Tonight's banner.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're reading too much into it. The imputations weren't with regards to Brisbane's plight, it was merely a commentary on how they wore the Brisbane Bears guernsey last week.

The real crime is the stupid use of the 'nek minnit' tripe.

sneak peek at friday nights banner:

bFonBKu.jpg

Not a fan at all.

Bad attempt at a troll, we're better than that.

The banner clearly gave a nod toward Tom Hafey before taking the piss out of the Lions/Bears. The two subjects were completely unrelated and anyone with an ounce of common sense would have seen that.

Storm. Tea Cup.

Spot on, although its seems in short supply these days. It far more fashionable to froth at the mouth while clubbing people with your PC bat.

But since its well known these morons exist and love nothing more than screaming bloody murder, it shouldve been done better.

I thought the dig at the Bears was worse than having RIP Hafey on the banner

I wasn't impressed. From what I could hear around us none of those nearby were either. Usually you wouldn't hear any opinions on the banner.

We can shirley do better than that. I hope lessons are learnt from this week's experience and feedback anyway. I thought this one was crass and disrespectful.

I wasn't impressed. From what I could hear around us none of those nearby were either. Usually you wouldn't hear any opinions on the banner.

We can shirley do better than that. I hope lessons are learnt from this week's experience and feedback anyway. I thought this one was crass and disrespectful.

Some of our banners in the 90s were pretty funny but you need to walk the walk before you talk the talk, the reality is nobody knew if we would come out and have a crack or not so not the best circumstances to taking pot shots at the opposition who would see it and might fire up.

Why give them ammo, they beat us the last time we met last year, a nice tribute to Hafey and a reminder to the boys about if you want to be here in September instead of watching other teams on TV then the hunger must be there every week, or words to that effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am 100% sure the Hafey ref and the rest are unrelated. FFS - that is so obvious. The cheer squad should have had the Hafey reference in a different colour or font to clarify the difference. The rest was stupid. If that really did come from the club then the person responsible should have Goldy's size 16 kicked up their clacker. Very poor choice to insult another club. It ain't cricket.

Why have a shot at Brisbane, that's what I don't understand.

We had a perfectly good chance to slander those human pin cushions from Windy Hill in round one and did nothing. That is something I would have appreciated.

Some of our banners in the 90s were pretty funny but you need to walk the walk before you talk the talk, the reality is nobody knew if we would come out and have a crack or not so not the best circumstances to taking pot shots at the opposition who would see it and might fire up.

Why give them ammo, they beat us the last time we met last year, a nice tribute to Hafey and a reminder to the boys about if you want to be here in September instead of watching other teams on TV then the hunger must be there every week, or words to that effect.

New gen need to go back to school. Totally agree that back in the day, the mindset was clearly on witty and respectful level. Focus on things that are real and don't let ambiguous situations arise plus creative flair was always the go.

For all the good work the CS has put in, they have burned themselves. Best if the person responsible grows some kahunas quick and apologizes to not only the club but to everyone who wasn't impressed with the tacky message that lacked class and maturity.

If I was Swallow I would of got the team to run around the run-through / banner to teach the CS that this is what the NMFC is not about.

Why have a shot at Brisbane, that's what I don't understand.

We had a perfectly good chance to slander those human pin cushions from Windy Hill in round one and did nothing. That is something I would have appreciated.

Hey mate, CS tried to get 'RIP * 1871-2014' over the line but the club wouldn't have a bar of it. :thumbsdown:

That was a cheap shot by the cheer squad. If it was an opposition banner about North's plight this board would be up in arms. IMO making fin of a clubs mergers is a massive no no. I hope ever was in charge is held responsible.

Wish I could 'like' your post more than once.

North are not in the position to be throwing stones here. And the 'Nek minnit' is just childish and cringeworthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight's banner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back