Mega Thread Tony Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems i am not alone on this view even if it is Mark Latham who agrees.

Abbott 'must have had beer goggles on': Latham

Former Labor leader Mark Latham has bought into the row, saying Mr Abbott was "gilding the lily".
YouTube: Mark Latham speaks with 3AW

"It showed very bad judgment. It shows that he's got low standards. I don't think she's got sex appeal at all," he told 3AW.
"Abbott has exaggerated massively here to try and win her votes among the blokes in Lindsay.
"He must have had the beer goggles on because she's not that good a sort.
"And I'd rather have an aspirant for the prime ministership who is a good judge at checking out the good sorts as many Australian men do.
"He's gilding the lily here ... in politics they say that it's show biz for ugly people and I don't think she'll be out of place."

I looked her up and thought sex appeal was a pretty big stretch (minger was the word that came to mind), but she'll be a looker in the halls of Hollywood for ugly people.

*high fives Latham*

did not LArk Matham hit up hit on Kate Ellis @Portia's?

so Lark is not exactly got much taste double negative neoplasm cos she shacked up with adelaide ex sydney tele editor david penberthy

penberthy is imbibing from wunna those mid aged middle class crisis bourgeois diets n weightloss.

penberthy v paul howes.

press patriarch v proletariat.

diets 4 weightloss. not just a women thing.

The defence of his "sex-appeal" statement by the candidate he directed it to was pretty awkward and embarrassing, probably didn;t help that Abbott was sort of creepily standing beside her while she said it.

How hard is it to just admit it was a stupid thing to say.

abbott is doing some inverse wedge.

like GuruJane said, the Western Sydney bogans are gunna lap this $hit up. Credlin may even had told Abbott to say this. If Plibersek and Rudd say this is unacceptable in the C21, even more votes lost [4 alp]. And modern working women sounds patroning (?) like da Guru, are just gonna laff Abbott off, and not put too much stock in it, and vote how they gunna vote anyhow. they will not abrogate a vote because of a campaign gaff that may or may not have been a gaffe with the e.

so, (i) Abbott not losing votes. may have even gained bogan votes that liked their chicks wif sex appeal, And (ii) ALP can only lose votes by being wedged and actin all pofaced and hang wringing.

= Abbott and Credlin overwhelming WIN

edit sould have spelled bogans with a z

abbott is doing some inverse wedge.

like GuruJane said, the Western Sydney bogans are gunna lap this $hit up. Credlin may even had told Abbott to say this.

You can bet your budgies.

If Plibersek and Rudd say this is unacceptable in the C21, even more votes lost.

ooooo yes. Already has.

And modern working women sounds patroning (?) like da Guru, are just gonna laff Abbott off, and not put too much stock in it, and vote how they gunna vote anyhow. they will not abrogate a vote because of a campaign gaff that may or may not have been a gaffe with the e.

so, (i) Abbott not losing votes. may have even gained bogan votes that liked their chicks wif sex appeal,

Not just bogans who like their chicks with sex appeal.
And the gals don't half like their blokes to have sizzle.

And (ii) ALP can only lose votes by being wedged and actin all pofaced and hang wringing.

luvvies ... the suppository of idiocy embedded up the backside of the labor movement.

= Abbott and Credlin overwhelming WIN

edit sould have spelled bogans with a z

Did I make the point about luvvie stupidity strongly enough?

Did I make the point about luvvie stupidity strongly enough?

i was just confirming you original jane, cos it is lost on the board. the C21 epoch and GenX-Y'ers dont unnerstan it. life in C21 Aus, too easy, gotta confect problem(z). so they wanna do the Movember and Awareness charities that confer some meaning and humanity in their mirror(s). Problems as Simulcra.

c Eddie Perfect, sounds like a joanna murray smith play, but with talent http://www.mtc.com.au/plays-and-tickets/2013-mainstage/the-beast/
From the genius that is Eddie Perfect, comes a cutting, modern day satire which tears our notions of morality to shreds with a hilarious rant on urban culture, organic lifestyles and infidelity.

Abbott's PPL going down like a lead balloon.

Really? I thought the punters substantially preferred it to the govts in one poll?

Better watch it Crows. Might be yet another example, like suppositories, sex appeal and fashions, where the luvvies end up having to eat their straw.

Really? I thought the punters substantially preferred it to the govts in one poll?

Better watch it Crows. Might be yet another example where the luvvies end up having to eat their straw.

Everyone likes it except any Liberal member of Parliament State or Federral, AMMA and ACCI

Better watch it Crows. Might be yet another example, like suppositories, sex appeal and fashions, where the luvvies end up having to eat their straw.

By outspending the Greens on their PPL policy an amazing achievement!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ease up on the hyperbole GJ, you have gone into overdrive since Rudd came back. You used to be a reasonable poster. You're starting to look as bad as me.
LOL.
I think Gurujane is Tony. Talking himself up.

No secret Tones likes women, likes sex and lots of it and is no doubt very good at it. In my experience this is not generally a turnoff to women. Usually the opposite.

i call bull$h!t. looks like a gunsli!nger from Deadwood. if he cant find a way around his own body, he is supposed to find a way around the opposite sex? Tony just screams "I'm a Mick dud root who would have been no loss to Giacomo Casanova if he/I joined the priesthood"

no, the greens will just redistribute the other 50k. they'll keep it, no worries, and spend it with another policy

Yes the Coalition outspent the Greens on a policy announcement and we have some of the liberals fanboy's and fangirls actually thinking it is a good idea!!!

I agree. Which makes it odd that people jeer at Abbott for being too scared to front up to 'tough questions' on Q&A, then laugh when he goes to community forums because they're a 'soft option'.
I haven't noticed people jeering and then laughing... Maybe you are confusing two separate lots of people with different reactions? I have heard people complain he won't do longform interviews, but they also jeer when he ignores or just walks away from questions or silently, freakily nods for a whole minute at Mark Riley on 7. I tend to laugh more at those.

It is odd Abbott won't do Q&A if he's happy to do other community forums. Maybe he's scared of us Internet types and the Twitter feed? Or is it Tony Jones? Jones is even-handed in his hard questions, and if Hockey can front up to the economic forum it must just be that Abbott's handlers don't trust him on live longform television where it isn't highly controlled like the debate from two Sundays ago...

That 1st link I posted is pretty funny too. Especially from the 3 min mark where it edits all the different political programs complaining that Abbott (and sometimes all of his frontbenchers!) won't come on:

Everyone likes it except any Liberal member of Parliament State or Federral, AMMA and ACCI

Dog of a policy Comrade. Full pay to do nothing. Genius. What next a free fridge complete with be alert but not afraid magnet? I am sure plenty of punters can see this is just a blatant attempt to win a certain vote.

Dog of a policy Comrade. Full pay to do nothing. Genius. What next a free fridge complete with be alert but not afraid magnet? I am sure plenty of punters can see this is just a blatant attempt to win a certain vote.

I like it but its too expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back