errant bounce

Team Captain
May 2, 2024
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Anyone watch media watch tonight?

Big Tony 'Sharehouse' Armstrong's 'retirement' (you don't retire from a job to just get another one you idiot) from ABC News Breakfast wasn't all the self advancing he made it out to be.

He was doing voiceover ads for NRMA Insurance as they try and pivot from an insurance company into something else. he was also doing other ads. it is stipulated in the ABC contract that you're unable to do other work unless okayed by the ABC. which sounds about right. after all, for the idiots they have on there on massive wages, it is ultimate a publicly funded asset. Tony tried to wiggle around the clause by only voicing ads and not being the face of them. these NRMA ads were shown a lot during 9's Olympics broadcast and that's clearly triggered a couple of people at the ABC who've watched and cottoned on.

So, essentially, he's been sacked from the ABC for being greedy and going against the terms of his contract so he could make a few more bucks.

Interesting.

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/armstrong/104413980

Think it's fairly noteworthy that someone pretends to leave a job when really they were sacked, particularly when they permeated a 'nice guy' persona and bangs on about ethics and shit all the time.

Umm isn’t he just going on a different show on the ABC?

Yup. Was confirmed in a press release.

Thanks I was positive I had read that. So based off press release he is hosting a new, yet to be announced show.

Could still be smoke and mirrors to cover up a sacking and the show never comes to fruition but would be an extremely odd way to go about it.

At first I thought what has this got to with footy then I realised he was a journeyman player years ago so I guess there's a tenuous link to relevance to this subforum. Not sure if any one cares though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status in Question Tony Armstrong and the ABC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back